Facebook's New PC Rules

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Mar 16, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    More capitulations to people that love to get offended instead of just moving on, I can only imagine what will be defined as "hate speech":

Facebook: Don’t celebrate your crimes, try to buy drugs, or show your buttocks on the site

(REUTERS/Dado Ruvic)

Facebook has updated its community guidelines, clearing up what it deems appropriate content for display on the social network. It says the rules and standards haven’t been changed, and is responding to requests to provide more detail on what it allows subscribers to post. The rules, says Facebook, are designed to “create an environment where people feel motivated and empowered to treat each other with empathy and respect.”

The newly updated Community Standards page has been split into four sections, covering safety, respect for fellow Facebook users, intellectual property, and the security of your account. Under these headings, Facebook makes its stance on nudity, violence, abuse, and criminal activity more clear than ever before.

For example, anyone intent on sharing pictures of themselves (or others) in various states of undress, should refer to the section on respectful behavior. Facebook will remove images showing genitals or any that “focus in on fully exposed buttocks.” Pictures of artworks featuring nudity should be fine, but breasts are subject to a few restrictions. If the nipple makes an appearance, the picture’ll be removed, but images showing post-mastectomy scarring and – a previously controversial subject for the site – breastfeeding are allowed. Going into too much written detail about sex could also see posts removed.

Upsetting, graphic pictures which “condemn or raise awareness” about terrorism, human rights abuses, or violence are acceptable, but when they’re shared for “sadistic pleasure,” they’ll be removed. Similarly, posts containing hate speech, threats (to people or property), bullying, shaming, or those “celebrating any crimes committed” are also out. Facebook also talks about how it deals with terrorist, hate, and criminal organizations, along with outlawing the attempted purchase of drugs and sexual services through the site.

Facebook also reiterates its real name requirements, and states people should create a Page rather than a personal Profile if they want their cat/dog/frog to have a presence on the site. Finally, provided it has “sufficient proof of death,” Facebook promises to “secure and memorialize accounts of people who have lost their lives” if the family wishes it.

2. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Meh.
    Whatever

Mulletude and Head Censor like this.
  3. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Publicly traded company. I guess they have to cover their ass.....in this case, literally.

meanredhed likes this.
  4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...so glad i never joined that faggot fest and doubly happy to see that shit circling the drain. so many other outlets for the wildchild to show her tits an ass let the church of latter day saints dominate facebook. sounds good to me.

BethSucks and Mr Fantastic like this.
  5. BethSucks

Reputations:
    This post contains hate speech, please do not post it on Facebook.

R.P. McMurphy, RobsDad and meanredhed like this.
  6. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Exactly. The sooner this abomination is gone, the better.

7. BethSucks

Reputations:
    I agree with your sentiment and also don't have a legit Facebook account but like it or hate it there is no other entity that serves a billion people and I find the arbitrary stifling of posters words to be a troubling trend.

Trophy Knife likes this.
  8. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, I completely agree with you on this. On principle, I hate to see any entity succumb to the pressures of political correctness. I guess my outrage is tempered in this instance only because I don't find much underlying value in the property being affected.

Let me put it this way, the next thing I "like" on Facebook will be the first thing I "like" on Facebook.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    BethSucks likes this.
  9. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everyone is so afraid of the exposed nipple. I used to spank it to Annistons rock hard nips in Friends. God forbid, they were actually exposed. The fucking world would end.

BethSucks likes this.