Ever had your car stolen?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by agmod, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    I did, two weeks ago ON VACATION in Vancouver. My family (wife + 4 kids 9 y.o. and under) were in the Zoo, and when we came out, my Expedition was gonzo! Talk about cruel - stealing a car with out-of-province plates and 4 child seats in it. I got it back a few days later only mildly damaged around the door handle. Only my cellphone and the owner's manuals were gone inside (and the keys as well). I had hidden the keys in the console as the car has a touchpad to unlock the doors. My wife will never let me hear the end of that, let me tell you:nono:. Anyway - I don't think i've ever known anyone who had their car stolen before. What say you?

2. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Gold

Reputations:
    Canadians steal cars?
    Did they leave a polite note?

3. deth

deth New Member

Reputations:
    some crackhead sliced the top of my convertible a few months ago and stole my $40 Sirius unit. wait til he plugs that shit in. i hope he turns it on right when joan rivers is walking onto the HSS...

4. jackie the jerk

jackie the jerk Not Mexican VIP

Reputations:
    My co worker had a habit of leaving his keys in his truck with the doors unlocked, one day it got stolen..........I didnt give a fuck.

5. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    I was under the illusion that the door locks offered a degree of security. My guy had obviously broken into a Ford truck before.

6. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    That's worse than community service in the crook world.

7. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A long time ago , Me and the wife were sitting on the floor in our panties playing Dr Mario on Nintendo , We heard a ping ping ping and she said what was that noise , I said that's the dog downstairs wagging her tail against a pipe , I went to the steps to the basement and yelled Lay Down (dogs name) Amber !!! . The next morning i woke up and the our Firebird was gone. I felt like a douche bag .... for playing Dr Mario .

The police found it and called me a few weeks later and the trunk was forced open and the car seat was gone from the back seat , Plus i had to pay storage and tow for the time the car was towed to the place to the time when the police contacted me , like a week and a half $150 bucks.

8. jackie the jerk

Reputations:
    Was it a Ranger? Those are to easy to break into.

9. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    No, an '08 Expedition. If you look at full-size Ford trucks the handles are in a module that snaps into the door's sheetmetal, and then secured with a couple screws before the inner door panel is attached. He just pried the handle module out. I guess there's some body work that needs to be done (the metal was 'stretched'), altough the paint didn't look scratched to me

10. jackie the jerk

Reputations:
    With the Rangers we have if you lift up the outside door handle and hold it up there is a hole there that anyone can just stick a screwdriver or something in and just pop the lock up, you can also use the trucks own antenna, just unscrew it and use it to pop the lock up.

11. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Bummer. Did the cops dust it for prints? They called me at 2:00 a.m. 2 days later saying they found it parked at the side of the road (about 2 blocks from the zoo) and asked me to come and get it! They didn't dust it or anything or even ask me what ended up being missing. I guess it's like the Roadrunner and Coyote, they don't actually want to catch these guys.

12. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Oh, I see. My brother used to drive Rangers, and I remember the style of pull-up handle. I had a few Mustangs that had the same set-up.

13. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Never had one stolen. Someone steals this one? I'll kill 'em. Not that it's anything real fancy, but it's the most dependable vehicle I've owned in the 39 yrs since I've had a driver's license.
    Silverado. Bought in Feb. 05, and it has 115k on it, and all I've done is change the oil and tires, and do the brakes, and replace 2 batteries. I'll drive this fucker till it drops.
    Even has a sticker on the back glass that Spuemaster sent me! (speaking of which, I need to invite him!)
    :c
    [​IMG]

14. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No they didn't dust it , They couldnt give a shit was their attitude , It was when i lived in Detroit 20 plus years ago , Which i understand they have bigger fish to fry.

At least they contacted you when they found it and didn't throw it in a stack of files to follow up on.

But I'm glad they found your car man , At least you have it back.

15. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Thanks, man. I love that car - it's the best I've ever owned.

16. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Chevy makes good trucks. The big Dodge Rams are big sellers up here, but the owners drive like TOTAL fuckwads.

17. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sure have. Right in front of my house. My questionable next door neighbor had a friend who I later found out needed to get back home. So he stole my car. I knew then and there it was time to get out of the neighborhood.

18. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Aye carumba!!

19. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Tons of Dodges up here. Good strong trucks, but their interiors are shit. My boss always drives a Dodge. And every fucking one he gets? The cupholder and the ashtrays are always broken. Always.
    And that's like 4 trucks I've seen it in.

20. agmod

agmod New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, in the last 15 years or so Chrysler interiors have gone all to hell. When I was a kid they had the nicest interiors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.