Few Random Thoughts About the Show

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Jan 30, 2013.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just some stuff I was thinking about.

The show has improved in some ways without Nick there. The flow is a lot better. Artie will let callers and guests talk without cutting them off for breaks, which Nick did constantly. The callers especially. Artie lets them hang on the line while they discuss whatever they called about instead of cutting them off as soon as they get the question/comment out of their mouths. Artie needs to take more calls though. Artie lets the comedians hang out in the studio, which is always great. (Except for the ones who suck and Artie is just humoring them.)

Speaking of humoring the guests, that is something that I don't like about the show now. Because Artie is the sole host now, he has no choice but to kiss every guests' ass. The show with that black model chick was a disgrace. "You should be a comedian." WTF? If that had been back in the day it would have been Nick doing the usual lame interview and Artie would have been busting her chops the whole time. He never would have let her get away with that bullshit. What a stupid cunt she was. They really should let Artie have more control over who gets booked for the show. I really think that the bosses told Artie to tame his humor somewhat. It seems to me that there are a lot less "controversial" jokes (racial, women-hating, fag, etc).

Is anyone else getting burnt out on the Bocchetti bits where he reads stuff? Maybe I need to have Directv to appreciate the visual. I don't blame Mike for that though, Artie doesn't know when to retire a bit. (Playing two audio clips over each other got pretty tedious after awhile.)

Does anyone else think that Artie will make it to the end of the contract? Most people around here think he's going to fuck it up somehow, but I think being put in charge was something he needed. Maybe finally having total responsibility for a show and the many people that are associated with the show is good for him and he'll rise to the challenge. I hope, anyway. The fact that he's discussing marriage and kids with Adrienne is a good sign, maybe he's grown up?

Anyway, even with some flaws, this show is still some of the best entertainment you'll find anywhere. I'll be listening until it's over.

2. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Don't get married Artie!!!!!!! :cuss:

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah tell me about it. Divorce is on the horizon for me. But if it keeps him from killing himself, fuck it he should go for it.

4. therock

therock New Member

Reputations:
    That could also trigger him towards it as well, you heard about that huge fight he had with her in Paris when he got arrested! :(

5. EricThMidgetSux

EricThMidgetSux New Member

Reputations:
    I saw a few minutes last night, he actually looked coherent and isn't that bad a casual interviewer.

6. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Kev, very insightful. Great to hear what a true fan has to say.

I agree with your Bocchetti points. I now have DirecTV and I think they should pull-back on the Mike B. Bits. Maybe Artie could write some decent material for Mike and have him do less of it.

Guns,

7. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    There is only a little bit of Mikey on the show, I think they should do more with him, he's great.

8. FrankWhite

FrankWhite New Member

Reputations:
    I can't speak for the man like I know him but I agree with you. On Stern Artie had the ability to sit there and slack off/chime in every now and then. Putting him as the main guy forces him to facilitate conversations and still be on his toes comedy wise.

I love the Bochetti bits, mainly because Artie's reactions are priceless. But I do think he needs a permanent co host to work off of (and I don't think Stover is the guy).

9. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The whole point of marriage in the old days was declaring a woman as your property. Now it's all about giving all your property to the woman. :facepalm:

I may sound like a throwback, but imagine how many jobs there would be if women stayed in the fucking kitchen. :)

10. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear it (divorce) Kev.

Hang in there dude.

Great thread btw.

Gunnar,

11. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    I been loving his English accent, that's some funny shit.

12. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Having directv really does make the bochetti bits more comical, if I was listening on the radio and didnt get to see mike all flustered and making hand gestures it wouldnt be as entertaining. I like the bochetti bits but not when artie gets mean spirited about it, sometimes I wonder if mike is all smiles and laughs on the show but in reality goes home and feels down on himself from the constant ball busting. I wonder how much nick is kicking himself right now, they are all down there partying it up and having a blast and he's probably at home in pajama pants crying with his head in his wifes lap over the dream job that he pissed away. Im envious of that job everytime I watch the show it looks fun as hell, I can only imagine how it feels to of had it only to blow your opportunity over something completely stupid.

13. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I wondered the same thing about Mike, but I think he's been around comedy long enough to understand.
    I Nick would be pretty miserable now.
    I see all of the Mike bits they put on youtube and I love all of it - I hope they do more with him.

14. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  15. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, some of the callers suck, especially Karen from Boston and the idiots who call about their stupid screenplay or the ones who write shitty song parodies. But some of the best moments from the show have been callers. There's a show from last year I was listening to recently, from the summer after Artie got back from Paris. Some jerkoff from North Carolina called in to bust Artie's balls: "I heard we had a little international incident in the City of Lights. An American Guttersnipe in Paris." For some reason I always laugh my ass off at that guy. Hanzi, Rod, Gonzo; all good callers. That Steve from Queens prick shouldn't have let on that he was Gonzo so that he could keep calling in.

16. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    At this point, I really wouldn't care if they just let Hanzi, Rod from Bayside and the man himself ARM call in. They are all solid callers, and I like Hanzi enough that I would almost want to see him replacing Rick. I wish I saved all of the old show podcasts, but back when Rick and Hanzi were arguing about that mosque and it got really heated, Rick threw it in Hanzi's face that he was just a caller. He responded by telling Rick that he would be calling into the show after Artie was done with him, or something along those lines. I would give anything if I could find that clip, but Hanzi can apparently predict the future.

17. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Hanzi the fat, crazy, pot smoking, fortune telling pakastani. That should be the lead in the next dumb fuck that calls with a screen play.