Don't ever ride your bike over debris

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Jan 1, 2015.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    at a decent speed, because you might ummm.....well just watch.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ouch

3. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
  4. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hate bicycles..... Those guys think the are invincible because they are skinny and wearing spandex. I'm much safer geared up on my Harley.

5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    the fuck?!

Holy Breaking Away Batman

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I did something like that when I was a kid. Right over the handlebars and on my face. I still have a scar and a lump on my forehead. It didn't tickle.

queerface and smichal like this.
  7. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Flip reminds me of this... dude is like Spiderman.

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  8. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
  9. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I ride a lot and think I am anything but invincible on the roads. I have three friends who used to ride motorcycles who stopped because they grew tired of idiot car drivers (one on a Harley, and if you cannot hear a Harley you must be deaf). Little doubt you are safer than cyclists, but the level of driving out there is pathetic these days. Too many people equate being able to push the pedal down with being a good driver.

Head Censor and Fuzz Nuts like this.
  10. imissalison

imissalison f**k Mutt

Reputations:
    I always ask: who and why is someone taping this? Looks pretty boring before the crash. I call shenanigans.

11. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Because everyone thinks their mundane bullshit is of interest to others.

12. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah I did that too. A failed jumped and busted my face. Live and learn. :snicker:

smichal likes this.
  13. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    my coworker friend went over the handlebars while trying to cycle on gravel.
    she broke off parts of her top 4 front teeth.
    it was disgusting and I had to drive her to the emergency dentist because her useless pussy of a husband wouldn't do it.
    I can still remember the smell of blood...
    I'm still scared to ride my bike..

Head Censor likes this.
  14. Blur

Blur Alumnus

Reputations:
    :console:

smichal likes this.
  15. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  16. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cycle a lot but do most of it on bike trails. Fortunately, we have a pretty good system where I live so I can get in a nice 30 mile ride without having to deal with traffic. When training for a century, it becomes necessary to go out in traffic and ride hills, and I rarely do this without a group. There are just too many fucking distracted drivers looking down at their iPhones while they're supposed to be driving. It's bad enough dealing with them when I'm driving, but if they hit my car, I at least have a chance.

17. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    *chills*

As a longtime avid cyclist, I hate to see that! I went down one time, while taking a drink from my water bottle my front tire hit a deep rut in the asphalt from vehicles scraping the road into a driveway. The force jammed my wheel right then left and I went over like a tree falling in a forest! My right hip, elbow, and shoulder hit the street doing about 20mph. Some people in 2 cars witnessed it and stopped to help, I think it took about 5 minutes to get my head together from my head spinning and numbness. Then as I gathered myself, I started to feel the pain! My water bottle had burst open, spilled, and was in the gutter about 50 feet down the street. The two gals that were in one car found my bottle, washed it off and refilled it with water from a new jug from their grocery's. The guy from the other car just kept talking to me to make sure I wasn't seriously injured. After I was able to start walking it off and straighten my handlebar, I assured them all I was ready to continue, they took off. I continued on to work and the owner saw the brutal road-rash on my arm and immediately drove me home. I couldn't lift my right arm the next three days, and my hip gave me aches every morning for years after that. Even today, almost 20 years later, my hip is fine but I still have a little trouble with my shoulder.

I'll never forget the kindness those strangers extended to me, I wish I got their names to be able to better extend my thanks with a clear head.

queerface, homebrew and Head Censor like this.
  18. LaserT

Reputations:
    Careful, that's a deep puddle... ease through it....easy....DOH!.

Rupert Pupkin and smichal like this.
  19. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Reminder that I need to get back on my old Specialized more (those fuckers are built to go on forever) .. and remember to wear that dorky helmet.

smichal likes this.
  20. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to run a lot as well. The difference with running is you are facing traffic, and for long runs I would be out on the highway. I would say at least 50% of the drivers would do something interesting: they would actually move over into the shoulder while approaching before swerving out to give you space. I used to think this was some weird passive aggressive thing, but came to realize they are actually moving over as they look at you. I put a mirror on my road bike for awhile and the same thing was happening there.

The other thing that drives me nuts is how many people smoke weed while they drive. I do not care what people do in their home, but the 420 crowd is so convinced that weed is this great gift from mother earth that too many apparently have no issue with getting high while driving. We also have no cops doing any enforcement here as I think their accountants said it was cheaper to deal with crimes after they happen. I love riding, but the drivers ruin it. I used to go out early thinking that would solve most of my issues, til a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver at 9:30am on a Saturday morning. Just insane.

Weed likes this.