Dr. Drew speaks. Mentions Robin at the very end

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Gretsch Man, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=500235976688981" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/video]

2. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When will Howard address this???

3. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    Crap, sorry folks. Give me a few and I'll fix this link.

4. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    :fail:

5. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;SkgsAJmwNoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkgsAJmwNoA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    Yeah, but I fixed it. :D

7. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What an Ego. All he has to do is say he is stopping production on his celebrity rehab gawker show.

8. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    and all Howard has to do is admit the he was exploiting retards and drunks for his whole career. RIP Hank

9. imgod700

imgod700 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Ya giving d list celebrities that have no money top class care and rehab is awful. I bet dr drews success rate is better than a normal rehab doctor.

10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Dr. Drew makes a few good points.

1. Why is he responsible for a patient he "treated" for 18 days 4 years ago, but the various others dealing with this mess of a person aren't called out even though their contact has been more intensive as well as more recent?

2. WTF is a dietician doing on TV passing judgement on an MD?

3. Do the people on his show feel exploited?

On the other hand:

1. Funny coincidence that his "helping people" and "educating the public" just happened to put a few tens of millions of dollars in his pocket.

2. Shoving a TV camera in someone's face while they're supposedly "getting real" and doing therapy has to have a distorting effect.

3. Paying celebrities to be on TV to get "cured" could result in the celebs just using the program for free PR, a paycheck, etc, rather than having any actual intent to stop using. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if several haven't gone on his show merely to present the APPEARANCE of getting clean so that they can get jobs in entertainment they couldn't without such a public "clean up". Their true intention may not have been to every stop permanently, only to get a clean bill of health so they can work again.

4. The man does seem to have a huge ego.

And despite what doctors want you to think, a huge portion of medicine falls into the theoretical realm. By this I mean that they can't prove something works, they can only do studies that may or may not be flawed. And on many topics doctors have conflicting ideas on the right course of action that are diametrically opposed. There are endocrinologists who believe that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue, and that anyone saying there is is a kook. Meanwhile, others write books on it. They blast you with their credentials if you suggest they might be mistaken. Meanwhile, I learned I probably had this disorder but only after a long course of steroids for virus related damage to my hearing my adrenal symptoms went away after 6 years of no improvement by doctors who thought they knew better. That is exactly what the treatment would be for "adrenal fatigue" if the stupid Harvard trained endocrinologists would admit it exists. But they won't. So it took an accident to get better.

Another doctor tried to tell me I was having petit mal seizures during this period. $2,000 of tests later, nope. Idiots. I could have told him that for free.

11. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What an ego saying a person whose gone to medical school knows a little more about human physiology than a dietitian??? ... How DARE he !!!:rolleye:

12. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dr. Drew Pinsky is a practicing physician, board certified in internal and addiction medicine and a member of the staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital. Pinsky is also Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Keck USC School of Medicine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ya he probably doesn't know what hes talking about. [/FONT]:rolleye:

13. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sorry about the death threats Dr. Drew.

14. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If a Cardiologist performs a Heart transplant on a person .. And, that person goes out and immediately resumes a high fat, high sodium, Fast Food diet..while refusing to take his anti-rejection medication... and then that person drops dead of Heart failure ...Whose fault is that ??? ..Is the Cardiologist supposed to follow his patient around 24/7 to make sure they're living the lifestyle they agreed to live once the new heart was in ??? ... People who blame Dr Drew for his patients behavior are the same people who refuse to take responsibility for their own lives when they screw up.... Friggin Pathetic

15. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    I think you're exactly right, for the most part. The complaint I've seen the most is that he's somehow exploiting the celebrity addicts and alcoholics, but they're fucking adults. They can choose to say yes or no.

And BTW, your av is freaking me out.

16. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:

And all Robin has to do is admit that she was a big part of that any has become very wealthy from it.

17. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I agree with Dr. Drew the person and doctor.

I disagree with Dr. Drew the reality star. He is exploiting the people he has on his show. And in doing so, he opens himself up for this type of criticism. Because when you aren't batting an acceptable percentage, you come off as a snake oil salesman.
    There was some celebrity that was asked, "how do you avoid the paparazzi mags?", and he replied, "because I don't want to be in them."

If he doesn't like it, don't do VH1 shows.

18. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    its all about the cash lets not fool ourselves. he could care less about his patients. and robin is a cunt. and howard is a fag. and beth is a paid for prop. howards daughters are crazy. and allison is a saint.

19. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :golfclap:

20. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I think that's a lame argument. The exploited are in no position to make that judgment.

Could you imagine if, near the end of his life, you would have brought that question to Hank? After telling you to go have sex with your mother, he probably would have said "no", gotten into his bunny suit, grabbed his Sprite bottle full of vodka and hopped away to the Stern show.

Are the two mutually exclusive? Couldn't he want, and genuinely want, to do both?

And what's wrong, especially in 'merica, with wanting to do both?

Why would you need to ascend to sainthood and renounce all worldly possessions and desires to get people off smack, meth, or booze?

Yeah, I'm not crazy about his attitude and approach. I think anybody treating someone for addictions needs to be right down in the muck with the patient and get their ego out of the way...........................not saying they have to be a former addict, but just really mentally and emotionally there with the patient..............................instead of this lording over them/condescending attitude that Drew seems to exhibit.

On the other hand, if a guy saves a woman from a burning building only because there are tv cameras rolling, well, she was still saved.

Help for the wrong reasons is still help. And I don't see him enabling people. To me that's the issue. Is he lighting houses on fire just to save people from the flames? I've seen no evidence of that.

And that's why everybody who's busting his balls are full of shit. They either just don't like him (understandable) or are jealous of his success, but they dress it up in some fake moral outrage.