WTF Facebook's Zuckerberg buys out neighbors, bulldozes their homes

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by GaryPuppet, May 23, 2016.

1. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg replacing 4 next-door Palo Alto homes
    By Jacqueline Lee

Daily News Staff Writer

Posted: 05/20/2016 08:38:23 PM PDT
    Updated: 05/23/2016 07:36:21 AM PDT

[​IMG]
    An artist's rendering of how the home at 1451 Hamilton Avenue will look from the street. (Walker Warner photo) ( Grace Mathieson )
    Click photo to enlarge
    [​IMG]
    An artist's rendering of how the home at 1459 Hamilton Avenue will look from... ( Grace Mathieson )

PALO ALTO -- Four houses surrounding Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's home in Palo Alto will be demolished and replaced by smaller ones, according to an application filed with city planners Tuesday.

Zuckerberg bought the homes on Hamilton Avenue and Edgewood Drive in 2013 after he learned of a developer's plan to build a house next door tall enough to have a view of Zuckerberg's master bedroom.

Concerned about privacy, Zuckerberg paid more than $30 million total for the properties at 1462 Edgewood Drive and 1451, 1457 and 1459 Hamilton in the Crescent Park neighborhood.

One of those sales led real estate developer Mircea Voskerician to sue the Facebook co-founder in 2014, alleging a breach in the terms of their property deal. Voskerician settled the fraud lawsuit in March without getting any money from the settlement.

Voskerician claimed in the lawsuit that he sold to Zuckerberg at a discounted price the right to buy the adjacent property in exchange for an introduction to Silicon Valley movers and shakers who might want to buy homes, but Zuckerberg did not keep his end of the deal.

A request submitted Tuesday to the city's Planning and Community Environment Department seeks the demolition of two single-story houses and two two-story houses.

The houses would be replaced by three single-story houses and one two-story house.

A letter from property managers Kimberley Darlington and Alistair Shearer dated May 16 was distributed to neighbors informing them of the application.
    Advertisement
    "The plans will reduce overall square footage relative to the existing homes and aim to ensure the new structures and surrounding gardens blend seamlessly with the neighborhood," the letter said.

The new homes will take up about 20 percent less space than the existing footprint, according to the application.

The application does not include a request for a lot merger or a lot line adjustment.

The new structures seek to maintain the character of the neighborhood and trees will be preserved, the application says.

The homes will be demolished and replaced concurrently to minimize the length of construction time and impact on the neighborhood.

It's unclear whether Zuckerberg will use the new homes, rent them or sell them.

A project spokesman, Miles Radcliffe-Trenner of Sard Verbinnen & Co,, referred questions about any plans to public documents that state the parcels will have single-family homes and declined to elaborate.

Crescent Park resident Norm Beamer said the neighborhood is "curious, but also concerned" about what Zuckerberg has planned for the parcels around his house.

"Is he just developing it or is he creating some sort of compound which will have a constant turnover of visitors and employees?" Beamer said. "It's a question of whether it's a normal residential development or some unusual use that might create traffic and security issues and so forth."

Beamer, president of the Crescent Park Neighborhood Association, said his comments are not representative of the association and are derived from conversations with a sampling of residents.

Neither Beamer nor the association has taken a stance on supporting or opposing the application.

A public hearing will be required for the application. The application was submitted to the city by Walker Warner Architects, Inc., on behalf of RBLKT LLC, SFRP LLC, RFBPO LLC and JPAWW LLC, entities associated with the properties.

DiamondGoddess and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  2. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    happens in the south bay all the time...its probably the mc mansion capital of the world...at least he's keeping with the overall style of the neighborhood...most people just put up some big ugly house in a neighborhood of 50 year old homes that sticks out like a sore thumb..

[​IMG]

3. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It bothers me so much that this guy is a billionaire from something
    so stupid and useless.

4. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why didn't he gave them to some Syrian, Eritrean and Mexican immigrants, that's weird right??

5. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Bah! Have to hand it to that guy: he peeled off a small chunk of change, bought out everyone, and then formed (at least) four single purpose LLCs to skunk anyone remaining who wants to stop him. Suing Mark Z is a long shot, what with the deep pockets and all. But now you have to sue each of his LLCs to stop it.

I have a date Friday in Palo Alto. Maybe I'll toss a pee bottle on his lawn on the way home.

6. Kilroy

Kilroy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's not very green of him..

7. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    That is one sleazy liberal.

Diversity for thee but not for me.

Typical.

8. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    More fake outrage from the Dawg Shed usual suspects.

He didn't eminent domain the houses. He made an offer and the people that owned them sold them to him.

Speaking as someone who had the lot with one house on it next door turned into a lot of 4 huge houses two of which now look into my back yard I don't have a problem with it.

You should see the monstrosity Wiggys new BFF Steve Martin built for his sister a few blocks away from me. They leveled three lots to build it. It fits in with the rest of the neighborhood about as well as MAGA fits in at a MENSA meeting.

alittlebitcunty and Mlaw like this.
  9. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He bought them so no one builds a house tall enough to see his tiny dick. That's the assumption I'm making from the story.

10. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    As someone who has a fucking asshole as a neighbor, I am jealous that he can just buy the houses next to him and behind him.

I wish I could do that.

11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hey its a free country

12. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah. Buying up 4 houses so no one can see into your master bedroom suggests that there's some weird shit going on in there.
    Mrs. Zuck might have a huge strap on collection she uses on that little weasel.

13. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Bill Gates did the same thing for privacy.

14. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the definition of FuckMoney, right?

15. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Might be cuckmoney. Who knows what goes on in that bedroom.

16. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thread like this needs a trigger warning.

17. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    No doubt.

But you wouldn't tell the rest of the US that they have no say who is their neighbor then goes and hand picks his neighbors.

MadWoman777, Slow and Rockside7 like this.
  18. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to see him riding his bike down Lytton. I actually spoke to him. He said hello. I was eating a burrito from Sancho's(good grub)....or go to Oasis to get a good burger and a cold beer. Downtown PA is super fly.

19. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If I were the next lot over, I would now propose a house that also looks into his bedroom and wait for my payday

20. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you look at the details of the settlement, it becomes relatively obvious that Zuckerberg stole the idea from Winklevoss and Narendra.

Nor has he done it alone after the fact.

Like Google, Facebook has since been co-opted by the CIA and NSA as a data gathering tool and to track and trace. :c

CrucifiedAGT likes this.