CCTV Fascinating! How to Land a 737

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by The Booey, Feb 14, 2016.

1. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
  3. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    The mythbusters did it already.

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    that was not easy

Howchilla and Winston Leg-Thigh like this.
  5. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    If in that situation, myself...i'd say lets fuck with all the auto pilot crap...I need to take full control and cowboy land this MFer...You may as well become accustomed with the hand controls before the money shot landing

x76, DuckDong, Howchilla and 3 others like this.
  6. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Nothing to prove

Reputations:
    Isis thanks you

7. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i once put a kite in a tree

jmisfort likes this.
  8. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Special thanks to the video creator for using dark red circles on the dark dashboard... can't see fucking shit. :jj:

9. The Booey

Reputations:
    I could have sworn I had 76000 reputations earlier today.

:dontknow:

x76 and babybear like this.
  10. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WE"RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

GloriaGrace, Spudboy and babybear like this.
  11. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuckin' A. I think I could pull that shit off.

Even though I've flown small planes (and even flew a couple big planes for a few minutes (!)), landing a big one would be intimidating to say the least. I've been in the cockpit endless times and sat up there for takeoff and landing, but this video explains what was going on as I watched.

When you're below 10,000 feet, you're in 'sterile cockpit' which means nothing can be said that doesn't relate to the operation of the aircraft. So, no dumb question when on final approach.

If you get lucky when you have to take over an unmanned cammercial flight, you'll get one that has auto-land, auto-brake and auto-steering. Modern aircraft can have any or all of the above.

So just think, the next time you land on your flight to see the in-laws, it could be the aircraft doing the whole thing, although it takes a detailed setup procedure as well as close monitoring by the pilots to be 'safe' -- but in a pinch I think I would rely on the aircraft rather than my (lack of) skill.

In fact, auto-land can get a plane on the ground with ZERO visibility -- but 50 feet is required because you have to actually see the runway to steer centerline.

BTW, the chances of both pilots becoming incapacitated and there being no other pilots on board would be exceedingly rare.

Artie Laugh likes this.
  12. DaTenses

DaTenses Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a few barrel rolls should do the trick

stash, x76, Howchilla and 2 others like this.
  13. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Nothing to prove

Reputations:
    This still happening ? :facepalm:

14. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT MH370: PILOT FOUND ALIVE IN TAIWAN HOSPITAL? CRUEL VIRAL HOAX ATTACKED BY OFFICIALS
    Ever since the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 almost two years ago — on March 8, 2014 — a seemingly endless stream of false leads, unconfirmed theories and bizarre speculation has circulated on the Internet. But the latest strange MH370 theory is more of an outright hoax, and it appears to have fooled numerous Internet users as it went viral last week.

In fact, the shocking hoax gained so much attention online that top Malaysia government officials were forced to issue an issue an official denial.

Possibly originating in an online publication under the name World News Daily Report — though it may have in fact started on a similar site known as Link Beef— the viral hoax centered around an apparent photo of a seriously injured man in a hospital bed, a man the supposed news site identified as Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah.

This is the photo the sites claimed to show the Flight MH370 pilot that went viral over the past week.

[​IMG]
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 hoax photo [Photo via Facebook]
    According to the phony “news” report, Shah “has mysteriously reappeared in a Taiwan hospital on Monday, suffering from severe dehydration and some type of amnesia.”
    “The 53-year-old pilot was transported at the Taipei Adventist Hospital by a couple of villagers from a nearby town. They claimed to have found the man while he was lying unconscious on the banks of the Tangshui River,” the alleged report asserts.

There is no “Tangshui River” in Taiwan, though, and the hoax story may be attempting to reference the country’s Tamsui River.

And indeed, the man in the photo has been identified, and is definitely not Zaharie Ahmad Shah.

The hoax-debunking site Snopes.com tracked down the source of the photo and found it at an online publication called The Irrawaddy, devoted to Southeast Asia news. In an article from January 2014, the hospital patient in the photo is identified as “Aung Myo Oo, a Burmese migrant who was attacked by unknown assailants on June 3, 2013.” The hospital in which the unfortunate migrant is seen recovering, according to the Irrawaddy article, is not in Taiwan at all, but in fact in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

The article says that the photo of Aung Myo Oo was taken on June 3, 2013, more than nine months before the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

Nonetheless, the viral hoax became so persistent that Malaysia Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai issued a flat denial on Friday, calling the report “false news.”

“The ministry will provide updates on MH370 from time to time. Any information regarding MH370 must be referred to us,” Liow cautioned reporters quizzing him about the viral photo claiming to show the Malaysia Airlines pilot alive. “Do not speculate.”

The Malaysia consulate in Taiwan also issued a denial of the hoax report.

RELATED STORIES:
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Pilot Killed Passengers, Sank Plane Intact In Ocean, Expert Says
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Pilot Suicide Theory Officially Ruled Out, Australian Investigators Say
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Witness Gives Grisly Details Of Corpse-Filled Wreckage — Report Denied
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: FAA Warning Leads To ‘Compelling’ Theory Of Missing Plane’s Fate
    Found Wing Part Only Deepens Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane
    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ‘Emotional’ Pilot Flew Plane Over Hometown For Final Farewell [Theory]

The latest Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 false report joins a long list of strange theories, hoaxes and reports about the baffling fate of the missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200, ranging from the plausible to the outlandish.

Jeff Wise, a science writer and expert on the Flight MH370 case, proposed a theory last year saying that the plane had flown north, rather than south as the official investigators believe, landing somewhere in Kazakhstan — the victim of a highly sophisticated hijacking.

On the other end of the spectrum, CNN news anchor Don Lemon proposed that the Malaysia Airlines plane had been somehow sucked into a black hole.

In tech following video, self-described “psychic detective” Michael Winger attempts to solve the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 mystery.

Last week, some family members of Chinese passengers on the missing Flight MH370 issued a statement in which they state their belief that the Malaysia Airlines plane never actually crashed into the Indian Ocean, where the official search effort has been focused since September 2014. Instead, the families say, they believe that — similar to the theory proposed by Wise — the plane was hijacked and the passengers may remain alive somewhere in the world, almost two years later.

[Photo via Twitter]

15. Skoal

Skoal Active Member

Reputations:
    How do you get into the cockpit to land the plane when the cockpit door is locked from the inside?

Rescued Owl likes this.
  16. Cordoza Hotel

Cordoza Hotel Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Isis only takes off, they don't land

17. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I lost 100,000 reps with the latest shit

18. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Very interesting.

Nice post!!!!

Sorry if you're getting shit for it.

SalsMasterShake and The Booey like this.
  19. The Booey

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don't get it. Post something interesting and get punished for it. Strange way to run a website: discourage the very thing you should be encouraging. :duhme:

20. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations: