Explain Howard's Satellite Radio brilliance

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    and his his relentless effort in producing, directing and programming Howard 101 and Howard TV ? What has he "personally" done to develop revolutionary content? :dontknow: It just seems like he is an hourly paid radio DJ.

2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    So much effort put in supposedly even now. And yet so little to show for it on the channels . . . :coffee:

3. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens

4. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Think about it. He has nothing to do with anything on his channels. He doesn't know what shows are on 101. He has nothing to do with Howard TV other than a cam on him while doing his radio show. He fucking delegates his creativity to his staff that has to clear the hallway when he finishes his radio shift so he can nap and go home.

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:

I feel sorry for those who believed his bullshit buildup in order to join Sirius . . . :coffee:

6. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Listening to his speech on last day of FM makes it all clear.... He's just a really good sales guy.

7. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I never believed any of his bullshit buildup personally. I never subscribed to Sirius ever . . .

8. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The only thing Stern did brilliantly was convincing Sirius to give him that ridiculous contract. At least they didnt have to give him that bonus money he thought he was going to get. :snicker:

9. GQtaste

GQtaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He is a tireless salesman. Just watch him w/ Charlie Rose. Rose attempts to get reflective a little but Howie wasn't having any of it. He had to pound the product. Sale, sale, sale the movie.

[video=youtube;ByrJ3uzZWoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByrJ3uzZWoo[/video]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  10. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  11. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
  12. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
  13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He showed up for work for about a year and a half, then just expected a paycheck. He's nothing more than the talent. Anytime he's tried to be anything else, he's failed miserably.

14. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    Not true.

[​IMG]

15. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he made a safe move to a smaller company claimed the company as his and never put any effort into it, complained after 1 month of being there that he never got any recognition then complained that he did everything for the company.

he then started working less and less and having more and more lawsuits which seems to be his go to move then he re-signs with Sirius even though he hates it because he was to afraid to go do a pay for podcast

he is the boss but claims hes not the boss he does not want to be responsible for anything but wants everyone to listen and do exactly what he says

he signed on to AGT and never promotes Sirius hypocritcally doing everything he bashed Oprah for

he freed up 800 k -1 Million in salary a year with Artie getting fired yet claims he has no budget, he lies to the audience and will not disclose Robin

he lives in a humble Studio apartment in the city, a small shack out East and his wife has her own money and they are always together and never fight

16. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:

He is the world's most interesting asshole

17. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll play Devil's advocate and admit that the first several Sirius years were awesome. I'm not a morning person AND I have never lived in a town that broadcast Wiggy, but I got into it through friends, the WOR show, vacations when I could listen in the car and the E! show (and Marksfriggin - big reps).

I gladly bought Sirius and started listening since I'm in the car a lot and even got the better half listening. We both had many occasions when we would sit in parking lots listening until a commercial break. I even got into the whole 101 experience - listening to Riley almost every week, Andy Penis sometimes, Miserable Men, sometimes Fitzsimmons, etc.

Had there been a Vegas show, a tour, or a legitimate party I would have ponied up (Beth reference doncha know) several hundred shekels to meet up with some of you fuckers in person. I had tickets to see the Hack Pack but the nag threw a fit and I had to cancel at the last minute.

Having said all of that, the dissonance between contract 1's last day and the new contract was stunning. Granted, we've all been forewarned that Wiggy is a narcissistic, unreliable, selfish and overall shitty person, but even factoring all of that in, his sulking was as noticable as the wig on an old queen's head. I was pissed that it lasted a couple of weeks then stunned as it continued then finally disgusted/impressed. Nobody holds a grudge like a member of the 1% who feels that they've been cheated out of a few marbles.

I still spent just as much time in the car, only it evolved into listening to Stern until I got pissed off and changed the channel to sports, politics, OutQ or music, then just music, then I got so pissed off that we were paying hundreds of dollars per year to subsidize a King Baby that I refused to turn Sirius on as a matter of principle. When December of that year rolled around I refused to send in my yearly check, argued with the Indians in customer support for a while then ripped up their solicitations to come back for free, for 25 bucks plus fees, under any circumstances.

I am trained in ethics and objectivity: it's what puts food on my table. I have to say in all fairness that $172 a year was well worth the Artie Roast, Gary Roast, Gary to the moon, Monkey's pitch, Artie Loves Heroin and the rest. I'd probably have paid twice or three times that. I cancelled Sirius and weaned myself from the Sterniverse and Siriusiverse in order to prove a stupid ideological point: that if you (Sirius/Stern) piss on me, I will divest myself from you.

The Artie's Livers of the internet often ask people like me why I continue to post on a site when I hate the object of the site. I am frequently lonely; I do miss the good old days, and I do get fulfillment from you fuckers, whether it's reveling in the schadenfreude of an aging and increasingly irrelevant morning zoo dj, political back and forth with the right wing of the Saloon, or just plain funny content like Piggy Mohammad's song parodies (check them out, they're funny as shit).

18. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    "I am Dr Remulak"

19. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard sits back and people bring him ideas, he says yes or no, that is the extent of his involvement. He believes that saying yes or no to the right bits is like a superpower that only he has - because he knows his audience. Meanwhile, most of the time, great bits probably get rejected because they cost a few dollars. Seriously, imagine what the show could produce with just $1 million a year. You could bring in 3 or 4 younger, relevant comedians and have a ton of content...or you could, back when there was an audience to hear it.

20. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I understand Howard.
    Imagine if you have a job. You get payed the same if you do a good job or a shitty job. Why put an effort when your job isn't even at risk.

Howard's only motivation have always been money. Much money = you are good/respected. 2006-2007 Howard had economic insentive to do good radio, and he did. There are many great shows during downs years.
    But the same day that Howard cashed in his last bonus, the merger 28 million bonus, he stopped caring. He had nothing to work for. No quality clause. No ratings clause.

Its Sirius that wrote a retarded contract with Howard, including the idiotic that every subscriber should count as a Howard subscriber for his bonus.
    + that they agreed to 4-3 day work week + 11 weeks of vacation.

The non full work week kills the flow of the show.

And had Malone been able to take over Sirius a couple of month earlier, Howard would not have been resigned to todays shit contract 104 days/year.