Politics Factual flaws no hindrance to GOP candidates' debate bluster

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by XuXu, Dec 19, 2015.

1. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

DBGBH, ramble and Anyonenow like this.
  2. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think kind of stuff is where the right shows it's true colors. Most of those candidates don't believe the things they are saying. They know they are not true but they are also aware of how little facts mean to their base. Lets say 35% of Republicans are emotional children who just want good guys (people like them) to defeat bad guys (people who do things they don't like). The world is no more complex than whatever sell job has been pushed on them last. The main problem being that those 35% vote because they think everything is an existential threat. So while they may be 35% they pull more power than that because of the apathy of the American voter.

So now you have people like Trump saying stuff he doesn't believe just for effect while the media pretends he believes it and that the people cheering those thoughts are rational decision makers. It's so toxic and it's all driven by money.

All the Republicans at the top (not the tea party nuts) really care about is rich people. It's undeniable that every legislative act they move forward is to assist rich people and corporations or to placate the 35% of their crazy base. The new spending deal that Ryan just agreed to is full of tax cuts for the rich with no offsets. If he really cared about the deficit he would never do that. If they really want to declare war on the Jihadist then declare war, that's what congress does. If they really cared about unborn babies why not fund programs to help those poor babies once they are born? If we need to fight WWIII why don't they push for a draft with no exceptions for rich kids?

Now is where the right leaning person comes in and tells me that the left is just as bad as if that is generally accepted wisdom. The left supports increasing the minimum wage, providing healthcare for more people, avoiding perpetual war, regulations on business (anyone who thinks the market will self correct for bad behavior needs to read about Martin Shkreli, government regulation got him after tons of damage), Paying attention to what we do to our environment etc. etc. The left has lots of problems but those things I mentioned are good for everyone. The right is for rich people, that's it. Everything else is a sham because they can't get enough votes from 1% of the population.

3. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if I can listen to 8 minutes of Rachel Maddow and one of her "lessons"

4. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sure the dykemeister Rachel and all you dem coprophiliacs will be holding Hillary to these same high standards tonight on the DNC debate. How many more of these sham late Saturday night practice debates will they hold until they think the general populace can watch without throwing up all over their TV screens?

5. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:

Hillary is all about women. Unless it's a rape victim against her client, a sexually violated woman against her husband, or Carly being choked.

Head Censor and The Snork like this.
  6. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's worth a listen!
    (sadly)Too funny Fiorina, Christie and Trump :doh:

7. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    I listened to the Christie and Fiorina. I already recognized Fiorina's error, and I think she's nitpicking with Christie.

I wonder what Maddow's viewership is like. Her show seems so random and she just talks about anything. Sometimes it's news, sometimes it's some sort of history lesson. It feels like every time I switch to her by accident, she's talking about George W. Bush again.

TeeDonkey likes this.
  8. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't watch maddow. This really isn't about her.
    But she makes a good point about these "people" and the non truths they speak.
    Fiorina says she KNOWS those people she mentioned...yet wrong on almost all.
    Keane response was great on Fox .

BTW Hope you never switch over to Hannity by accident :happyhappy:

XuXu likes this.
  9. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can just tell that Rachel would love to eat off of Carly Fiorina's lunch counter. :vag:

Stretch5000, TeeDonkey and BrerJimmy like this.
  10. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Both sides play fast and loose with the facts.

TeeDonkey and Beth Onostrosky like this.
  11. XXXL yoga pants

XXXL yoga pants Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LOL fucking hilarious. The cognitive dissonance (or sheer ignorance) that it takes to believe that Obamacare, an increased minimum wage, and lobbyist created government regulation (and complaining about Shkreli and calling for more govenment regulation, the very thing that provided for the creation of that asshole) is good for most people, is just astounding. Every one of those things is bad for the vast majority of people but good for politicians with their snouts in the trough, lobbyists, and big business. That's why so many corporations support liberal politicians and policies. Their lobbyists create the regulations for fucksakes, it gives them competitive advantages over small businesses.

TeeDonkey and lastlaugh like this.
  12. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    there ya go...

Shortwave98 likes this.
  13. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

o_O

14. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    I'm not right leaning. I'm independent.

Anyonenow likes this.
  15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
  16. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Anyonenow likes this.
  17. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if you watch the debates it better be so you can see trump make faces and insult people

if you're watching for any other reason then I'm telling you to lay off the booze

TeeDonkey, Anyonenow and Shortwave98 like this.
  18. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1. Increased minimum wage. Ever since American business got the threat to outsource jobs across the border they have been suppressing wages for the majority of workers (It's a fact, real wages are growing far slower for the bottom 75% than the top 25%). Corporations are making more than ever but all the increased profit is going to the top. That's bad for our society which is consumer driven. If a CEO only made $10 million instead of $15 million and the other $5 million went to his employees that would be good for all of us, including the rich guy who still made $10 million for the year.

2. I didn't say Obamacare, I said increased healthcare. I consider healthcare a basic security net I want my government to provide because it's good for everyone. The right does not agree with that. The left does (along with the majority of the rest of the civilized world).

3. Talk about cognitive dissonance. In the face of all evidence you really believe "the market" corrects for criminal behavior of some businesses? It's undeniable that business left unchecked will harm the community. The depression, savings and loans crisis, the 2008 crash. All were at some level caused by greedy, sociopathic behavior by men and woman who just wanted to get rich and the hell with everyone else. Each of those cases could have been prevented by regulation and all resulted in post event regulation to keep it from happening again. The right wants to pull down those regulations. To be fair a lot of the left wants to remove them as well.

Your main point is that all of these ideas get corrupted in action. Of course they do, politics is always dirty but you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Don't let perfect get in the way of better. Because you can't make it all good does not mean you should not make it better than it was.

19. Habsfan

Habsfan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed that no one's watches the DNC debates but it's simply because they are actual political arguments. The republican debated are watched not for substance but the carnival side show factor of the nominees. They stand up there shooting one liners like Donald without saying anything meaningful.

ramble and Anyonenow like this.
  20. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    I hope to God you don't want Hillary for President. I would settle for Bernie.