Entertainment Dunham the "talking cow" at it again

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lena Dunham slams media for ‘rabidly sexist’ portrayal of Hillary Clinton
    BY Peter Sblendorio
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, January 25, 2016, 9:46 AM
    Sitcom creator Lena Dunham is standing up to the “rabidly sexist” media coverage of one of her main "Girls," Hillary Clinton.
    The outspoken comedian is specifically enraged by the repeated use of code words such as "shrill,” “inaccessible” and “frumpy" to describe the Democratic front-runner — and she’s pushing for a ban on the word crimes.
    "I literally want to make a list that we hand to media outlets that says: 'These are the words you can't use when describing a female candidate,'" Dunham told Variety.
    [​IMG] Charles Sykes/Invision/AP
    Lena Dunham wants to create a list of words that the media can’t use when describing female candidates.
    The Millennial messenger claims that Clinton is under scrutiny not typically experienced by male candidates.
    "The way that Hillary Clinton's been talked about in the media is so gendered and rabidly sexist in every single portrayal," she said. "Whether it's the attacks on her personal life or the adjectives that are used to describe her clothing, we have to do a full reexamination."

It is unclear if Dunham is referring to anything new in the current campaign that differs from the three decades that Clinton has been grilled by the media. Clinton’s physical appearance — namely her hair and wardrobe of suits — has long been a topic of discussion.

Dunham has been campaigning for Hillary Clinton since the start of the month.
    That said, coverage of male candidates is often just as empty. Donald Trump's hair and Chris Christie's weight are regularly discussed in the media, and Marco Rubio's heeled boots briefly garnered more attention than his policy proposals earlier this month.
    Rick Perry, meanwhile, was the target of a Trump tirade last summer when the bombastic millionaire claimed the Texas governor only wore glasses to appear smart.
    Hey y'all! I made it to New Hampshire and I'm thrilled to be taking over the HRC Instagram! Warning: I'm pretty focused on my outfits. #Imwithher -Lena
    A photo posted by Hillary Clinton (@hillaryclinton) on Jan 8, 2016 at 11:39am PST
    But Dunham doesn't think they have it nearly as bad as Clinton.
    "If we were allowed to talk about male candidates (the same way), I'd have a f--king field day," she told the magazine.
    Dunham, 29, is often proclaimed as a voice for millennials and women, thanks largely for her portrayal of a typical 20-something girl on her hit HBO series, "Girls." She has been campaigning for Clinton since the beginning of the year.
    And on Jan. 8, she took over the Clinton campaign Instagram account with a picture of herself in a patriotic striped ensemble.
    “Warning,” Dunham posted, “I’m pretty focused on my outfits.”
    The very next post after Clinton’s team regained control of the feed highlighted Clinton’s look in a pantsuit.

Fatass likes this.
  2. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She looks like she probably smells like cheese puffs. :puke:

3. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Fine, use the words masculine, manly and portly. Better now Lena?

4. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    She should be arrested for molesting her little sister. She admitted it in her own book. And for the false rape claims.

5. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  6. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    She looks like an obese Eli Manning

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Good, she's doubling down on failure and destroying her liberal cred. They'll chew her up and spit her out, right as her show is ending.

1Vegasgirl, kingship and hypo666 like this.
  9. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Her Hillary get out the vote dance. :c

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ravenrules and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't she say last week she was 'uncomfortable' about the allegations surrounding wild bill?Mustn't have come to terms with her own abusive past then? I find her such a repulsive person.

What is worse' word crimes' or sexual crimes? I suspect if she is uncomfortable now,she will feel worse when trump gets nominated and dredges it all up, which he will as he is planning to throw the kitchen sink at hilary. Wouldn't surprise me if Donald brings up several of clintons accusers on stage at a rally if he has to if the clintons start playing dirty themselves ,trump will buy them off if needs be . If trump does that,'word crimes' will be the last thing on peoples minds.

11. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's perfectly ok with everybody taking a steaming shit on Sarah Palin. Just don't get any on Queen Hillary.

12. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :munch2:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  13. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lena would be pretty hot if you completed changed her looks, attitude and personality.

14. ILOOKLIKEBETH

ILOOKLIKEBETH ever since than i've been the champ

Reputations:
    [​IMG] in 5 years , theyll be twins , that same thick stern mane.

15. zoben

zoben Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dumb bitch, I'm so sick of hearing her whiny shit

She's blindly following Hillary because she's a WOMYN like her. Not even considering the political angle, based on her millennial outrage syndrome she should support Sanders because he's fought for civil, gay and womens' rights since before Lena was conceived, or baked in a pan like a loaf of yeasty bread, or however her bloated being came into existence. Hillary was a young Republican when she was Lena's age and has been anti-gay marriage for years and only recently changed her tune. Not that there's anything wrong with that if it's what you stand for, she's just a goddamn hypocrite. I'm on the liberal side and I can even respect Trump more than Hillary because at least he's upfront, not two-faced.

16. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Forget sending lists to the media outlets. Lena should do the truly heroic thing and make a citizen's arrest any time she spots a word crime in progress.

17. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i duno who she is, i duno one thing shes for.
    but, i strongly doubt shes a liberal

18. jubal714

jubal714 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Best thread title ever.

19. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:

20. Willy Pfister

Willy Pfister VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

That's because Mrs Palin thinks you can make your own decisions and deserve the money you work for, which is how the stupid view the world, while Mrs Clinton knows what's best for you and your money which is, quite obviously, how the best and brightest view the world.