Shop Now At Amazon

Family sues Disneyland, claims rabbit character is 'racist'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Feb 7, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Family sues Disneyland, claims rabbit character is 'racist'[/h] Published February 07, 2013
    FoxNews.com

A San Diego family is suing Disneyland, alleging that an employee in a rabbit costume at the popular amusement park is racist.
    Fox5SanDiego.com reports that Jason Black Jr., 6, was on a trip with his family to the Anaheim park in August when he approached his favorite character, the White Rabbit.
    “I went to hug him but he turned his back,†Jason told the station. “It’s made me feel sad because I wanted to really hug him.â€
    His older brother, Elijah, said he tried to hold the character's hand, but the employee kept pushing his hand away, according to the report.
    The Black family filed a lawsuit against Disneyland, claiming that the children were discriminated against by the person portraying the rabbit because they are black.
    The boys' father, Jason LeRoy Black Sr., initially thought the park had implemented a new policy preventing the characters from touching children.
    He told Fox5SanDiego.com his family observed the rabbit hugging, kissing and taking pictures with two white kids who approached the rabbit moments later.
    After filing a complaint, the family was offered VIP passes, which they reportedly declined.
    Dan Gilleon, the family's attorney, said the Black family is asking Disney to issue a public apology and fire the employee who portrays the White Rabbit.
    “They’re not trying to get something they don’t deserve,†Gilleon told the station. “In fact, all they’ve asked for is a little bit of recognition that this should not have happened.â€
    Disney recently asked the family to sign a confidential waiver in exchange for $500, according to MyFoxPhoenix.com.
    The station contacted Disney for comment and the company emailed a statement, which reads, "We cannot comment on something that we are not aware of -- and that we carefully review all guest claims."

I think I wrote here before about how my sister works in the administrative side of Disney there in Anaheim. She tells me about the almost daily endless bogus law suits that get filed against Disneyland. Some are so ridiculous you would swear they are just made up stories, but there fact is more bizarre then fiction.

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Target
  3. chuk

chuk VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;ckk4ezc7ZqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckk4ezc7ZqM[/video]

4. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
    The "White Rabbit"
    The "Black" Family
    :funny:

5. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Billy West's Bugs Bunny impression: "Ehhh, what's up nig?"

6. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  7. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
    How they even know what color the person in the costume was? :dontknow:

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I don't think the family is entitled to any damages, per se, since they weren't injured (besides possibly emotionally, but even that is weak), but Disney should be made aware of the behavior of their employees.

I wonder what, if any, explanation was given for the employee's behavior. :scratch:

9. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    You're assuming what they said was true.
    The whole thing reads like its from "The Onion."

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wanna see the camera footage.

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Nah. If it was from The Onion, the rabbit would've eaten one of the children.

12. gilaet

gilaet Police Truck Administrator

Reputations:
    The guy in the suit was probably her father.

13. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Al says Show me the money and we can forget the whole thing

14. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

According to the story, this is the word of the kid and his brother:

The family only observed the guy afterward and watched him interacting with "white kids".

I'm curious to know the employees side of the story, I wouldn't be surprised if these kids were trash talking and acting like little degenerates and the employee held his tongue and tried to avoid them. After looking at the Atlanta videos of those foul mouth little black children insulting the mall guard, nothing can be ruled out.

When they dressed this kid up for the interview to make him look clean cut, they forgot that the prison corn rows on his head just shoots the whole honor roll look down. :facepalm:

The next generation:

[video=youtube;y3Azc3AZb2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Azc3AZb2Y[/video]

[video=youtube;QiBa8lVDb74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBa8lVDb74[/video]

15. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    "Everyobdy be werry, werry quwiet! The KKK be huntin blaek wabbits!"

16. Tom Doyers

Tom Doyers Xavier's water boy VIP

Reputations:
  17. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

All this is so typical, they didn't want any stinking passes, all they wanted was "a little bit of recognition that this should not have happened" so they find a lawyer that is doing this all for free and they take it to the media. O.K., now what do they want?

Al and Jesse to show up with dial-a-mob and Disney will buy them a new house and a new BMW for their ambulance chasing lawyer.

18. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Take a stand. "We're not racist so we won't apologize or offer the family ANYTHING. In fact, we're banning them from our properties for 5 years."

19. Bye You!

Bye You! Extreme VIP Gold

Reputations:

:winner:

i always wondered how you enforce something like that, though

20. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Well, they couldn't be so bold as to say "we're not racist..." because you never know who's working for you.

But like others have said, it's really only one side of the story and without any proof the plaintiffs are dead in the water. The burden of proof is on them. It's a lower standard than a criminal trial but they still have to be able to overcome a "he said / they said" argument.

21. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With some exception, almost all of the employees in the character suits, are female.