Estate in Woodside, a Silicon Valley haven, sells for $117.5 million

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It better have a fucking bowling alley!!

[​IMG]

An estate has sold in the wealthy northern California community of Woodside for $117.5 million, making it one of the highest-priced residential sales ever in the U.S.Woodside is known for its striking equestrian neighborhoods and billionaire Silicon Valley homeowners, among themOracle Corp. chief Larry Ellison. It also is the site of Filoli, a landmark country estate designed by Willis Polk, with 16 acres of gardens and another 654 acres of grounds used in the filming of "Heaven Can Wait."The seller was Tully Friedman, chief executive of Friedman, Fleischer and Lowe, a San Francisco-based private equity firm. The property was purchased in the name of SV Projects LLC.The neoclassical-style house, built in 2005 and designed by architect Allan Greenberg, has 360-degree mountain views from its hilltop perch of nearly 9 acres. A swimming pool with a pool house, a tennis court and formal gardens surround the main house, which is featured in the book "Extraordinary Homes California: An Exclusive Showcase of the Finest Architects, Designers and Builders in California." Features include an ellipse-shaped garden room with a domed roof and several sets of double French doors.Public records show the building size is 8,930 square feet and calculate the sale price at $13,158 per square foot.The sale tops that of a mansion purchased by Russian investor Yuri Milner in 2011 for $100 million in nearby Los Altos Hills.

2. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "The property was purchased in the name of SV Projects LLC"

My new resume
    Objective: Get a job with SV Whatever it's called- I'll start in the mailroom, wash toilets- anything- I want IN.
    Even if they are involved in international money laundering, that's fine with me- sounds intriguing, in fact.

3. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That place is a shit hole compared to Bill Gates 66,000 sq. ft. mansion assessed at $148 million.

[​IMG]

[video=youtube_share;9738CIiY41k]http://youtu.be/9738CIiY41k[/video]

4. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bill Gates's house doesn't have enough chimneys.

5. Slappy

Slappy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have a friend who owned an absolute shit hole there that he bought for 2 million. Fucking insane.

6. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's the nigga that sold it.

Tully M. Friedman

[​IMG]

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Is a place so big it has to have a small army of strangers there all the time really "home"?

When Bill Gates farts the staff are in the other room sniggering about it.