News Feds get into ragheads phone....Tells Apple to hit the bricks

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    FBI has gotten into iPhone used by San Bernardino shooter, no longer needs Apple’s help
    BY Nancy Dillon, Sasha Goldstein
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Monday, March 28, 2016, 11:01 PM
    [​IMG] ERIK S. LESSER/EPA
    The FBI has accessed the iPhone (not shown) used by San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook.
    The FBI has found its way into a locked iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino shooters, allowing the feds to drop a court case against Apple compelling the tech giant to break into the cell phone.
    "The FBI is currently reviewing the information on the phone, consistent with standard investigatory procedures," the Justice Department said in a statement after a Monday court filing announced the breakthrough.
    The new filing, minus details of who got into the phone and how, comes just a week after the FBI said it had found a possible way into the device, used by Syed Farook and owned by his employer, San Bernardino County.
    The agency had worked fruitlessly since the Dec. 2 terror attack to break into the phone and had gone to court to compel Apple to come up with new technology to hack into the device it manufactures.
    Apple refused, citing privacy concerns and sparking a public back-and-forth on issues of security and privacy.
    "This case should never have been brought," the tech giant said in a statement released Monday night.
    "We will continue to help law enforcement with their investigations, as we have done all along, and we will continue to increase the security of our products as the threats and attacks on our data become more frequent and more sophisticated."
    FBI HAS NEW WAY TO HACK INTO IPHONE WITHOUT APPLE'S HELP
    FBI Assistant Director in Charge David Bowdich wouldn’t reveal how the agents cracked into the phone but said "the full exploitation of the phone and follow-up investigative steps are continuing."
    "My law enforcement partners and I made a commitment to the victims of the 12/2 attack in San Bernardino and to the American people that no stone would be left unturned in this case," he added.
    [​IMG] US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION / HANDOUT/EPA
    Syed Rizwan Farook (R) and Tashfeen Malik (L) carried out the shooting massacre Dec. 2 in San Bernardino, Calif.
    The government was expected to argue in court that it has a valid warrant to search the cell phone found in Farook's black Lexus after the massacre - and that the All Writs Act of 1789 gave the court the power to force Apple's cooperation.
    Apple, meanwhile, was expected to argue that forcing it to create a "backdoor" capable of bypassing the phone's encryption would set a dangerous precedent and undermine security for millions of users.
    The company had claimed the All Writs Act doesn't apply and new legislation is needed. It also has argued that computer code is a form of speech, and forcing the company to rewrite or weaken an operating system would violate its First Amendment rights.
    "If the government can use the All Writs Act to make it easier to unlock your iPhone, it would have the power to reach into anyone's device to capture your data," Cook said in a letter to users last month.
    "The government could extend this breach of privacy and demand that Apple build surveillance software to intercept your messages, access your health records or financial data, track your location, or even access your phone's microphone or camera without knowledge," he wrote.
    Federal officials have scoffed at this doomsday scenario. They say Apple has complied with search warrants enforced under the All Writs Act in the past, and if the company is allowed to push back now, the public will have to change its expectations about law enforcement.
    Terrorists Farook, 28, and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, 27, killed 14 people in the massacre at a holiday party.

DogStar69, RenchFries and Slow like this.
  2. Moon

Moon Active Member

Reputations:
    Fuckin' hideous Hajis.

3. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So theyre using this thing called the All Writs Act of 1789.

Why doesnt government just get a warrant, are they scared that they'll be denied?

When I was working for this one bank, we had received one of the infamous NSL letters and we complied though I argued against it.

In our case, either they knew they didnt have enough evidence to get a warrant or maybe they just wanted to avoid any oversight.

GoshGeeGolly and RenchFries like this.
  4. bobblebooey

bobblebooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  5. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Look at the bitch he was married to. I would have blown myself up if I had to look at that face every morning.

6. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ugly cunts in that picture

Head Censor and RenchFries like this.
  7. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's about time.

The dorks on CSI Cyber would have solved it in 42 minutes.

[​IMG]

8. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    Im glad the fbi was able to get into the phone. It disturbed me that apple refused to help.

Runaway, BleedingGums and RenchFries like this.
  9. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Srs?

Scarlett Ohara, cg256 and EndOfLine like this.
  10. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

Just in case there were other people involved, I wouldnt want them to get away with it

11. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Fuck apple

Hopefully this leads the feds to someone else and potentially saves some lives

babybear and RenchFries like this.
  12. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    no one did, probably not even apple. read Tim Cook's statement about it. It was on the apple home page for a long time.

EndOfLine likes this.
  13. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
  14. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    I hope some pics leak of that slobs vag. This was great PR for how strong Apple's security was. Looks like that backfired. I have no problem with the FBI gaining access with PROPER warrant, but not some unlimited back door no warrant patriot act bullshit.

15. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Srs?

Bye You! likes this.
  16. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    It's a slippery slope, Govt has a long history of abusing privileges.

17. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    I'd fuck her

18. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

Thats very true but I dont want terrorists to get away with anything.

GoshGeeGolly, Head Censor and PI Nate like this.
  19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I understand. :lo5:

GoshGeeGolly and Head Censor like this.
  20. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    As long as they have physical access to the device with a warrant I see no problem. But a back door they can fuck off.

Abner Devereaux and shitba like this.