ELVIS...Emotionaly drained out....one of his last performances.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1st commentary post I came across....

How many of you on here think that Elvis died of a broken heart? He was trapped in his home Graceland, the Colonel was like a puppet master and Elvis was the puppet. Elvis should not have been so loyal and told the colonel to get lost.The colonel got Elvis started yes, but all those movies in the 60's he could have got Elvis out of them. I read an interview with Mac Davis and he said that Elvis was offered a role on Laugh In, can you imagine Elvis on that show as much as a practual joker he wasrst commentary.....

[video=youtube;LWPBBUwHxpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWPBBUwHxpc[/video]

2. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube_share;KssVEVE3W58]http://youtu.be/KssVEVE3W58[/video]

3. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Shit, that's depressing.

4. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Really hard to watch...

5. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Breathtaking. I'd never seen that before.

[video=youtube;ZaD5mAC3P2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaD5mAC3P2s[/video]

6. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I love Elvis and rock and roll history in general. The fact that the Col. tool half of what E.P. made and trapped Elvis into those movie contracts instead of him making serious music might have a claim to your point. The man had the fire after the contracts were over as the album Elvis in Memphis is terrific. He was worked to death however because he spent a shitload of money and had to tour and was fucked up on drugs if you ask me heres all you need to see about E.P. and then debate his talent:

[video=youtube;m9saX9cF248]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9saX9cF248&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

7. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Elvis responds:

[video=youtube;HW5MkHR4FS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW5MkHR4FS0&feature=plcp[/video]

8. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    Are there any good Elvis documentaries?

I couldn't give a fuck bout the Beatles, but then i saw that documentary they made in 1994. And I was hooked.

9. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  10. telecaster

Reputations:
    There's not a really great documentary about Elvis in my opinion. I'd go with the live footage in Vegas with Elvis: That's the Way it is and there's another good one made in the early 70's called Elvis on Tour....there is one doc called This Is Elvis which is worth watching if your an Elvis fan but check out the books Last Train to Memphis and Careless Love by Peter Guarlnick which are the best books I've read about E.P.

11. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep. There's one called, "Elvis, that's the way it is" that's really quite excellent. Here's the Amazon link. It's mostly about his music and touring, but you really get to see just how great of a performer the guy was.

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Thats-Way-Special-Edition/dp/B000053V7Q

I'm a huge fan of Elvis too. I'm also a big fan of James Burton, his guitar player from the 70's.

Hail to the King, baby.

12. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    Ever play a James Burton tele? That's one sweet ass guitar.

[​IMG]

13. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    That video still gives me chills. Show me just one of those fags from "American Idol" or whatever stupid pop reality show out now that can even come close to this.

14. telecaster

Reputations:
    GM: I've marveled at that beauty in Fender catalogues for many years...that thing is a piece of ass and would love to play one....but I'll have to stick to my ash body white blonde tele for awhile...nice post

15. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    One of my favorite rock documentaries is Peter Bogdanovich's Runnin Down a Dream, a 4-hour doc on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I've seen it 3 times.

Has Petty ever been in studio?

[video=youtube;bGnG3Wh11kY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGnG3Wh11kY[/video]

16. kauzpayne2002

kauzpayne2002 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Elvis died from prescription drug overdose which where given to him by Dr.George Nichopoulos his personal doctor and col tom Parker was not a us citizen this is why Elvis never toured over seas. tom Parker was afraid that if he went over seas with Elvis he would be deported out of the USA.

elvis last days he left Graceland for a late bight appointment with Dr. Lester hofman a dentist . after he had some fillings done, then returned to Graceland to play racquetball with friend billy smith. after the workout, Elvis sat at a piano our in the racquetball building played some of his favorite song , including ' blue eyes crying in the rain."

back in the house , he went upstairs to bedroom with his then girlfriend ginger , and took some of the monitored mix of sleeping pills, placebos, and medications dr. nick had prescribed for him. when ginger awoke early in the next afternoon, she had found him on the floor of his private bathroom, already gone

i would also recommend to take a trip to Graceland if you ever get chance and get a tour of his private jets, tour bus, his car museum and his house.
    [h=3][/h]

17. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    You only have 1 Tele?

18. Gretsch Man

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;1EjIp15d1g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EjIp15d1g4[/video]

James Burton rocking on his Pink Paisley. That's also Jerry Scheff on the bass, the guy who played with Doors during their last recordings. Elvis' TCB band was one hot group. I actually got to see them live about 10 years ago during the "Elvis, the Concert" tour. I've seen a lot of live bands, and these guys are in a league of their own.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  19. kauzpayne2002

kauzpayne2002 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    there is also a good book on Elvis called Elvis my best man by George Klein he was friends with elvis from his high school days until the day that he passed away and also as radio show on the Elvis channel every Friday.

20. telecaster

Reputations:
    I'm not Keith Richards or James Burton with a fleet of guitars I have a few but my telecaster is my favorite guitar that I first bought when I was a kid and I love the tone....what do you have in your arsenal.