Entertainment Weekly reviews America's Got Talent.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TaTa Toothy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Ken Tucker gives the show gets a C+

It was in the latest issue, but I couldn't find it on their website, so I'll just give you the highlights. He wasn't to rough on Howard, but crticizes his co-judges. How much do you think Sharon & Howie hate Stern now? Not only has he totally overshadowed them, but it seems like they are getting more of the blame for this train wreck of a show than overpaid Howard. Here's a direct quote:

"...the show has become an ever bigger, louder, brighter, more gaseous affair. It's garish staging and plodding pace make Idol look like a sleek little suspense thriller. Stern has -- except for his arguments with Mandel, which already look staged for ratings bumps -- emerged as the voice of articulate reason, offering specific notes to acts for their self-improvement. The show itself, however, remains proudly antiquated. The ghost of Ted Mack hovers over AGT, seeing it's reflection in Howie Mandel's gleaming pate."

The critic takes a few more jabs at Howie's chrome dome, but seems to ignore the 500 lb elephant in the room (that giant wad of pubic hair on Howard's head).

He also mentions that Osbourne has "shifted her image from sarcastic harpy to nice-nice maternal figure" and has now become "dull and neutered". Ouch!

2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    He will play the Anti - Heeb card if this is brought up on the radio by a planted caller . . .

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Judge Wiggy.........offering specific notes to acts for their self-improvement........

to people with no talent that I wouldn't watch if they were performing in my backyard.

4. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I tried to watch AGT a few times and couldn't make it through a full episode. Of course I was curious about Howard and everything but the acts are terrible and the whole idea is so tired that these types of show really need a serious overhaul or just cease to exist.

5. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  6. Isobel

Isobel New Member

Reputations:
    The other two judges have been there for years with good ratings and decent reviews. Now EW thinks Howie is okey dokey but the co-judges are the problem?
    Does Howard have dirt on all these so-called writers and critics?

7. mrd160

mrd160 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;-ruDdcd8G-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ruDdcd8G-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

8. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
  9. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I found it by googling your quote.

10. MiniPoodle

MiniPoodle New Member

Reputations:
    Really regardless of any one's opinion of Howie, Sharon, or howard, the show sucks. needs better talent and better producers. the only screw up howie made was agreeing to this cheese-fest..

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Did they mention the fact that the Judges' comments and votes bear almost no relation to reality and are staged to create a "storyline" to maximize ratings? The horrible rap/rock act with guitarists who have to look at their hands to play they're so inexperienced is fantastic but the funny fat black guy singing "love boat" is untalented? Or the human cannonball is praised as being "original", despite this exact thing being done 125 years ago?

12. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    When this season "crashes and burns," Howierd will be in the pilot's seat.

14. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    I hope they cancel this fucking shit show, or at least fire Howchie. I'm tired of hearing about it..