Evil Dead TV Show Announced! Will Ash Return?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Nov 11, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Evil Dead TV Show Announced! Will Ash Return?
    by Mark Newton ⋅ Posted on November 11th, 2014 at 8:54am
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mark Newton
    Writer, cynic, Walter Mitty day-dreamer. Email: mark@moviepilot.com
    1,845Followers
    The Evil Dead series might be a classic piece of 1980s horror-comedy, but it looks set to return in the 21st century.

And no, I'm not talking about the thematically different - if still satisfying - big screen reboot; I'm talking about a new television series created by Sam Raimi and starring - wait for it - Bruce Campbell as Ash!

The series, which has been picked up for a 10-episode run by Starz, was originally hinted at last summer, but now original Evil Dead director, Raimi, has confirmed it as a reality. Titled Ash vs. Evil Dead, the series sees Campbell reunite with Raimi and Evil Dead producer Rob Tapert in his most famous Deadite-splattering role. Groovy.

Here's the official description from Starz:

Bruce Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons –personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its “Evil” grip.
    Raimi will direct the first episode of the series, which he also co-wrote with his brother Ivan Raimi (Darkman) and Tom Spezialy (Chuck). Following the news, Raimi released an enthusiastic statement:

Evil Dead has always been a blast. Bruce, Rob, and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ash’s lame, but heroic saga. With his chainsaw arm and his ‘boomstick,’ Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time there’s a truckload of it.
    Ash himself, Bruce Campbell, also reassured fans by suggesting it would follow the tone of the original movies:

I’m really excited to bring this series to the Evil Dead fans worldwide – it’s going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor.
    There's still no exact date for when we can expect the carnage to hit our screens, but Starz announced it will premiere some time in 2015.​

Lemmy and Wigward like this.
  2. Funkadelic73

Funkadelic73 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    They're going to fuck this up, and Bruce is going to fuck up his fragile legacy.

Lemmy likes this.
  3. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I am concerned but I will try to remain optimistic.

4. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am one part excited, and one part foreboding.