Even ETM didn't wanna be at the b-day bash.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SternsEgo, Sep 27, 2015.

1. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sometime this week on the WUS, they were talking about eric and at one point gary asked eric about coming out to new york for the birthday bash, apparently it was a long private phone call. ETM never returned baba booeys phone call about that, gary sounded really surprised even a year later.

Notfunorfunny and dancearmstrong like this.
  2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Eric never wanted to do anything if he wasn't royalty. Always a problem with him. He always wanted big time hook ups to be somewhere.

Notfunorfunny and DarkFriday like this.
  3. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    plus Howard would not guarantee that ETM would be protected from the werewolves.

4. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    :snicker:

Notfunorfunny likes this.
  5. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Travelling for Eric was not an easy thing. Maybe even more so in his final years.

Mama looka likes this.
  6. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My biggest takeaway from the ETM replays this week is that he was a tremendous asshole and not a good person. Wish everyone would stop waxing poetic about him.

7. sugarbear

sugarbear Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was definitely a rude obnoxious and annoying midget asshole.....which is what made him great.

In 2013 I had youtube playlist of his calls from 2007 till 2012 playing in the background while I was renovating the house. Made the time go by fast and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

8. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Eric pretending to be Derek from Texas made me nearly piss myself

9. dancearmstrong

dancearmstrong Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have every one of his calls on a playlist on my iPod and it definitely helps pass the time at work!

I can get a bit burned out of him but every few months I'll just listen to every call in order.

Tranquil likes this.
  10. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Even though people like to shit on Johnny Fratto and his influence over Eric and his segments, I never really had a problem with Fratto. Before him, ETM's phone calls were pretty boring with Eric just talking about his favorite American Idol girls or wrestling or something stupid. Howard and the gang were captivated by him just because he was a midget with tremendous disabilities, I suppose. But, when Eric hooked up with Fratto he became a lot more adversarial and interesting. True, much of what Eric and Johnny came up with was probably fake, it still made his calls better. Hell, the whole fucking show is fake these days, who cares if they made up the "Eric stealing Johnny's credit card to go to the Bunny Ranch bit" it was funny at the time. :dontknow:

dancearmstrong likes this.
  11. dancearmstrong

dancearmstrong Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I liked when you could tell they were tryng to do a bit and Eric wouldn't play along.

One time Fratto was trying to pass a story that the UPS lady caught Eric humping his bed and Eric was all "I told you I'm not going to do this bit" and Fratto was just like "oh, yeah okay." It was so obvious it was a setup.

Another time was when Fratto complained about Eric calling him in the middle of the night, waking up the baby. The baby crying sounds effects were so obviously a recording. Did they really think we were that dumb?

12. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Artie vs. ETM was good this week.
    "You should know, you're as big as a car," etc. Eric's third grade comebacks were equally amateurish and biting.

13. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Eric also inadvertently "outed" himself. The caller Vince accused Eric of being a thief because he stole Johnny's credit card to go to the Bunny Ranch. Eric replied..."Idiot! That was a bit!" LOL, I'm sure Eric forgot that he was supposed to take that stuff to the grave with him. His short temper combined with his 90 IQ always had a way of rearing it's ugly head at the most inopportune times for Eric! Just a little of what made him quite possibly the best Wack Packer of all times.

Icey and dancearmstrong like this.
  14. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Eric was really annoying/ungrateful a-hole, it was entertaining, yet annoying. I do miss the little dude sometimes. The 0.0 is classic. A whole week of sternthology was a bit much.

15. fland

fland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Eric was a legitimate psychopath. I have no doubt that had he not been horribly crippled he would have been by far the most dangerous member of the wack pack:

16. dgray610

dgray610 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bit or not, I still crack up eveytime I hear the "Eric asking Fratto to put out a hit" phone call. You know what to do.