Duck Dynasty, trust me, its funny.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by stripes, Mar 10, 2013.

1. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    its down home, country humor, cant make that shit up. give it a shot, it will lighten your load. A&E channel

2. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    One of my favorite shows.(srs)

3. stripes

Reputations:
    saw them on kimmel last week & started watching, omfg i love those guys.

4. acagirl98

acagirl98 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    gankin mah swag brah. done did this thread already.

love that robertson family :wub:

5. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's good to see something decent on besides the trashy House wives of what the fuck ever.

6. stripes

Reputations:
    these guys are awesome, wish i was a beard growing louisiana rich redneck

7. stripes

Reputations:
    i like how they argue & fight without raising their voice.

8. stripes

Reputations:
    well hook me up with the link so i can learn me sumpin

9. acagirl98

Reputations:
  10. acagirl98

Reputations:
    A&E Network premiered a new TV show called "Duck Dynasty" in March of 2012, filmed in the Monroe area of northeast Louisiana.

The show features the Robertsons, a close-knit, church-going Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while maintaining their family values and lifestyle.

Due to the huge success of the series, a second season was ordered, and Duck Dynasty began Season 2 in October, 2012. The show, produced for A&E Networks by Gurney Productions, ended 2012 as the most watched A&E telecast of all time with 6.5 million viewers.

Season 3, which premiered on Wednesday February 27, 2013 at 10pm/9C, features 13 new episodes. Six episodes were reportedly filmed in the fall before Louisiana duck and deer hunting seasons, and seven more are being filmed early in 2013. At least one episode may feature a road trip or Robertson family vacation.

About the Company: Duck Commander

Share on linkedin Share on facebook Share on twitter More Sharing Services

A homegrown mom-and-pop operation in northeast Louisiana, Duck Commander has grown into a sporting empire by manufacturing high quality duck calls and duck decoys out of salvaged swamp wood. While some might think the Robertsons to be a bit eccentric, they are in fact a loving family that has built a strong, reputable business.

The family has also expanded their focus from only waterfowl to create an allied business in 2006, Buck Commander, dealing with the deer hunting industry.

Map showing filming locations of Duck Dynasty and other TV shows filmed in Louisiana ... see larger map below on this page

The company was organized in the 1970s by Phil Robertson.

Duck Commander Location

The Duck Commander offices, warehouse, and retail outlet - gift shop are located in West Monroe, Louisiana, at 117 Kings Lane, off Thomas Road.

Phone 318.387.0588 for more information or visit www.DuckCommander.com

Duck Dynasty Cast of Characters

The Robertson family has appeared in two seasons of the show, filming at locations throughout Ouachita Parish in the Monroe and West Monroe area.

The men on the show sport their signature "ZZ Top" beards, and are usually seen wearing camouflage outfits when shooting the scenes for the show.

Phil Robertson

Phil Robertson is the patriarch of the family, a living legend in Louisiana in earlier years, and today as well.

As a high-school athlete at North Caddo High School in Vivian, Phil was All-State in football, baseball, and track which afforded him the opportunity to attend Louisiana Tech University on a football scholarship. He fielded offers to play football at LSU, Ole Miss, Baylor and Rice, but chose Louisiana Tech so he could remain close to his home town of Vivian.

He played first-string quarterback ahead of football star Terry Bradshaw at Tech in nearby Ruston in the late 1960s. I remember it well ... I too was a student at Tech at that time!

See photos of Phil below taken during his football career at Louisiana Tech.

Phil Robertson in the 1967 Louisiana Tech yearbook

Phil and Terry were both drafted into the NFL. Phil did not enter the NFL, but stayed in Louisiana, married his high school sweetheart, Miss Kay, and built a house on the Ouachita River, where they raised four sons: Alan, Willie, Jase, and Jep.

Terry Bradshaw, of course, went on to success with the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers, winning four Super Bowls, and is now a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

But Phil earned his own success; his love for the outdoors lead him to create the Duck Commander® Duck Call in 1973, the most trusted duck whistle ever conceived and manufactured.

Phil worked as a schoolteacher for several years after graduating from Tech. He also earned his master’s degree in education via night classes, with a concentration in English.

Not satisfied with the duck calls on the market, Phil began making a call that would reproduce the exact sound of a duck. His home became the "factory" where the calls were assembled, packaged, and shipped. Phil traveled store to store in the early days marketing his new duck call, with most ending in rejections. He persevered at marketing, and his hard work paid off. Today, Duck Commander products, including a successful line of videos, are sold in all 50 states and in several countries.

Phil Robertson has also built a reputation all over the country for his faith and belief in the Lord God Almighty. He speaks to hundreds of different churches and organizations every year, explaining what the Lord has done for him, and can do for them.

Miss Kay

Miss Kay is the revered matriarch of the family. What she says goes. She was 16 when she married Phil and since then she’s been keeping him and the boys from spending too much time in the woods, bringing them back to civilization each night with a home cooked meal.

Miss Kay believes her cooking talents are a gift which she must share, so she often ends up feeding all of the family and most of the neighborhood. Her most famous dishes are banana pudding, fried deer steak, crawfish pie, and sticky frog legs.

Phil and Kay have four sons: Alan (the oldest), Willie, Jase and Jep (the youngest)..

Willie Robertson

Louisiana ducks and waterfowl ...
    what Duck Commander is all about!

Willie Robertson is the CEO of Duck Commander, and known as the resident prankster. He is a graduate of nearby University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) with a Bachelor's Degree in Health & Human Performance with an emphasis on business. Using this degree, Willie has grown the company from a living room operation by the river to an outdoors corporate giant. Willie has been CEO of the company for about 10 years.

He also produces and stars in a number of outdoor TV shows, and a popular series of DVDs.

The Rest of the Robertson Family

Korie, Willie’s wife and business partner, has helped him grow the company into an ever-expanding enterprise, and serves as the Duck Commander office manage. Korie met Willie in the third grade, and got married a year after high school.

Korie and Willie have five children: John Luke, Sadie, Lil' Will, Bella, and a foster daughter named Rebecca. John Luke and Sadie have been featured in several episodes, including two Season 2 shows entitled "Driving Miss Sadie" and "Truck Commander".

Jase Robertson is Willie’s brother and his polar opposite. While Willie enjoys making deals behind the desk, Jase would much rather be out in the swamp hunting ducks. Jase’s job within the company is to fabricate the duck calls that have made Duck Commander famous. When pressed, Jase can churn out a thousand new calls in a flash, but he likes to take his time so that Willie doesn’t expect the same performance every day.

Jase has been married for 21 years to Missy, whom he met in high school. Jase and Missy have three children, one of whom, Cole, has been featured on the show. Phil affectionately calls this grandson "Cole Man".

Share on linkedin Share on facebook Share on twitter More Sharing Services

Si, aka "Uncle Si", is Phil’s brother, best friend, and partner in crime. Si fashions the reeds that are inserted in every patented duck call. It’s a pretty easy job, made needlessly difficult by the fact that Si can never seem to stay on task. The Vietnam vet will often share his war stories with the guys, which usually gets the crew behind schedule, much to Willie’s dismay. He starts many sentences with his now well-known line "Hey!", and his favorite drink is iced tea from an old blue glass.

Jeptha "Jep" Robertson is the youngest of Phil and Kay's four sons, and the video expert in the family. He functions as cameraman and video/DVD editor. He's married to Jessica, and they have four children.

Alan Robertson is the oldest of the four sons, and he returned to the family business in 2012 after working for 22 years as a pastor at the church the family attends in the Monroe area. Alan and his wife, Lisa, may be joining the TV series at some point.

Family Friends and Co-Workers

Also seen on the series are family friends and co-workers, including John Godwin, a worker at Duck Commander since 2002. Justin Martin also works at Duck Commander. And slow-talking Mountain Man, a neighbor, appears in several episodes, working his magic with air conditioners, and running a radio talk show.

Let's Bow Our Heads and Say a Prayer

Together, the family members run a booming business that employs half their neighborhood, but at the end of the day, you can find the whole family around Miss Kay's dinner table.

The McKaig Chevrolet pickup with Duck Commander Logo

The family motto has always been "God, Family and Ducks". And Phil leads the family as they say grace and give thanks at the table, a tradition we like and respect! Every Duck Dynasty episode ends with a prayer.

Duck Commander and McKaig Chevrolet

You've seen those trucks on Duck Dynasty that say "McKaig" on the side, and wonder what the story is. Gladewater, Texas is the home of McKaig Chevrolet Buick, which has worked with the Duck Commander and Deer Commander groups in West Monroe for several years. McKaig designs custom trucks seen on the Duck Commander DVDs, and on the TV series "Duck Dynasty".

Phil Robertson ... the Star Louisiana Tech Football Quarterback

Phil Robertson was a star quarterback at Louisiana Tech in Ruston during the late 1960s. We watched him play for the Tech Bulldogs when we were also attending Tech. Shown below are excerpts from the Louisiana Tech yearbook, the "Lagniappe", showing Phil in his football days.

11. jaw_belize

jaw_belize Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  12. acagirl98

Reputations:
    I did read somewhere that at one point Phil fucked off and wasn't sure about being with Kay because of her Jesus factor, but eventually came out of the swamp and signed up for that life. kinda cool.

It is 2 hrs 40 mins from where Mr. Aca is right now. I'm explore the area when I'm there next week :cheer:

13. acagirl98

Reputations:
    I know jawr, you hated my thread too.

they don't have full face camo with sunglasses though, you still cooler. where should I explore round the area next week?

14. stripes

Reputations:
    thanks for that info acagirl98, pretty interesting, not the bunch of unschooled hillbies as portrayed. interesting about football & terry bradshaw. a family that big & they seem pretty adjusted after all these years...must have done a good job hiding those skeletons that every family has...

15. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    Let's Bow Our Heads and Say a Prayer

Together, the family members run a booming business that employs half their neighborhood, but at the end of the day, you can find the whole family around Miss Kay's dinner table.

I, of course, adore this :coffee:

16. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck them. Something infuriates me with that show.

17. BLOW ME

BLOW ME Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Duck Dynasty is the highest rated, "non-scripted", show on television.

18. stripes

Reputations:
    i dunno, its kind of refreshing to watch their low brow family hijinks where no one is fighting, yelling & acting like spoiled cunts.

19. stripes

Reputations:
    how come we never get pix from all your travels...did you ever do a pics thread from portland?

20. Suzy

Suzy Active Member

Reputations:
    I love this show!:cheer: