Dredd - Liked It!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Just watched the movie Dredd this weekend. It is the same character that was played by Sly Stallone in that awful Judge Dredd movie from the 90's that also starred a young Sandy Bullock, but it is more faithful to the original comic and that's a good thing. If you like blood, gore and violence this is the movie for you. I really liked it, and thought it was a fun ride, and it reminded me of the movie The Raid (http://theraid-movie.blogspot.com/), that I also liked. It stars Lena Headley from Game of Thrones as the villain, and she was terrific. It's not for the faint of heart because it is quite violent and bloody, with some brains thrown in, but I like that shit and I suspect some of you will too. It's the anti-AGT. That is all.

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are you being paid for this post?

3. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I know, right? I just saw it this weekend and thought that people on this board might like it since most people on here don't have such delicate sensibilities that they can't take some blood and gore. After I saw it I thought I had to share it with the board! But it would be nice to be paid. :hehe:

4. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well in the future if you are paid for it, please try to awkwardly slipstream it into the middle of another post that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Then I will reply "I was just about to say that".

5. gthmbt

gthmbt Active Member

Reputations:
    Great movie that was screwed by undermarketing. Finally erases the bad taste left by Stallone..

6. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I watched it recently and thought it was great as well. Hopefully a sequel is greenlit.

7. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I was thinking about that - is there talk of a sequel?

8. gabagoo

gabagoo New Member

Reputations:
    Amazing flick, great bluray with the best surround sound I've heard in a long time. Anyone here into home audio? This movie coupled with an Earthquake Supernova sub will put a smile on your face

9. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    We need to upgrade our home audio. We have a Bose system with a Harmon Kardon but it's about 10 years old. It would be nice to have wireless. I wonder if the Earthquake Supernova sub would freak my dogs out......

10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Who played Dredd......Sure as shit looked and sounded like Sly in the trailer..............

11. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Not Sly, thank God, but some New Zealander named Karl Urban. He had the scowl down, and I liked that they never showed his entire face.
    [​IMG]

12. gabagoo

gabagoo New Member

Reputations:
    It's definitely worth it. I had some small speakers (Celestion in glass) and upgraded to some KEF floor standers, center, and surrounds. For very little, you can find good deals on Craigslist from audio nuts who are always buying new gear and want to unload what they have

13. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Surprisingly good movie. Very stylized.

Unfortunately, it got buried from the get-go the same way Ray Stevenson's Punisher: War Zone movie did a few years ago.

And Karl Urban is also still very underrated as an action star. Comic book movies, westerns, vikings, spies, Star Trek, ect. He does it all and always does a good job.

14. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I never heard of him until I looked him up in IMDB today. He's actually quite a busy actor. He played a caricature/cartoon character in Dredd so you couldn't easily tell if he had any real acting talent by seeing him in Dredd alone. I like Ray Stevenson a lot. Was Punisher: War Zone good?

15. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    It might not have done that well at the box office but hopefully dvd and bluray sales make this possible. If not a theatrical sequel I think a television series could do this justice if done right.

This was another thing I liked about the film. It was a nice departure from these other comic book movies where the heroes have their mask off every other scene.

16. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great flick and the Urban guy was on Geektime. Liked the movie.

17. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    DVD and Blu-Ray sales were strong and it made back its production budget. Plus it just opened in Japan. It just might save the movie from its lackluster box office performance.

18. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    This isn't the first couple of endorsements that I've heard about Dredd....I'll have to watch it tonight....

19. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    yeap, I think this is one of those movies you go in expecting it be bad and end up surprised at how good it is. I saw a quick commercial for its dvd release (I think) and liked the post-apocalyptic look and movie held up.

I felt vindicated after investing $1.20 at redbox

1. Since when did those sneaky fuckers at redbox raise the price a whole $.20
    2. They make their coin on lazy bastards like me who still hasn't returned the movie 3 days later....that's Two dollars and forty cents of laziness right there.

20. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a good movie.