Erc Stonestreet - Late to the party

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Hadenough, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    Listening to some old interviews as I cancelled my sirius. Here is the highest rated best comedy on TV Modern Family and he knows nothing about the show or the character. Who writes his notes adding to the fact there were some great opportunities to ask questions. Two that drove me crazy:

1. Eric Stonestreet didn't get into clown college - That is a running joke on the show and this would have been a great follow-up into how much is ad-libbed or riffed from the characters real life experience.
    2. Malin Akerman - No idea who she is (hell comic book geek ever heard or seen Watchmen?????), how attractive she is and what a catch. He claimed she wasn't big enough for Eric.

Sometimes I wonder what is going on.

2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You were late to writing class, it appears.

3. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    Bumping..... I know this site is mainly to deride Howard, the staff & Beff, but every once in a while some debate or commentary wouldn't hurt.

So as said I listened to the interview with Eric Stonestreet and to Jeff Garlin and what I found is that there are nuggets in the interviews and they work because they are not quick 15 minutes max, but actually delve in to any details and tangents. The fact Howard knows nothing about Eric and wasn't given appropriate notes during the interview took away from what could have been a great interview.

Of course Howard got excited about money (per episode and contracts) and tinder, but the opportunities missed was what bothered me.

The Jeff Garlin interview was much better, but again shows Howard knows nothing about his shows.

4. jeffy3

jeffy3 Member

Reputations:
    He is so in love with his iPod mini but he cannot spend any time watching these shows before the interviews?

5. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    He dislikes comedy, because he is the best comedian. Takes away from Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor. The fact he never has seen Modern Family (as he has no idea about family life) and has such resentment toward Seinfeld & David is quite sad.

6. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    "Why would I watch Modern Family, Robin? I had a family and didn't like it one bit."

7. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I thought the Seth Myers interview yesterday was great

8. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    Not questioning his interviews, most are very good with stars. The issue is missed opportunities. The clown issue with Eric Stonestreet was a huge opportunity to talk about actors and their input and whether written for him. For Curb your Enthusiasm, it is mostly adlb and could have touched on how that works.

As for questioning Malim Ackerman Howard again shows his ignorance. BTW he has often mentioned not finding Sofia Vergara hot (she probably needs to lose 20 lbs according to Howard).

9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Well, color me shocked!

10. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    really I thought he approach it too much like I'm the pope of interviews and talk shows kiss my ring and let me give you advice like I advised Fallon and Kimmel because I'm really like Lorne Micheals

He did make Myers likeable which was good becausr he comes off as a punk but he did not make him interesting nor did he really converse with him. There was no edge to the interview, ask him if he could see himself having an intern harem like Letterman, or about the Simpsons, or interviewing vapid spokeswomen

11. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget he also had Myers just rehash old SNL stories that Tina Fey already told Howard on the air.

12. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That interview was boring as hell-I totally zoned out during it.

13. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I just think he spent the whole interviee volunteering advice that Myers neither asked for or thanked him for. When he wasn't trying to draw a comparison to himself and Lorne Michaels.