ETM Pepsi bit another bit written by Benjy to swipe at Hamptons' Howie?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by robbykrieger, Jan 30, 2012.

1. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    Just heard the ETM bit about suing "In Plain Sight" over four Pepsi-Colas. The bit was SO ludicrous and lame that no one, for one second, in their right mind, could possibly believe that it may be anywhere within 500 miles of the truth.

Except, that is, for someone who is so out-of-touch with reality that he doesn't know if four Pepsi-Colas are worth $5, or $50, or $500, or if such amounts of money are so valuable to common folk, that they would sue over such amounts.

The bit was stupid enough to be written by Benjy; and transparent enough to be a swipe at Hamptons' Howie for suing every company he works for, and intentionally turning his show into shit, despite the fact that he's been paid hundreds of millions of dollars already.

What do you want Howie; 4 Pepsis?

2. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If it were anyone other than ETM I might believe it was a bit. I honestly believe ETM would do some stupid shit like that.

3. Fourinchespyle

Fourinchespyle New Member

Reputations:
    Yo u owe m e four pepsi s. stop this shi t now!

4. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    concur

5. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This Benji dig at Howard bit crossed my mind too... but I dunno man.

6. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ETM isn't smart enough to come up with a suit over it. Then they get Johnny on with him and the whole thing was just so contrived. It's one thing to have a planned bit and be funny. There was nothing funny at all about this planned bit. If four bottles of Pepsi is the best he and his crack staff can come up with, Howard should just retire right now.

7. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    i gotta think lobster boy was the lone gunman on this one, well with johnny's prodding......

8. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was too crazy not to be eric but if it was cooked up by someone, my guess is fratto. He'd have eric say anything just so he can get a few more seconds of airtime to plug his stupid shit.

9. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    I heard plain as day Howard ask ETM .."Is this a bit?" and ETM
    answered right away NOOO ....that's enough 4 me ....musta been
    real ....tho i wonder how he typed that letter? :lol:

10. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    I wasn't on board with the whole "Benjy is fucking with Howard" deal at first, but today I realized that that bit was SO fucking ridiculous that the only person who probably thought it was Radio Gold was the out-of-touch multi-hundred-millionaire behind the mic. Nobody, even ETM, is so obtuse that they're going to threaten to sue somebody over four Pepsis.

Yes, ETM would've asked for them on-set if he wanted them that badly. Yes, ETM realizes that threatening to sue somebody over $5 worth of soda is going to prohibit him from getting more work. The only person who doesn't realize that suing someone who gives you enough exposure to fuel your tremendous ego, and more money than anyone else in the world would give you for same is Howard fucking Stern.

Not only must the people immediately around Stern realize how goddamned ridiculous his ego and greed have become, they have to have personal knowledge and countless stories about the shit he does on a daily basis that would curl your fucking hair.

Semi-retarded midgets don't threaten to sue corporations over a drop in the bucket. Howard Stern regularly does.

11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Or perhaps this just builds upon ETM's image. Why is he getting these spots? It's a publicity stunt for the shows. Perhaps they don't realize how small Howard's audience is these days. The only reason ETM draws any interest at all is because he is the unlikely antagonist on the show. He has to do stupid shit like suing over $5 worth of Pepsi to keep his reputation of being a cranky, pain in the ass. Imagine if ETM were a regular, easy-going dude who happened to be wheelchair bound. Would there be any reason to pick up his calls? He has to do stuff that can be made fun of.

12. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    I'm assuming that Fratto has SOME sort of business sense. I can't see him creating this unbelievably stupid bit, because it's SO unbelievable.

I honestly think that people are just making fun of Stern right under his surgically-altered nose.

13. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    Here's a different way to look at the same question: if the bit came from Fratto and the midget, why wouldn't Howard, or somebody on Howard's staff say "Midget; no one is going to buy this faggotry!"?

Somebody at THSS necessarily signed-off on this. None of them are as out-of touch as Howard. Thus, people around Howard are in on its ridiculousness, and convinced Howard that we all would buy it.

14. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    ========

Many do buy those silly fake phony phone calls :dontknow:

15. LisaGsDentures

LisaGsDentures Active Member

Reputations:
    Got to fill time somehow

16. droops42

droops42 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Such bullshit all the time now.

17. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    Johnny was WASTED on that call......even Midge pointed out that fact.......sad that Midge feels screwed over for $4.00 worth of battery acid............

18. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    Other shows will totally stay away from the constant complainer Midge..........

19. darthnilus

darthnilus New Member

Reputations:
    too much conspiracy theory for me...

20. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    For the Love of Shiva, please tell me that THSS sucks only because of Stern himself (clearly, a lost cause), but not also because EVERYONE in his studio does too.

I'm nearly certain that not everyone can simultaneously suck.