Drug Testing For Unemployment Benefits

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethsZygote, May 25, 2013.

1. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    At first i thought it was a good idea....

But... Unemployment benefits are only received AFTER youve worked and PAID INTO the unemployment INSURANCE.

So... if you love America, youre for freedom, equality, and fair treatment...

You cant be for denying people Unemployment benefits over drug use UNLESS you're also for allowing drug users to opt of of paying the tax in the first place.

Discuss

:c

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Drug-tests-for-unemployment-benefits-approved-208955991.html

2. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a great point. I never thought of it like that before. Aside from the whole "moral" argument, those drug testing programs are a huge waste of taxpayer money. Look at Florida for example. They lost hundreds of thousands on that drug testing for welfare thing that Rick Scott implemented.

3. Mfactor

Mfactor Active Member

Reputations:
    Where the fuck are we at? The Bar?

4. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a pragmatist, I'm not looking to waste money just to teach certain people a lesson. Do what is most efficient. We need more jobs right now, not dickering over petty bullshit.

5. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    In a truly free society, no one should be drug tested unless drugs are known to be the problem 1rst.

6. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Fine. Then eliminate all welfare. Corporate welfare and individual welfare.

You lose your job? Move in with your parents, or your brother, or a friend. Sell your luxury items. Stop having children. Don't rely on society. Use your savings. Don't live above your means.

If you are using my tax money for your own welfare then I have a say in how you use it. I want every single dollar tracked. You spend a single dollar on waste or luxury items and you lose welfare privileges for life. You spend your time on welfare not looking for a job then you lose welfare privileges.

If people are taking taxpayer money to live off of then they need to be monitored. Don't want to be monitored? Then get a fucking job or stop living above your means. How many people on welfare truly need it? They don't bother finding a roommate. Or relying on family. Moving back in with their parents or siblings. They just leech off of the hardworking members of society. They suck entire paychecks from the middle class and upper class.

What kind of a "free" society forces me to pay for other peoples' children? Why am I paying school taxes when I don't even have kids? Why do parents get tax breaks for children that people without kids have to make up for with higher taxes? What kind of an open society is that. It seems like you get penalized for certain lifestyle choices in our great "free" society.

7. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    legalize all drugs

8. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    Also, if we are going to test people that take one form of government benefits, we need to test all of em. Social Security, Medicare, Veteran Benefits, Disaster Relief, etc... The call to do this is drenched in socio-economic bias and racism.

And Im not sure if the process of testing and enforcing wouldnt end up costing us more than just paying out. I know that was the case with welfare.

9. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    The whole conservative mantra of 'less government' flies out the window when they spend more money to set up a system where they try and find out which welfare recipients test positive for drugs.

10. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    You're a very angry man. I'm a libertarian, but I also realize there have been fucking deadbeats since the dawn of civilization, and I'd just as soon pay for their projects and government cheese as have them outside my house with a shotgun (and there are already enough meth heads pulling that shit, let me tell you). Believe me, you're better off paying these people a piddly $600 a month in welfare/SSI than having them on the street.

11. KillVampires

Reputations:
    Not really. You're better off locking up the violent ones permanently. Commit a violent crime on welfare and you get triple the jail time.

Then you force welfare recipients who have nine children with seven fathers to give up their kids. Lots of families in the U.S. adopt foreign children. Just force people in the U.S. who raise ghetto monsters to give up their kids to wealthy families who are going to adopt and properly raise kids anyways. Then those kids are out of the hands of bad parents and out of the welfare system and they are in the hands of good parents.

Why pay someone who is a "meth head with a shotgun" anything? Why give them $600 a month? So they won't hurt you? Isn't that ransom? Extortion? If they are violent then give them life in jail. If someone stands outside your house with a shotgun then lock them up for life. Don't give them $600 to go away because then they'll want $1600 next time.

12. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    It costs a fucking fortune to drug test every fucking person applying for unemployment. It's pure bullshit.

13. KillVampires

Reputations:
    The other problem is what if someone was doing drugs (legally) and then lost their job? You work a regular job and smoke weed on weekends. Then you lose your job? Now you can't collect unemployment.

Of course here's the hilarious thing.....you legalize all drugs and tax them. And the taxes probably pay for enough welfare that drug testing (or recreational drug use) isn't even an issue.

But we've had record marijuana arrests under Obama. Jimmy Carter just came out AGAINST marijuana legalization. It looks like we are still decades away from a sensible drug policy.

14. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm glad I'm drunk, or I might have read this thread. No offence OP.

15. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    one has nothing to do with the other.

why not test them to make sure they didnt eat within 30 mins of going swimming :rolleye:

16. Mfactor

Mfactor Active Member

Reputations:
    You are right on.....how many people lived above their means buying a house with the help of Fannie Mae and that other shit company

17. Mfactor

Mfactor Active Member

Reputations:
    I do a lot of driving in San Francisco and I fucking hate it when a person walks across the street when I have a green light, I should be able to run them over and if they are on welfare I shouldn't be charged with anything.

18. Dusco

Dusco New Member

Reputations:
    For Unemployment Benefits I do not think it is needed.. But for food stamps section 8 etc then yes I would support drug testing.. I do not know about other states but here in Kentucky if you have a felony drug charge you can not get even food stamps.. But I think that is fed so it may be the same in all states.

19. KillVampires

Reputations:
    The corrupt influence of the government can be thanked for that. It turns out that the banks didn't want to give out loan to people who clearly couldn't afford to purchase large houses. But the government essentially forced banks into those loans by holding other aspects of the banks' business hostage. The government guaranteed that the banks would get a bailout should the worst happen.

This is one of those times where big government instead of regulating the banks instead coerced the banks into making predatory and extremely unsafe loans. They strong-armed the banks into high risk loans. And then the government had to rape the taxpayers for that sweet bailout money. :facepalm:

20. Mfactor

Mfactor Active Member

Reputations:
    Got It