Entertainment Dumb Teabagger Elisabeth Hasselbeck says Sandra Bland could have used cigarette to assult the cop

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ving, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Monday, Jul 27, 2015 01:12 PM CST
    Fox News’ Elisabeth Hasselbeck justifies Sandra Bland’s arrest: She could have used cigarette as a weapon
    The "Fox & Friends" host suggested cops should live in perpetual fear of everyday objects and overreact accordingly VIDEO
    Scott Eric Kaufman Follow
    • Topics: Police brutality, Video, fox & friends, elisabeth hasselbeck, Fox News, sandra bland, black lives matter, News, Politics News

[​IMG] Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Credit: Fox News)
      On Monday’s edition of “Fox & Friends,” Elisabeth Hasselbeck speculated that an “irritated” Sandra Bland could have “attacked” Officer Brian Encinia with her cigarette, because the co-host is “sure someone has, in the history of this land, used a cigarette against a police officer.”

Putting aside the fact that “the history of this land” contains a nearly infinite number of otherwise innocent objects that could, in a pinch, be used by someone, somewhere as a weapon. At this very moment, I have access to pens, a lamp, a cup of rapidly cooling green tea, not to mention the very keyboard on which I type these words — any one of which could conceivably be used to attack another human being.

Just because I could toss a cup of lukewarm green tea at any police officer who walks into my office doesn’t mean that, should a police officer actually enter my office, he or she should feel immediately threatened by my Bigelow. There’s no logic to that logic — it’s effectively a license to live in perpetual fear of everyday objects, and Hasselback wants to grant it to law enforcement.

But Hasselbeck continued, albeit oddly, stopping and starting almost as if her brain didn’t want allow her mouth to eject the words it’d ordered her to say. “What if, I mean, there are times, I’m sure, someone has, in the history of this land, used a cigarette against a police officer,” Hasselbeck said. “Maybe chucked it at him — pushed it at him?”

“Absolutely,” former New York Police Department officer John Rafferty replied.

“If [Officer Encinia] indeed felt it could be a potential threat, was that the wise thing to do?” she asked, referring to Encinia’s ordering Bland out of the car, then yanking her out when she didn’t immediately comply with his order.

“I think because you know, you have to know you’re being recorded — you have to say, ‘Listen, I need you to step out to sign this warning,’” Rafferty said.

“I wouldn’t want somebody stepping out with a cigarette,” he added. “I’ve had somebody try to put a cigarette out on me. It happens. I guarantee, you speak to many cops out there. But the way you say it, unfortunately you’re locked into it. Because now, it’s being recorded. Unfortunately, these officers have to remember that.”

Watch the video below via Media Matters.
    • http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/07/27/foxs-elisabeth-hasselbeck-suggests-sandra-bland/204603

Mulletude likes this.
  2. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I want to eat her asshole.

3. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    You do what the cops tell you to do. That's their job. Pure and simple.

4. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Elizabeth is hot and Sarah Bland is dead.

All is right in the world.

5. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whining about something Elizabeth Hasselbeck said makes you look like a giant pussy.

Cunt, goldtopper, EOMS and 11 others like this.
  6. balloon knot

balloon knot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    You forgot to mark this as entertainment.

Stew Nod, MrPACS and Ving like this.
  8. Jim J Jiblets

Jim J Jiblets #Hillary'sTongue

Reputations:
  9. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    You seem to be on an angry rampage today Ving. You ever thought about stopping and smelling the roses? Or do you dwell this hard into them dumb tea baggers that you make yourself out to be a miserable sack.

Shortwave98 and PI Nate like this.
  10. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That picture in the article looks like she's starting to lose it. She wasn't hired for her brains. She better stay out of the sun.

lurk, Tish, Buffalo Balls and 6 others like this.
  11. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll fix that now.

12. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    No way shes any good in bed.

MrPACS, killallposers and joe361 like this.
  13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    :lmao:

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  14. Wainegro

Wainegro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Ving's failed at every political thread he's ever started so now he's resorted to entertainment gossip :jj:

cg256, EOMS, Boomer and 5 others like this.
  16. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I'll go see if I can find it but I remember her saying she needs a few days notice for sex to 'get ready' :eek:

17. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I originally read your post as "I'll go see if I can find out but I remember...":giggle:

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  18. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Gets Burned on Social Media for Sandra Bland Remarks About Cigarettes as Weapons

[​IMG]
    By Reid Nakamura 1 hour ago

• [​IMG]
      View photo

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Gets Burned on Social Media for Sandra Bland Remarks About Cigarettes as Weapons
      “Fox & Friends” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck weighed in on the Sandra Bland controversy on Monday, and social media wasn’t happy with what she had to say.

“I’m sure, someone has, in the history of this land, used a cigarette against a police officer,” Hassleback said, suggesting that the arresting police officer was justified in asking Bland to put out her cigarette in the recently released dashcam video of the arrest.

“Is she trying to justify murder?” wrote Twitter user @quaymorris, referencing the fact that Bland’s death is being handled in the manner of a murder investigation, though initial reports suggest suicide.

Also read: 'Fox and Friends' Blasts President Obama for 'N-Word' Use on Marc Maron Podcast (Video)

Other users agreed that Hasselbeck’s comment blew the threat out of proportion. “Did Fox News think Sandra Bland could absorb the energy of her cigarette and hurl a fireball at the cop?” wrote @owillis.

Bland’s body was found hanging in a Texas jail cell three days after she was arrested on July 10 for allegedly assaulting a police officer during a traffic stop. Dashcam video of the arrest released last week showed Texas state trooper Brian Encinia pulling Bland from her vehicle and threatening to tase her.

Also read: Sherri Shepherd Closes Deal to Rejoin 'The View'

#Elisabethhaselbeck What’s your stake in this? Stop. Go away, you complete idiot. Are you kidding me. Just stop.

– Sarah Logan (@quirkygirlsarah) July 27, 2015

Fox’s Elisabeth Hasselbeck Suggests #SandraBland‘s Lit Cigarette Justified Police Conduct http://t.co/6Wqno07pqD pic.twitter.com/KwFclGcu0V — Alexander Yarde (@thatalexyarde) July 28, 2015

According to @ehasselbeck, this is what #SandraBland was armed with. Elisabeth, sweetie – you need therapy. pic.twitter.com/RJINlyUXjX

– Mo Fei Chen (@DynaMoChen) July 28, 2015

did fox news think sandra bland could absorb the energy of her cigarette and hurl a fireball at the cop? http://t.co/s1c5X3XMXQ — Oliver Willis (@owillis) July 27, 2015

Is she trying to justify murder? | Elisabeth Hasselbeck Suggests Sandra Bland Could’ve Used Her Cigarette As Weapon http://t.co/WmqVmmUaSw

– Quay Morris (@quaymorris) July 28, 2015

So… will @ehasselbeck call the cops if someone has a cigarette in front of her office building? #weapon — Reg Hunt (@RegPHunt) July 28, 2015

I hope @ehasselbeck stretched before making that ridiculous reach about Sandra Bland

– Sweetpea (╯︵╰,) (@dangerous_seoul) July 28, 2015

What an incredibly idiotic statement @ehasselbeck. Do you enjoy making yourself look heartless on national TV? — JessK (@i_amJessK) July 28, 2015

19. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    titties

20. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations: