Ex-NYPD undercover cop gets 2 years in bikers' attack on SUV driver

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by EndOfLine, Aug 6, 2015.

1. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Remember this?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/new-york-bikers-attack-officer-sentenced/index.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New York (CNN) The ex-undercover officer arrested after a 2013 melee among bikers and the driver of an SUV in New York has been sentenced to two years in city jail, according to the New York County District Attorney's Office.

Wojciech Braszczok was acquitted in June on the charge of gang assault in the first degree, but found guilty on lesser charges of second-degree assault, first-degree riot, second-degree criminal mischief and two counts of first-degree coercion, all felonies.

"Acts of violence can rapidly escalate, and in this case, within a matter of minutes this group of bikers began a ferocious and unrelenting assault on the victim, alarmingly close to his wife and young daughter. The convictions of 11 defendants demonstrate that gang violence of any kind is a threat to public safety that will not be tolerated," District Attorney Cyrus Vance said in a statement after the convictions.

Alexian Lien and his wife, Rosalyn Ng, testified in New York Supreme Court about the videotaped attack that started in southern New York City and ended with injuries to multiple people in northern Manhattan.

Lien described the feeling when he realized a motorcycle rally had escalated to a mob: "Complete fear of my life, my wife's and my daughter's."

Added Ng, "I thought we were going to die."

The incident began when bikers began blocking traffic and running red lights, endangering pedestrians, Lien testified. Once traffic began to move, the bikers slapped cars as they navigated between them, he said.

Growing annoyed by the slow-moving traffic as she and her husband tried to celebrate their anniversary in New Jersey, Ng threw a half-eaten plum out the window, Lien said.

That's when one of the cyclists punched the driver-side mirror of Lien's SUV, he said. When Ng tried to take a picture of the cyclist's license plate, the bikers grew angrier, he said.

"He was waving for other motorcyclist to come towards us," Lien said in court. "You can tell that he was screaming profanities at us, and he was also making gestures, slitting a throat gesture."

[​IMG]

The SUV and bikers continued north on the highway and the SUV tapped one of the motorcycles from behind.

"A motorcyclist pulls up in front of me, and he starts speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, slowing down," Lien said in court. "At a point where he slowed down too fast and I wasn't able to brake fast enough, so I tapped him. ... He didn't wobble, he didn't fall off his bike, continued."

Bikers dismounted their bikes and surrounded the SUV, using their helmets to attempt to smash in the car windows.

Biker gangs: A history of violence

After cyclists were able to briefly open the passenger door, Ng told her husband to pull away: "We're not going to survive this if we're sitting here. So I told him just go."

The SUV ran over one of the bikers, seriously injuring him. Bikers followed the SUV as it pulled off the highway. As it was stopped at a red light, they swarmed the vehicle and pulled Lien from the front seat, punching him repeatedly before throwing him on the ground and kicking him.

[​IMG]

Men also tried to pull his wife from the passenger seat.

"They get my door open and there's like two, three guys in there. They're hanging me out like this one's pulling my leg, another grabbing my arm. They're saying, 'I'm going to kill you, I'm going to get you,' " Ng testified. "They couldn't drag me out of the car because I had my seat belt on."

Ng climbed into the back seat to get to her 2-year-old-daughter, who had "glass all over her," she testified.

Ng told a 911 dispatcher, "My husband's bleeding all over the street. We need help. We need an ambulance."

Defense attorney John Arlia said the off-duty Braszczok did not take part in the attack and did not tell colleagues about seeing the assault because he feared for his job, according to WABC, but the district attorney said Braszczok "knocked out the rear window of the SUV, showering the cabin of the SUV and its occupants -- Lien's wife and 2-year-old daughter -- with broken glass. The defendant continued to the passenger side and delivered two roundhouse kicks to the rear door and window area."

Braszczok's attorney did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

Droog, blindbella and Fatass like this.
  2. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What I get from this is the wife threw the plum, the wife started taking pictures, the wife told the husband to pull out and run over a biker, but it was the husband who got beaten up. More reason not to listen to your wife, the bitch'll get you murdered.

3. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fired and no pension

Nice, Droog, blindbella and 3 others like this.
  5. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Idiot

Droog and MrPACS like this.
  6. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I sometimes lose my cool--and really want to smash someone's melon in with a hammer
    then I remember I have a job--and responsibilities and shit

sure sometimes you can't keep it real, and it's a pretty boring life in some regards

but I ain't spending two years in prison because some chink lobbed a plum at me

7. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope his asshole gets blown out and his shit gets pushed in.

8. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

9. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He should have ran them all over

10. Rip mcdivvit

Rip mcdivvit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Two years for breaking a window is harsh. He terrorised this family but it seems like pops was looking for trouble too.

AmishGirl likes this.
  11. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Good. Fuck that dirty Polack cop.

12. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    IMO this guy didn't get enough time. He's an undercover police officer and instead of trying to deescalate the situation he takes part in the attack. I hope every single one of the bikers involved here get locked up and terrorized in prison. They're all assholes!

13. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I half agree. I don't know the full story, but undercovers have to do a lot of bad shit. I have a friend who was an undercover in a pedophile squad. Years later he told me that fucked with his head really badly.

AmishGirl likes this.
  14. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lol.... He might.. He's going to city jail, not prison like a non pig would.

So that means he may still get to talk shop with fellow uniformed criminals who haven't been prosecuted for crimes....yet.

And by talk shop, I mean suck cock.... Just like work, except no better assignment or promotion when his throat gets coated. Hahaha...

15. Richards Dad

Richards Dad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From the looks of that last picture, this asshole has been knocking boots with Sal's wife

16. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Breaking a window? A mob surrounded and attacked a family. Breaking the window was part of that. Inciting mob violence is pretty serious - especially if you're a cop. Fuck this guy and the shitheads who thought that being part of a large, unlawful mob of bikers meant they could do as they pleased.

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Amateur crooked cop piker!! This would NEVER happen to Johnny Depp and Peter Deluise!! Right, @HorsetoothBeth? ??

tumblr_mm6lrvKpmK1qjyqcoo3_250.gif

c990.jpg

6278931.jpg

jump_2-300x300.jpg

18. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    I understand what you're saying but this particular guy wasn't undercover when he was riding with those bikers. He was off duty and those jerks were his buddies.

TheSurvivingJesusTwin likes this.
  19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    People need to just calm down. Be more like Hugh Beaumont.
    [​IMG]

TheSurvivingJesusTwin likes this.