Fatty's lookingfor love.....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Life as a big woman, looking for big love
    By Lindsay Putnam

January 6, 2015 | 9:39pm

Modal Trigger
    [​IMG]
    Plus-size singles combat creepy guys, caustic comments and skinny friends. Here, they reveal dating tales from the barroom to the bedroom. Clockwise from top left: Sabrina Servance, Mar Ortiz, Jennifer Dowding, Jessica Ammons and Kristi Wiley. Photo: Emily Shur
    Standing on a street corner in Brooklyn, Sabrina Servance became alarmed when it looked as though a man next to her was about to get hit by an oncoming bus.

She quickly stepped back to make room for the guy on the curb.

The man caught her eye and offered a friendly “How are you?”

“I’m OK,” the 31-year-old Bushwick resident replied before shuffling to a roomier spot. Interpreting this as a signal of Servance’s disinterest, the man grew enraged.

“Obviously, you’re not that good; look how fat and disgusting you are,” he spat back at her.

“That, for me, is the worst part of being a plus-size girl in New York,” Servance says, referring to the offensive comments she’s had to field from total strangers.

But instead of shrinking away from public attention after suffering such embarrassment, she’s making herself more visible by landing a spot on Lifetime’s new reality-TV show “Big Women: Big Love.”

Modal Trigger
    Previous
    Next
    1/4

[​IMG]
    The dating lives of women like Sabrina Servance are captured on the new TV show “Big Women: Big Love.” Sabrina’s NYC dates include stops in the park …
    The series, which premiered Thursday, follows five single plus-size women from across the country as they attempt to find love in the vast — and oftentimes harsh — dating world.

The program aims to show that plus-size women experience the same difficulties as their svelte counterparts when it comes to dating. But being single and overweight comes with a whole different set of rules.

Mar Ortiz, a 32-year-old aspiring singer from Clifton, NJ, had just struck up a conversation with a good-looking guy at a bar when he turned to her and said, “I’m just not into bigger girls.”

“It was shocking,” Ortiz recalls of that humiliating moment. “A lot of times the guy at the bar that I typically go for — the skinny bad boy — he’s not looking at me.”

Instead, Ortiz is resigned to settle for the men left lingering after bartenders announce, “last call.”
    “When I go out with my sister, who’s thinner than me, she gets the guys first. I’m stuck with the leftovers, but at this point, I’m used to it.”

Servance has had similar troubles while out with her skinny girlfriends. “When we would hang out, you could tell the guys who came up to us were thinking, ‘What do we do about the big one?’”

While she still goes to bars, the fashion merchandiser also meets many potential suitors via dating Web sites. “I’m very upfront about my weight, because I think there’s nothing worse than being misled by a photo,” she explains. “If you’re a plus-size woman, you should have a full-body picture.”

But even the guys she does connect with online come with a caveat — some, known as “chubby chasers,” are interested only in larger women.

“There’s a difference between liking someone for who they are and turning it into a fetish thing,” says Servance, who once had a man ask to squeeze her butt-cheeks on a date.

Despite these problems, the women agree they’re most hurt by the assumption that they don’t get asked out because of their larger physiques.

Jessica Ammons, a 29-year-old curvy girl, insists she collects just as many digits as her thin friends near her Atlanta, Ga., home, while Servance estimates she’s been on about 70 first dates since she finished school six years ago. She also says that when it comes to physical intimacy, there are fewer complications than people presume.

“I never think, ‘Oh, he’s going to see my back boob,’ ” says Servance. “This is what I look like, love it or hate it. I love it, and if I’m getting naked with you, you obviously like it, too.”

But not everyone’s as confident: Some bigger girls employ a number of tricks between the sheets. For Ammons, that meant keeping the lights off, wearing a T-shirt, and staying underneath the covers during the act, before becoming more comfortable with her body.

“Who wants that to be a part of their relationship?” asks the makeup artist, who recently dropped 100 pounds and now clocks in at a manageable 242. “That’s not fun for you, and it wouldn’t be fun for your partner, either.”

Despite their successes, none of these women has been in a serious relationship. They hope to change that by appearing on the show, which will eventually bring them together for a dating seminar called “Supersize Your Life” that aims to teach the women how to make better decisions when it comes to their love lives.

“Skinny women think that it’s not hard being a bigger woman in the dating world, but if me and J.Lo were on the beach and we had on the same bathing suit, who’s going to want to talk to me?” says Ammons. “The thin, not-so-cute-in-the-face girls always get preference over the cute-but-heavyset girls.”

NYC can be a particularly harsh place to look for love. “The guys in the city are a bit more blunt, more aggressive and sarcastic; they think they can say, ‘You’re a little bit thick, girl!’ and it’s OK,” laments Ortiz.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    Jessica Ammons on a date. “Skinny women think that it’s not hard being a bigger woman in the dating world, but if me and J.Lo were on the beach and we had on the same bathing suit, who’s going to want to talk to me?” says Ammons.Photo: Lifetime

And Servance is tired of men making assumptions about her interests and tastes. “I went out with a guy, once, who said, ‘Are you eating [a salad] just to be cute, or do you really eat that? You don’t have to put on a show for me. If you want to eat something greasy, knock yourself out,’ ” she recalls, before adding, “I’m eating a salad because I want to.”

And though these women have all experienced setbacks, they are in no rush to settle for the first decent guy that comes around.

“It took me a long time to become this confident,” stresses Servance. “Anyone who compromises my ability to feel great about myself isn’t worth my time.

“Loving yourself is something every woman can relate to, fat or skinny,” she continues. “And to me, that’s what it’s all about. It has nothing to do with size, it’s about being a woman.”

Ain’t love grand?
    The second episode of “Big Women: Big Love” airs Wednesday at 10 p.m. on Lifetime. Get to know the five women who are stepping onto the dating scene in a big way.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    From left: Sabrina Servance, Jennifer Dowding and Kristi WileyPhoto: Lifetime

Sabrina Servance

Lives in: Bushwick, Brooklyn

Dress size: 16/18

Looking for: While her friends say that she prefers “skinny, dorky white guys,”
    video-game fanatic Servance insists she just wants a guy who’s comfortable in his own skin. “I would love to meet someone who is just themselves, weird quirks and all,” she tells The Post.

Jennifer Dowding

Lives in: Los Angeles

Dress size: Refuses to say

Looking for: Raised by strict Midwestern parents, Dowding got her first kiss and lost her virginity in the past year. “Once I finally lost my virginity, I went a little crazy having sex,” she says in the show’s premiere.

Kristi Wiley

Lives in: Forth Worth, Texas

Dress size: 20

Looking for: Wiley isn’t just looking for a new mate, but a potential father figure for her young daughter. Currently living at home with her mother, she says the guys she likes are more attracted to thin blond types.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    From left: Mar Ortiz and Jessica AmmonsPhoto: Lifetime

Guacamole likes this.
  2. Ctanner

Ctanner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Damn, you got me. I thought for sure this thread was the announcment of the discovery of Artie's Grinder profile.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  4. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Gross. And black women always with the wigs and the weaves. Yes the alternative is horrible, but that must be a real cunt to always have to wear that shit.

5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    That's one of those things, I will never understand.

TeeDonkey, JameGumb, Mantis and 4 others like this.
  6. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Official Sponsor...

[​IMG]

7. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    “A lot of times the guy at the bar that I typically go for — the skinny bad boy — he’s not looking at me.”

These type of chicks always seem to be attracted to me for some reason. Just the other day one was flirting with me in the grocery store and seems like every time im in a bar or back in my club days one will pick me out of the herd. They never seem to go for the heavy guys.

This one may be questionable after a night of drinking :happyhappy:
    [​IMG]

teehee likes this.
  8. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I have a friend that is very heavy. She is a great person. She is always asking me to fix her up with someone. I just say I don't have any single friends. The thing that gets me is her list of requirements, the top being NO FAT GUYS..They gross her out..:dontknow:...then she complains about people not being attracted to her ...

JameGumb, Mantis, Guacamole and 8 others like this.
  9. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    See what I mean... lol

10. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And must have perfect teeth. The good side of a Fatso is they never say no to anything.

HowiesWhorse and Dreamking like this.
  11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Better be careful - fat friends might be contagious.:snicker:

TeeDonkey, JameGumb, teehee and 5 others like this.
  12. JME

JME Active Member

Reputations:
  13. JME

JME Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

HowiesWhorse likes this.
  14. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    Standing on a street corner in Brooklyn, Sabrina Servance became alarmed when it looked as though a man next to her was about to get hit by an oncoming bus.
    She quickly stepped back to make room for the guy on the curb.
    The man caught her eye and offered a friendly “How are you?”
    “I’m OK,” the 31-year-old Bushwick resident replied before shuffling to a roomier spot. Interpreting this as a signal of Servance’s disinterest, the man grew enraged.
    “Obviously, you’re not that good; look how fat and disgusting you are,” he spat back at her.

I don't believe this story for a second. no one is THAT rude to say that to someone you don't know.

16. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    Or perfect hair.

She's working on the one thing that will never get fat. (like Beth's teeth)

yaddc likes this.
  17. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless you're in Bushwick!
    Hi Cygnus!

18. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Would her story be more believable if she said it in the character of a spiteful ex named "Mickie"?

19. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

20. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love heavy chicks, but these assholes are just losers. Good luck with those "rules" ya fuckin Goodyear blimps!

HowiesWhorse likes this.