Entertainment Ever been jealous of a baby? - Nicole Trunfio milking Elle cover

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Slow, May 22, 2015.

1. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Nicole Trunfio's Elle magazine cover reignites 'normalize breastfeeding' debate

[​IMG]

A magazine cover showing model Nicole Trunfio breastfeeding her four-month-old son has reignited the debate on women nursing in public -- but not for the reason you think.

The Australian beauty shows a hint of cleavage as she breastfeeds baby Zion on the subscriber-only cover of Elle Australia. However, the June issue of the magazine on newsstands shows Trunfio completely covered up, smiling as she holds her sleeping son.

Some critics have blasted the choice to "censor" the motherhood moment, prompting the hashtag #normalizebreastfeeding to trend on several social media sites.

Editor-in-chief of ELLE Australia Justine Cullen told the Daily Mail that it was intended as a "beautiful bonus" for loyal readers.

"Outside of normalizing breastfeeding, it's about not judging women. Whether it's for breastfeeding in public, or for not breastfeeding, or not being able to breastfeed," Cullen said.

Past magazine covers have stirred up similar controversies, such as Angelina Jolie nursing one of her twins for W magazine in 2008 or Time's 2012 story about a mom who breastfeeding her nearly 4-year-old son. Glamour last year, however, chose to put a shot of Olivia Wilde's baby Otis suckling inside the magazine.

"It's a pitiful truth that women are still regularly shamed or made to feel awkward for performing the fundamental act of feeding their babies wherever and whenever they need to," Cullen wrote in the publication. "Exposure to breastfeeding in the media is one of the things we can do to counter this, so I love this cover on many levels."

Interestingly enough, Trunfio's alternate cover wasn't planned. Cullen said the photo happened "by accident" when Zion, Trunfio's first child with Grammy winner Gary Clark Jr., needed a feed during the shoot.

"When we saw how beautiful they looked we simply moved her onto the set," she wrote. "It was a completely natural moment that resulted in a powerful picture."

The 29-year-old supermodel, who's posed for Victoria's Secret, D&G and Chanel, defended the choice to pose while nursing.

"There is nothing more powerful and beautiful than motherhood. The last thing I want to do is be controversial, so please take this for what it is, let us #normalizebreastfeeding," she added on Facebook Thursday. "There is nothing worse than a mother that is judged for feeding her hungry child in public... this stands for all women out there, whether you breastfeed or not, we gave birth, we are women, we are mothers."

Some critics still objected to Elle for showing breastfeeding at all, let alone the cover.

"It's so interesting to me that we could have run a swimsuit cover that showed a lot more breast and no-one would have raised an eyebrow," Cullen told BuzzFeed, "but show a breast performing its natural function and the world goes mental."

According to the New York Daily News, 40 percent of mothers worldwide breastfeed their children but some still get "shamed" for doing it in public. Three U.S. states don't even allow it.

Trunfio joins a growing list of celebrities trying to change that stigma. Alyssa Milano, Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen and Pink have all posted pictures of themselves nursing in an effort to #normalizebreastfeeding.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    April 7, 2015

This Victoria’s Secret model who used to be married to an A list mostly movie actor recently set the record for the highest price paid for a weekend in Dubai. She snagged almost $500K for 48 hours.

Miranda Kerr

3. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :golfclap:

4. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aurora Snow's "Quack Quack Quack" and Taylor Rain's "Ohhhh Yeah" just popped into my head.

5. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She appears to have a very healthy set of milk wagons.

I wish i could touch them with my mouth.

[​IMG]

:jackoff:

6. John Coktoaston

John Coktoaston Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth O is jealous of babies, mainly because they draw the attention away from her :kitty:

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  7. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Oh my! What service was she providing for that sack of dirham?

smichal and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  8. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wowie, wow wow!

RONNIE THE CLAW and GaryPuppet like this.
  9. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Now THAT'S a model!

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  10. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I breast fed both of my children and never felt the desire to launch or support a campaign to normalize it. I just did it and never bothered anyone with it.

11. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    Why is the baby naked? So it can piss on the dress and shit in her hand?

Shortwave98 and stanggirl like this.
  12. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    I'm offended by your lack of offending people so they could be offended by it! Ffffffffuck!

stanggirl and Jayla like this.
  13. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah....a Facebook friend posted about it being okay not to cover your breast in public when breastfeeding. She compared it to women who wear low cut shirts with push up bras...that's okay.

She also threw out a few... Fuck anyone who doesn't like it...phrases.

I wanted to comment, but didn't. I think it's common courtesy to put a towel or blanket over your breast when feeding. .
    But maybe I'm a prude??

babybear likes this.
  14. Jayla

Reputations:
    Yeah.

15. Jayla

Reputations:
    A blanket at a minimum. When you can, do it in private. Sometimes the baby has to eat an inopportune times though and going off in private is either impossible or a serious pain. Some ppl get upset even when the woman is making an appropriate effort to cover herself. I never left the house til my youngest was 2, so this was never a problem for me.:yes:

Caffeinated likes this.
  16. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Same here. I was too fucking tired to campaign for breastfeeding. Whipped 'em out, fed kid, done. Repeat.

babybear likes this.
  17. Caffeinated

Reputations:
    I had this baby cover thing that went around my neck. Worked like a charm, though there were moments I was out of my mind sleep deprived and simply went to town.

18. Jayla

Reputations:
    Yeah. A lot of men are like "hot!" at the thought of a woman breastfeeding. Not hot, unless you like your wife exhausted, with sore boobies. I'm glad I did it though. :)

Bristol Chicken and Caffeinated like this.
  19. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm jealous of babies, yes. The ones with good lives, that is. Not the ones being killed by internal injuries from molesters.

20. Caffeinated

Reputations:
    Nothing hot about it, ain't that right :). But I loved breastfeeding my kids, it worked for me. Those years of sleep deprivation did a number on me, though.