Dude gets arrested for being a bad-ass

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by RenchFries, Jul 9, 2015.

1. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    On July 4th, Jacksonville resident Lane Pittman, reached the pinnacle of rock by jamming the National Anthem so hard the cops were forced to arrest him.

Technically, he was arrested for breach of peace, which is a misdemeanor. But nonetheless, Pittman's rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" drew a crowd of nearly 200 people to the corner of First and Margaret streets.

According to WJXT, Pittman claims he was asked to move his guitar and amp from the street and on to the sidewalk, which he did. However, after his performance, he was still arrested by officers from the Neptune Beach Police Department.

You can watch the guitar solo and arrest below.

“I don't think I ever played that song as good in my life as I did on that day. It felt right. It was an emotional roller coaster,” said Pittman.

"Out of respect for the national anthem, they let them finish the National Anthem,” Neptune Beach Police Chief David Sembach told WXJT. “He was told he was going to have to stop playing. He went to the sidewalk and continued playing, and it was only after that that the crowd was getting hostile, so the only way to stop it, since he wasn't going to stop playing, was to take him out of the location.”

Pittman has hired an attorney and claims the officers were rude and arrested him without an explanation or reading him his rights.

2. Shedding Skin

Shedding Skin Damp Banned User

Reputations:
    Hahaha that is fucking awesome

3. banksy

banksy Eat Ritz VIP

Reputations:
    200 people didn't just appear all at once

my guess is this guy was being a complete asshole for a while, then decided to play the Star Spangled Banner to appear somehow heroic.

what an asshole

4. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it was the best day of his life

5. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Red bikini top

6. gridman

gridman Dancing Madly Backwards

Reputations: