Shop Now At Amazon

Elderly couple pulled over in Tennessee after buckeye mistaken for marijuana leaf?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by La Flama Blanca, Feb 17, 2013.

1. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    My first question is "Is it illegal to drive with a pot leaf sticker on your vehicle?"

[h=1]Tennessee Police Mistake Common Ohio State University Symbol For Marijuana[/h]

Tennessee police might need better instruction in botany and Buckeye football.
    A 65-year-old woman recently came under suspicion, she reported, for having a Buckeye leaf decal on her car. The cops mistook it for a marijuana symbol.
    “It’s just amazing they would be that dumb,†Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni said.
    She lives in Plano, Texas, but she grew up in Columbus and is known as a lifelong Buckeyes fan.
    She has served as president of the Ohio State Alumni Club in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
    On Feb. 4, Jonas-Boggioni and husband Guido Boggioni, 66, were driving home to Plano after a trip to Columbus to attend the funeral of his mother, Eleanor, 92.
    They were in the westbound lanes of I-40, a few miles east of Memphis, when a black police SUV with flashing lights pulled them over, Jonas-Boggioni said.A second black SUV soon pulled up behind the first one.
    “Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,†she said.
    Two officers approached, one on each side of the car.
    “They were very serious,†she said. “They had the body armor and the guns.â€
    Because the couple’s two schnauzers were barking furiously, one of the officers had Jonas-Boggioni exit the car so he could hear her better.
    “What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?†he asked her.
    She explained that it is actually a Buckeye leaf decal, just like the ones that Ohio State players are given to put on their helmets to mark good plays.
    “He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language,†she said.
    At that point, Boggioni got out of the car to show that he was wearing a commemorative sweatshirt from the 2002 national-championship season, complete with a Buckeye leaf.
    The officer then explained that someone from outside his jurisdiction — apparently another officer — had spotted the leaf sticker and thought it might indicate that the car was carrying marijuana, Jonas-Boggioni said.
    This, of course, makes perfect sense. Because a Buckeye leaf looks exactly like a marijuana leaf (not really), and because marijuana couriers commonly identify themselves by putting stickers on their vehicles.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/te...n-ohio-state-university-symbol-for-marijuana/

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. La Flama Blanca

Reputations:
  4. sstressed

sstressed Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    you can put all kinds of stuff on your bumper. if it annoys a cop, they'll let you know. why be a dummy?

a clean bumper is a safe bumper! :toke:

5. sstressed

Reputations:

somebodies dicking with somebody cuz those are poorly drawn pot leaves. :leaf:

6. La Flama Blanca

Reputations:
    I agree... I don't have sports teams or anything else to draw attention. One thing that's hard to grasp is someone buying a product (like a $1k bow) and then advertising on your back window for free

7. sstressed

Reputations:
    i'm in AZ. in the 60s you'd see lots of trucks with rifles in their racks. mostly at bars. :jj:
    these days, those things would be gone in 20 minutes.

8. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Ye olde Easy Rider Rifle Racks.....

I agree about not putting stuff on your bumper/window that will piss people or po-leese off. At best you can expect to be vandalized. The remarkable thing is the cops admitted why they pulled them over; we all know the low-down, but I'm pretty sure sending armed and body-armored goons after old people with a fucking BUMPER STICKER is well outside of the law (?). I hope they sue, but I doubt they will. Ain't it great living in a Police State, and it's just getting warmed up :yay:

9. bobtraw

bobtraw Leave me alone! VIP

Reputations:
    Her name sounds like something the Iron Sheikh would try to say when he's screaming at someone: "Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni!!!"

10. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    Or a drunken Scottish curse.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  11. bobtraw

bobtraw Leave me alone! VIP

Reputations:
    Guido Boggioni :jj:

12. sstressed

Reputations:
    yeah, it's scary how quickly touchy feely cunts and control freaks are taking away our freedoms. everything they don't like is demonized and legislated. 1984 was a leftist paradise, animal farm, brave new world. we are hurtling towards absolute gubment control of every aspect of our lives. and of course leftist dummies laugh. too wraped up in thier lives to see the chains they are heading towards. too busy demonizing anyone who disagrees. their grandchillen will not know what it's like to speak your mind and not be fined or arrested.

things have changed a lot since i moved to the states. i'm glad i lived when i did.
    the future is grim.
    unless the vulcans show up.

13. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    It's odd, I don't wanna go political in this thread, but I'm more lefty than righty on most issues. I think most of us who aren't extreme to one side or the other agree about what the problems are we're facing, but not the cause and the cure. Pot for example, to my eyes, seems much more of a hard-on for the right wing types than the libs. I promise these hillbilly Nazis where I live are not Democrats. I wish there was a third party, like a Common Sense party or something.....

14. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    From afar it can resemble a weed-leaf .... I mean, who's flying a Buckeye leaf, anyway?? What the Hell is that?

[​IMG]