Amazon Prime

Favorite Callers Into The Show

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Gunnar, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Not in any particular order (top two):

Rod from Bayside (RfB):

Always solid, used to prank the show in the early months as other callers (Rufus), in studio with girlfriend was really good, really up'ed his game recently with the "Tongue punch" call.

ARM:

This guy is the best prepared caller. Last night's theme song "Believe it or not..." reference back to Problem Child 3 movie is a typical example of how this guys brings it every time. The dude really knows how to riff with the boys. I wonder if ARM is the guy that called earlier in the year and did the bust-ass TLC "don't go chasing waterfalls" song?

Others:

Marvin in Virgina (MiV): Hillbilly guy from Virgina with a fused neck. I love his "quick calls". But is this Steve/Gonzo's next call-in character?

Eric from New Orleans (EnO): gift giver with an authentic accent (may drink a little).

Must mention:

Tim from Cincinnati (TfC):

early caller into show, does not know where the effiel tower is, actor/extra for 10+ years, I believe "he dead" but there he is @timinqueue on twitter.

Karen in Boston/Peabody (KiB):

singer (desperado/nick dipalo), poet (deperado/dan falato), stalker (knows everything Nick thinks and feels).

2. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    I'm not a fan of regular callers on a show, it becomes like the Stern show where they are all sycophants and/or do the same bit so they can get picked up on. But, I guess since the show takes like 3 calls a week, it makes sense that they are at least good callers.

And the answer is clearly Hanzy.

3. ARM

ARM VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    THANKS GUNNAR, that's a massive compliment, very cool of you to say! I try to bring something that I'd wanna hear as a listener. And their show is EASILY the most loose format I've ever called into and it's immensely freeing compared to even Howard's show which is fake free speech and callers as we all know. My newish thing is if I hear a sit-in guest I can vibe on I'll try to pounce on that. But they're not always opening those guys up to callers, so it's hit or miss.

Also "JYANKS" was a very steady poised good solid caller in the origins and is overdue for a comeback I hope.

BTW that WAS me singing "Waterfalls" from TLC last year! I don't know if I posted that call anywhere but I certainly have it somewhere. Thanks again man, I can't believe you actually caught that call???

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  4. Gunnar

Reputations:
    Hanzi is one of my favorite callers too. I really enjoy when he admits, reluctantly, that maybe he is crazy. But a great caller.

5. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ARM is the best actual caller, Hanzi is the best N&A Wack Packer; I think it's apples and oranges, really. Nothing beats Nick fighting with Hanzi about mosques, terrorists, drones in Pakistan, etc.

6. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    see, I think the other callers are more of a wack pack or more like jim rome callers in they have the same shtick over and over again, Hanzi is a real conversation he's just bat shit crazy. Hanzi seems like a good dude, he's just nutso, reminds me of running treatment team at a psych ward

7. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    I think most the callers SUCK ass. Always some unfunny leech calling in wanting a job.

Hanzi my favorite. crazy is always goods

Rod - cool guy, wish he pranked different shows though. Would love for you to prank Howard lol. brutal parody song

Karen - annoying as fuck, not funny

baroney- he's dying, but I like his calls

Mike from Wis- what a fucking weirdo. first off, I can't stand his accent. I want to kill myself every time I hear him talk. what makes him weird is that he's always trying to get nick and Artie to hang out with him. I remember hearing an old stern show and mike called in and offered Artie and Howard to hang out with him at his place. This was back then! Weirdo I tell you. Does he really think these guys want to fly out to Wisconsin and hang out with some random fan with a shitty accent?

there are a couple other good ones bit I don't remember their names

And a big FU to any bum callers that call in looking for a job, Rod excluded. You bums aren't even funny and more than likely you are not a hot chic. So you would be useless. sorry.

8. Gunnar

Reputations:
    I agree with what you said, but I like Karen because she meets the "crazy" requirement. Plus she is one of the original callers to N&A and not like these annoying girls that call up in a whiny (supposed to be be sexy voice).

My hope is Karen calls in followed right by the guy who starts punching the passenger headrest in his car every time she calls in.

G. Thang,

9. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I often like Hanzi--he really should lay off the weed, though--his bit about Chris Brown attacking Rihanna because she's part of the Illuminati was ROTF funny.

Rod from Bayside is my vote for best, though--I like him constantly hammering Francesa, it's like back in the day when Howard used to go after Chevy Chase instead of tonguing his arsehole.

Karen from Boston I can't stand; she bases her whole connection to the show on the fact that Rick was nice to her and her dad at one of Rick's gigs many years ago. Her voice just grates on ya.

10. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    I think we all can agree that Karen is the worst, maybe not my man Tim since he's trying to fuck her.

I

11. RODFROMBAYSIDE

RODFROMBAYSIDE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I personally love Hanzi as well, his interactions with Artie and fights with Nick are always funny. I do like Mike from Mil and how he always busts Falato's chops about the Bears and knob of the week is usually funny. Arm is great always brings it and I love how he always starts the call off with a song, he is a guy who really knows how to flow with the show. Greek was also very good when he used to call into the earlier shows. MPA would love to hear you call into the show your clearly a huge fan and seem to have definite opinions about things.

12. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    you're a good guy Rod, so it's not like I'm bashing you, I'm just not a big fan of call-in stuff in general, hanzi is different because he's so paranoid and all that paranoia has created a separate reality he lives in. I live in LA too, so I have no interest in a guy that talks about the yankees and jets being pranked. Artie likes it, lots of the fans like it so I'm in the minority, not like it ruins the show for me - that's Rick's job.

13. RODFROMBAYSIDE

Reputations:
    No worries. Even if you were bashing me no big deal everyone has a right to like what they like. But one of the reasons i prank those sports guys though especially a guy like Francesa is because he is the top rated sports personality in New York while also being a pompous ass. So I figure why not break his balls while also getting some free exposure for a show that i love.

14. RODFROMBAYSIDE

Reputations:
    And I'm right there with you on the Hanzi front to me crazy=funny/compelling

15. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    i like the ones mentioned and jenny and gonzo if not mentioned

16. RODFROMBAYSIDE

Reputations:
    Matty! Good points I forgot about Jenny and Gonzo. Gonzo's first few calls into the show were amazing he had some misfires later on but overall a very funny caller in my opinion

17. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    damn how did I forget about gonzo/Steve! one of the OG callers. loved his gonzo character, thought it was a real guy until they revealed it was an act lol

just heard the Marvin from Virginia guy and man, with that accent I think I just found my new favorite caller

18. Gunnar

Reputations:
    Jenny a good caller? Come on. I know the wrath that befalls people on this message board, if they get on Jenny's bad side, but that last call was lame-o in my opinion.

Peeps could say, that if I thought I could do better then why don't I call in.

I don't so I don't call in.

Props to the girls for C-blocking Jenny's calls.

G. Not Looking for war just expressing an opinion.

19. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    Your calls are pretty awful too Timmy, which is fine, all of the calls to the show are far worse than Rick and Artie just busting balls. But all the callers post here, so we have to pretend like they are great

20. Gunnar

Reputations:
    I wish I were TfC but sadly I am not.

The real Timmy posted here once (said I was being mean to him). I picked on the pix of TfC drinking a beer (now on my av) and hurt Timsh's feelings.

Maybe the real TfC will post here some day or call back in (with a land-line connection instead of a flaky cell phone).

Go #teamtfc

G.