Don't meet your heroes. Is that what happened to Artie?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Jun 4, 2013.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I always got the feeling that Artie's idol worship of Howard helped drive him into despair. After all PRE politically correct Artie was an old school queer brasher who freaked when he realized his idol was nothing more than a cheap old queen, beer can thick cock lover.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    :winner: I also think part of it is that Artie looked at Howard as a sort of father figure at first, only to find out by the end that he was just basically hired help and just another sucker to be used until he no longer had value to Howie.

3. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I haven't thought about that in a while, but I remember thinking this exact thing a few years back during the bro fight. How disappointing would it be to meet your hero and realize he was a complete sham. You can tell when Artie used to say I can't call you off the air, or say things like he couldn't bother Howard with personal shit. It seemed like you could hear the bitterness in Artie's voice.

4. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    lol I met Ian Rush a legendary footballer who played for Liverpool while i was at collage, ran all the way to the sports shop opening to meet him. Got there spoke to him for 5 mins then left thinking he was a dumbass, actually half retarded with not a thought in his head :(

5. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Oh man, meeting someone you idolize is often a huuuuuge disappointment. When I was a kid, I met (pre-roids) Barry Bonds. He was an asshole.

That was disappointing. He actually yelled at me, "if you get on this elevator, I'll kick your fuckin' ass!"

On the other hand, I met Will Clark. He was pretty cool. We talked about guns.

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I had a similar experience with Pete Rose years ago, but I sort of saw that one coming. :jj:

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I met Pete Rose as a little kid. Reporters were around. I took an opportunity in front of the press to get his autograph. He gave it somewhat grudgingly.

A chick reporter asked me to get something signed for her saying, "I can't ask him." I told her no because Rose was an ornery looking fucker.

8. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Uh, so you discovered he was a football player? ;)

(Yeah I know you're talking about some foreign UK kind of thing, soccer or something, dunno.)

Whatever anger or disappointment Artie had he's done a masterful job of hiding it lately. No one can get him to say a bad word about El Wig.