Female student carries a mattress everywhere she goes after ‘rapist’ isn’t expelled

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by NotMyBro, Sep 5, 2014.

1. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Ivy student carries mattress everywhere after ‘rapist’ isn’t expelled

A Columbia student who is shlepping a dorm mattress everywhere she goes on campus to protest the university’s lack of action against a student she says raped her is putting the stunt to good use.

Senior Emma Sulkowicz said her bid to raise awareness and put pressure on the university will be her senior thesis.

“I was raped in my own dorm bed, and since then that space has become fraught for me,” Sulkowicz, 21, said in a video. “I feel like I’ve carried the weight of what happened there with me everywhere since then.”

Sulkowicz and at least two other students have accused a fellow senior of sexual assault, but the university found him “not responsible” in all the cases.

Frustrated over the outcome, she filed a report with the NYPD, and is one of 23 students involved in a federal complaint against Columbia for allegedly failing to protect them.

[​IMG]
    Photo: Columbia Spectator

Sulkowicz said campus officials never took her seriously after she waited eight months to report the August 2012 alleged attack, which she admitted happened after she had consensual sex with the student two previous times.
    Sulkowicz said the third session got out of hand when he got rough with her, slapping her and pinning her down when she told him repeatedly to stop.

Sulkowicz said she will cart her twin-sized mattress to class, the library and anywhere else on campus until her alleged attacker is either suspended or expelled.

“A mattress is the perfect size for me to just be able to carry it, enough that I can continue with my day but also heavy enough that I have to continually struggle with it,” she told the Columbia Spectator. “The piece could potentially take a day or go on until I graduate.”

Columbia declined to comment on Sulkowicz’s project or complaint.
    http://nypost.com/2014/09/02/ivy-student-carries-mattress-after-alleged-rapist-isnt-expelled/

smichal, ZevonFan and joyceface like this.
  2. Patron

Patron Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Guilty

3. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    … of mental illness. What a nut job! And that mattress and the article should be a fair warning to anyone who wants to go out with her or hire her for a job. Her Columbia degree will be useless.

4. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    :yes:

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I guess he never called again.

6. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so, she was asking for it....

7. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know what to think anymore. The word "rape" is being used like the word "racist" now.

Shivvy, Cunt, Fawkesguy and 15 others like this.
  8. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Obviously rape is a horrible thing.
    Just like a mugging is a horrible thing,
    But if I got mugged, I'd get over it.
    I wouldn't carry around with me the rest of my life and let it define me as a victim .
    Fuckin society of goddamned pussies.
    I'm gonna go smoke some pot

HowiesWhorse, Cunt, MrPACS and 4 others like this.
  9. Patron

Patron Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Really?....some big black fucks you in the ass and you shake it off?

10. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    Now she's just asking for it. Im sure rapists prefer a mattress over itchy grass and pavement scrapes. By the looks of her they're going to have to deal with a prickly bush regardless.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  11. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know why you had to get racist about it

12. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem with mentally unstable bitches like this one crying wolf about changing her mind after the fact makes it more of an uphill battle for victims of actual rape.

13. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Pelicanman likes this.
  14. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Except that nobody gets arrested after being accused of having made a racist remark. All a woman needs to do to put a man in a world of trouble is make a rape accusation. The policy in this society is to arrest first and investigate later. And even if a man is able to prove that he didn't commit rape, the woman usually walks away unpunished.

Men in our society live on the thin edge of disaster.

15. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have a buddy that went to ASU and he would hide a videocamera under a pile of clothes and document each conquest. One girl actually went and filed a rape complaint with the local PD after he hadn't spoken with her for a while. He's like "wait a fucking minute" and scoured the videotape to see if he'd done something offensive. They were both sober.

The videotape showed her jumping, climbing and grunting on him - having the time of her life - then sucking down his waterbottle from the nightstand when the act was complete. So he confronted her that he had proof it was bullshit, but the mistake he made was not first talking to an attorney and letting it slip that he had a videotape proving she was full of shit. Next thing he's got a knock at the door at 6am and its two detectives investigating a complaint she filed about being videotaped without her consent. Some chicks are just fucking nuts.

16. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Performance art piece? Fucking retarded bitch.

Fuck off, attention whore.

And stop dying your hair, you retard.

NotMyBro, Mantis and kingship like this.
  17. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Let me tell you a little story? I once knew a guy who could have been a great golfer, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to college instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean...

18. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Your confused...She was the Mayor's daughter....And it was on a football field.....But you got the age right.....Pinto....

FlatTimmy likes this.
  19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Are you Ty Webb? :lmao:

telecaster and Vashier like this.
  20. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He fucked her twice before. He went for the Hat Trick, and then 8 months later, she decides to go to the cops?

Bat Shit Crazy. Let her carry around her mattress. Eventually, she won't be in college, and I'm sure everyone of her prospective employers are curious to see what she's going to do next as they take a pass on her.

NotMyBro likes this.