Ex QB clears up the ball controversy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Jan 28, 2015.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12244290/ex-quarterback-jeff-blake-deflating-footballs-common

Jeff Blake a QB for seven teams...

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat."

"So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Former Tampa Bay QB Brad Johnson admitted this week he had balls changed before his Super Bowl. So lets hang the Patriots? Anyway, if the Colts were home for the championship game, they would've done it, like they always do and no one would've known. You're away in a big game, you're cautious. Another NFL made up sideshow to take the heat off them for all the problems they have this year and the problems they tried to sweep under the carpet. The NFL really thinks highly of their fans. The media knows this stuff too, but this smoke and mirror so called "cheat" has sold millions of papers and got their sites millions of hits.

Vashier and AmericasJudge like this.
  2. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Balls. Huh huh huh huh.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Jeff Blake

:spit:

joemama, kingship and broccoli rob like this.
  4. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So every home team does this??

5. LaserT

Reputations:
    Most games, but in big games, the home team. From what I've heard.

6. FishySausage

Reputations:
    And the visiting team just plays with rock hard balls (God it's hard not to laugh when I type that) and is ok with that?
    This seems a little dubious

scoobyla likes this.
  7. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
  8. LaserT

Reputations:
    Every team deflates the balls because they are hard as a rock but in big games you don't want to get caught being an away team. If the Colts played any other team last week, this never would've been brought up. If the Colts were home, they would've deflated them like everyone else. No one would've said a thing. Or also if the NFL actually ran a clean swift penalty business, this wouldn't have been brought up. But the NFL needs a sideshow to take the heat off them and their look the other way, ways. A common practice for decades is now a big deal??

"We don't know about the Ray Rice video. We got a video in our mail???" Funny, they were all over a ball practice that has gone on for decades. :snicker:

Stew Nod and Butters Stoch like this.
  9. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Every team use to steal signals and video the other team....according to the Patriots.

Football has lost it's integrity. Why start now?

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Rodgers likes more inflated balls (and i mean that both ways)

11. LaserT

Reputations:
    :c

Hey his choices are his choices. All good in my book. A great QB. One of the best.

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    most talented qb in the league. he's got a little cutler in him though (no homo, i think) in that he seems quick to pout or say wgaf if things aren't going his way during a game

if he had russell wilson's heart, he'd prob end up being best qb of all time

LaserT likes this.
  13. FishySausage

Reputations:
    There is something fishy about it. The way we were told originally that D'quell Jackson thought the ball felt funny and that's what spawned the inquiry. Now we find out he didn't hear about the controversy until he was on his way home!
    And yes, Goodell is a shifty motherfucker who officiates like a drunk stepdad

Droog, Butters Stoch and potroast like this.
  14. LaserT

Reputations:
    Can't argue.
    No one can say the ball felt fishy when everyone does it. If this game was not against the Patriots, no one would've said a thing. Again, if you're not suppose to do it, than I agree no one should do it. Even though they all do and have for decades.
    What pisses me off about this whole thing is the NFL and Goodell. They know this is a long standing common practice, especially in the winter when the balls are hard from the cold weather and they are just playing the fans so they can take the heat off of what they have done and got in trouble for, for the last year. It's ridiculous.

Peau de Soie, Droog and Butters Stoch like this.
  15. batcave

batcave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us. Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches.

These players don't know what their coaches are doing, and some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make Belichick right, but a lot of teams are doing this." - Jimmy Johnson

“We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that.” - Bill Cowher

"It's not something that hasn't happened before," - Atlanta Falcons coach Bobby Petrino.

"You're always trying to get the other team's signals," - Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren.

"I know we're all trying to get signals, we're all looking for an edge," - Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden..

Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said in a 2002 Sports Illustrated article: "Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game. With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes by the end of the first quarter.".

Butters Stoch and LaserT like this.
  16. LaserT

Reputations:
    Great quotes. The NFL is trying to fool the public into thinking this is all new.

Goodell is sitting home now saying, "fooled the fans again." This is what pisses me off.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  17. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    I like Bob Kraft coming out like a boss and essentially saying "fuck you" to the league and they owe the Pats an apology.

18. Donkeyboy2190

Reputations:
    Plus, how the fuck has the league not interviewed Brady???

La Flama Blanca and scoobyla like this.
  19. Donkeyboy2190

Reputations:
    I hope the Patriots blow Seattle out. That'll make all the haters cry even louder.

20. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wonder why Kraft feels so confident that nothing will come of all this?
    [​IMG]

La Flama Blanca likes this.