Favorite Legend of Zelda game.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Gecko, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Gecko

Gecko New Member

Reputations:
    I love the "Legend of Zelda" Franchise, granted the writing is not the best, however the games are always fun and challenging at times(especially when not cheating via youtube playthroughs). I hate that the Nostalgia factor has me buy the remakes as it did with the re-release of ocarina of time on the 3ds. But If i had to choose my favorite game, it would probably be Majoras Mask.

In Majoras mask, there is something about the time factor and the fact that you have different events that become available to you in the 3 day span that you have to explore. But one thing i hate about this game.. was the introduction of Tingle.. the little freak in the elf costume...

2. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    I like Ocarina and Majora, fucking awesome immersion factor, especially stoned, but honestly, I probably spent more time on Zelda 2: Adventures Of Link than all the others combined. The Zelda series is the number one reason I bought most of the Nintendo consoles over the years...

3. Gecko

Gecko New Member

Reputations:
    I liked that game also. Honestly though I did not spend too much time on it though because I always got frustrated with the Pokemon element where you walk into a forest only to be randomly bombarded by the little shadow figures, all while I am trying to get from point A to point B. Awesome world though because you can try different routes to try and reach the end all while leveling up.

Only reason why i was able to play this game is because i was lucky enough to get the gamecube "Zelda:Collectors edition" just for subscribing for Nintendo Power. I look at the price for the game now and the disc runs for 30 bucks. 100 bucks if you want new.:facepalm:

4. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Does that have like the whole series or something? $100 is insane. I had the actual console version, late 80's. I don't currently have any console, but Itried a few EMUs...Awesome idea if any of the games actually worked besides Ocarina.

5. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    2D: A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening.
    3D: Wind Waker.

6. Gecko

Gecko New Member

Reputations:
    The gamecube disc comes with only 4 games of the series and a preview gameplay of Wind Waker(like 10 minutes long). "The Legend of Zelda"(NES), "Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link", Majoras Mask, and Ocarina of Time are the only ones on there. My cousin actually has all the emulated games on his PC and they work fine, he also plays it through his xbox control. I would get the emulated versions of the games but I have a Mac, which I kind of regret because I can't do much as I would with a PC.

Wind waker I got and Link to the Past on the SNES. Awesome games, i did not know how to beat Ganon for the longest in Wind Waker, I literally took 30 min like a dumbass to figure out his weakness in one of his balloon forms.

7. Henry Gale

Henry Gale New Member

Reputations:
    I only own nintendos for the zelda series. all the games are great, but I just want to drop some props to twilight princess on the Wii. exceptional gameplay and good use of the motion. played it through 3 times.