FAST !! (as in don't eat)

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Getthepoisonout, Mar 27, 2016.

1. hsdramaqueen

hsdramaqueen It takes horns to hold up my halo Gold

Reputations:

Uh oh- :hiding:. differing opinions :roll:

I kind of agree with this- I get that if I have the bulletproof coffee in the morning I would be in a sense not fasting but it might help me with fasting the rest of the day. I'm having trouble sticking with it anyway, which could totally be because of my previous depency on carbs I know. But I think this is worth a shot. I do not have great willpower when at home and I don't think that's helping either. I wish I could fast at work but I am a teacher and responsible for children so it wouldn't work to be light headed and cranky.
    This is all new for me. Until I turned about 48-50 I had the most awesome metabolism going. My weight just flew off when I needed it to- just cut back on something for w bit. And after each pregnancy- to the point where sometimes I looked too thin. And I was a huge runner for many years until my back starting acting up (mostly from all the big kids I had and carried around for years a good 8 years) And now all this getting old stuff. :confused:

I agree with you about not starving myself even though I doubt I will be able to run more than 2-4 miles a few times a week. I love cheese and avocado. Eggs too. So I will look into some of those recipes. I would definitely be more into veggie shakes than fruit. I am not a big fruit fan at all so that works for me.

Ok! thanks for responding and all the help :hw:

2. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    Veggies, eggs, avo, cheese. Sounds like you already have most of the ingredients for low car high fat. Good luck with it.

hsdramaqueen likes this.
  3. hsdramaqueen

Reputations:
    Thanks! :)

4. hsdramaqueen

Reputations:
    Well I have to say, this whole thing has been really good for a kick in the butt and lifestyle change that I needed going forward and getting older.

Was able to do a real fast the other day :cheer:
    No bulletproof coffee and made it through with only coffee, tea and water. It seems to be getting easier every week.
    (And my kids were home and made cheesesteaks for lunch :mad:)

Going to continue to do it once a week, and do another low calorie day to make my week like a 2:5. (Thanks for the easy to understand link
    @This_Little_Piggy -already sent to a few friends. )

My MCT oil and a hand held blender come today, so we will try the bulletproof coffee the other days.
    I'm still not sure I could pull off a Keto diet all the time. And I read somewhere that it might not be good to do the bulletproof coffee with all the fat daily if you're not doing the Keto diet consistently. I just love a bowl of pasta or some pizza once a week. So I need to read up on that a bit more.

5. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I think that is correct that having lots of fat on a non Keto diet means your body is burning carbs but you have added all of this fat to your blood so it could get hung up in the arteries rather than burned as fuel.

hsdramaqueen likes this.
  6. hsdramaqueen

Reputations:
    I just read through this thread again...wow. I have come a long way in the last six months and completely changed my way of thinking thanks to all these threads.
    I'm totally into Keto now..and it is working really well for me so far.
    I posted this in that thread today and thought I'd share it here too.
    Many of you have probably seen this guy- Butter Bob Briggs. Love his straight forward way of lecturing.

This one about fasting really got me interested in doing it again.

Tracy likes this.