Don't you wish Robin was one of the patrons sitting in those seats

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Nov 17, 2012.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was real-life drama at Paul Rudd’s Broadway play “Grace†when an audience member who appeared drunk threw up over a mezzanine railing onto theatergoers below. “A drunk guy vomited over the railing onto about a dozen audience members seated in the orchestra, right in the middle of one of Rudd’s big monologues on Wednesday,†said one disgusted witness, adding, “There was mass chaos for several minutes, but the cast played right on through, ignoring the disruption.†Spies added of the nauseous fellow, “It was very apparent that alcohol was to blame†for the incident. (Rather than, say, a pre-theater meal at Guy Fieri’s American Kitchen & Bar nearby.) The unidentified intoxicated playgoer was immediately “ushered out of the house†and later was seen being treated by paramedics in front of the Cort Theatre. “The house staff expertly handled the situation as quickly and quietly as possible,†said an insider. “They quietly helped the messy patrons to restrooms to clean up and offered paper towels to others who wanted to stay in their seats and watch the show.†At the end of the performance, Rudd even made a curtain call to say thanks to the audience for “sticking with us.†“Given the severity of the situation, and the number of people affected, it’s pretty amazing that the show was able to go on uninterrupted,†added a Cort source. A rep for the show told us, “We suspect that the audience member in question meant to see ‘Rock of Ages’ and stumbled into the wrong theater. We apologiz to the patrons seated in the direct line of fire.â€

2. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I do, because then it would be Howard Stern related.

3. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Howard Stern related Paul Rudd reference:

The screening was hosted by the Cinema Society and held at a private residence in the ultra post resort town. Everything was going fine in the world of the obscenely rich and famous until Howard Stern and his wife were seated next to a couple of popcorn crunching chatterboxes.
    "They sit these two guys next to me who f---ing talk the entire g--damn movie. And they gave out free popcorn so they were f---ing with the bag and the popcorn and I said to Beth, I can't take it. I can't hear the g--damn movie...I got up I walked out. That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. And of course I dragged Beth out."
    Stern said his compulsion to bolt for the door didn't mean the film 'Dinner for Schmucks,' which bought ads on the Howard Stern Show. "I plan on seeing the second half," he said without urgency.
    "I felt bad because Paul Rudd, the star of the movie, and the director [Jay Roach] are sittin' behind me and they probably think I'm a sh-- and just walked out on their movie but that was it--f--- it. I was just done," said Stern.

4. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's going to be a long vacation break. Might as well talk about something.

5. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

When is this break over?

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It's probably some guerilla marketing stunt. It got free publicity for a show nobody would ever have even heard of.

7. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    Howard, who belches, farts and mutters obscenity throughout his broadcast is offended by popcorn munching? Curious. :facepalm:

8. Former Glory

Former Glory Member

Reputations:
    I just saw a bunch of text with no paragraph breaks and my eyes just glazed over.

9. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    I dont think anyone that puts coffee up their own ass would find a bit of vomit offensive.

10. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    It's never fun to be puked on.

11. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It would be funny to watch Robin get puked on though. Even better if it was Jeff the Vomit guy.

12. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Jeff would disagree

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Dude is disturbed. :scared:

14. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jesus, this drama queen routine of his is pretty consistent, huh? :rolleyes:

15. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    More on the vomit story which is being reported on everywhere from the New York Post to The Hollywood Reporter. The play features Michael Shannon from Boardwalk Empire, Agent Van Alden.

[Update Below] We didn't think bad theater behavior could get much worse than having a cellphone go off in the middle of a play but clearly we weren't thinking, or drinking, hard enough. Because last night a theatergoer vomited over the balcony and into the orchestra section during a performance of the new Paul Rudd play Grace. Still, the show must go on!
    Theatergoer Lori Schwab, who was in the audience last night, sent us this account of the incident (the producers won't comment on it, but we have independently confirmed it happened):
    Last night I was at the Cort Theater seeing the play Grace. In the middle of the show there was quite the ruckus. After hearing a loud gasp several people got up and left the theater, followed by several more. During all of this the actors carried on as best they could. At the end of the show, the cast came out for curtain calls, and just before making their call for $$ for Actors Equity fights Aids fund, Paul Rudd told us that someone in the balcony had vomited onto those in the orchestra.​
    What we want to know is how Rudd and co-stars Michael Shannon, Kate Arrington and Ed Asner decided who got to make that amazing announcement. Rock, scissors, paper? Regarding the reason for the vom, we hear the ralpher was inebriated (as opposed to not responding well to the show's use of flashing lights). Must have been some pre-show drink. Meanwhile, we never want to hear another word from people complaining about Spider-Man jizzing on webbing audiences in his Broadway show.
    Update: Daily Intel also had a tipster in the audience who reports the vomiting man appeared to have been elderly, not drunk, and may have passed out before throwing up. Apparently he "fell forward so that he was leaning/hanging over the balcony. Then as people were trying to get him back up and into his seat, he threw up all over the people below him in the orchestra and then collapsed on the floor of the balcony." Further, "The stench of the vomit was a little overwhelming, and many people were noticeably uncomfortable, and of course everyone who was vomited on left." Still, their tipster also confirms that:
    The actors kept it together, but Paul Rudd was trying to see what was going on during it all, and Michael Shannon was noticeably agitated by what was happening and started speaking much louder than before while staring at the huge group in the balcony. At the end of the show, they all made jokes about it, Paul Rudd saying how as an actor being able to move people to tears or to laughter is amazing but moving them to puking is a whole different league. Then after the show, at the stage door, the actors said how they almost stopped the show because they didn't know the severity of the situation.​

16. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thought for sure I was gonna click and see THESE seats....

17. Former Glory

Former Glory Member

Reputations:
    I once vomited during a meeting. Fortunately it was only a two-person meeting, and I vomited in her trash can.

I was sick, but trying to push through work...Quite embarrassing though.

18. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    If I was vomited on I would definitely stay to see the rest of play. Theater tickets are way too expensive to leave just because some vomit landed on your shoulder.

19. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I was puked on, And fell in love................True story

20. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Q5UG7ISJfP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0[/video]