Finally cut the Sirius Cord

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jyanks, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I tried to cancel after Howard pissed on us & Sirius gave me 1 year free.
    My free year recently ended, and Sirius tried to charge my credit card. But I've since changed my account, so they couldn't bill me.
    They've called me twice to update my credit card & I finally cancelled.
    They finally shut off my signal & I couldn't listen in my car this morning. And I tried to logon to my online accouunt & no dice.
    So I am officially done with my relationship with Sirius.
    Kinda sad - I think I'm going to miss the music most of all.

2. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Don't look back

3. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    I listen mostly for the afternoon shuffle on 101

4. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    :secret:There are better ways to get howard and his two shows in the past 3 weeks.

Even when i paid, i didnt listen though sirius.

And im not talking Simcards...

5. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you really want to listen to the show, get the Shoutcast app for your phone.
    They tried the same billing bullshit with me. I say fuck those fucking fucks.

6. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can still download satellite shows on bit torrents sites, and if you own an ipod you no longer need sattelite radio. Especially with the rise of podcasts as well as the blog talk radio site (check it out guys, tons of podcasts and while they are hit or miss you can find any genre you could imagine)

7. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    That is kinda sad....I like the Stern Show Shuffle on 101, because it reminds me of how great the show was back in the day. I also like a lot of the music stations, so I am not sure I'd cancel my subscription if Howard left.

8. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I also think that Shoutcast broadcasts the west coast feed in the morning, which I listen to at work on occasion.

9. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    perpetually sign up for the 1 week trial and you will be back in business.

10. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    :lo5:
    Works like a champ on my phone.

Congrats jyanks! They bled me for two subs for more than 7 years. Not anymore, :no:

11. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a shame, today's show was the best in a long time seemed like back to the early days of Sirius, especially as Artie sat in for the whole show.

12. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think I will miss Howard, as he has sunk so low in the past year. He's barely on at this point, so no loss there.
    But I will miss the music while driving in my car. That is a big loss for me.
    I turned on 104.3 in NY & I heard only 2 songs for my 35 min drive. The rest were all commercials!

13. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...they do.

14. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    do you have to drive in to the City from NJ? That's a bitch. I used to take the train into Penn and then the A train to Park.

15. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No, I'm temporarily working in NJ, so it's a quick commute. But my job will be back in the NYC within the next 6 months, so it will be back to my 1 hour + bus ride! Oh well, at least I can sleep!

16. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    You arent going to miss the music.... Or at least you shouldnt, there are thousands of free, and better, music channels to pick from...

Btw... Sirius are some hardcore mo' fockers... They are gonna chase your ass to get ya back.... I havent been a sub for over two years and they still email, snail mail, and call me...

17. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    :eek:

Just curious but what are parking costs for a month in the city :scratch:

18. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Did you tell them your quitting because howard no longer works for them?

I did! I said Howchie will stop working Thurdsays soon, and theres no way im paying for such a light work schedule

I also bitched at them for being cheap and not resigning bubba (although i heard bubba in the 90's locally, he was much better back then. Lesbian Tuesdays, No panty thursday and fat philly friday come to mind...)

19. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I haven't had to park in the city recently, but the costs are outrageous. You can get a monthly or weekly rate that will save you some money, but that is a small consolation. If you are lucky, you work for a company with deep enough pockets that they will foot the bill for you, or will reimburse some or all of your costs.

20. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Sorry you had to go thru that with Sirius...I never had a problem or issue with my accounts....(billed monthly)
    I never called to cancel after hearing so many fans got a free month or a YEAR like you did!!!

Thing is as BAD as the show has been this year (actually the last 2yrs)..it's all we have ....nothing else to listen to on Terrestrial....
    like u say in your post....the music channels on Sirius are amazing!!! and I listen to Deepak Chopra and a few other channels...mostly music.
    WHEN Howard is on vacation....it's a nice change.
    I guess some of us are still LOYAL to Howard & Co. After 24 years waking up to Howard it's pretty tuff NOT TO!
    With the replays the show WASs on in my home office 24/7.....HOWEVER the past 2 years I no longer listen at night....there's NOTHING on H101...
    Tim STILL trying to program that channel going into year # 7??? :facepalm:

I'm hoping after AGT ends tonight,,,,, Howard will once again find SOMETHING more interesting to TALK ABOUT....and COMPLAIN ABOUT....
    like American Idol....
    or the Voice...
    or the XFactor....shows he WISHED he was a judge on!!!;)

Something tells me on Monday morning he's going to TORTURE US AGAIN with clips from LAST TUESDAY's WRAP UP SHOW :rolleye:
    "Robin did you hear Ronnie on the WRAP UP SHOW???"

.....let's pray NBC doesn't invite Howard back again next year!! THEN I WILL end MY 24yr relationship with the show....It was sheer torture every fucking day ...AND the AGT callers!! (ringer calls no doubt) NO WAY Howard was into any of those medicore "acts"..except maybe those amazing Dogs...
    and that Painter dude!! The comedian?? he sucked imo....
    If Howard wasn't on the show he would be goofing on them saying how bad they sucked! ;)

like he does with AI..he USED TO LOVE American Idol....( let's see if ETM calls in this year with AI updates! always loved that!!)

Lobster Tails! You're so right about Artie ! If you remember the first 3 years on Sirius with Artie.....they were the BEST YEARS!!
    UNTIL Howard started turning his MIC OFF!!!! (the wheezing...constant interruptions ....and Artie bogart-ing the show!!)....finally FIRE-ing him!!
    I LOVE those tapes from the first 4 years!
    It's the last 2 that SUCK!
    Lack of creative writing....no new ideas.....(oh except using the impression contest winners ..VERY clever!)
    but mostly what ruined the show for me is playing Re-caps of the previous days WRAP UP SHOW.....every fucking day he opens the show with WUS replays.....like we need to hear those whiney (annoying) yenta's bickering with each other....PHONY fights to use as CONTENT for the next days show!
    another great idea of Benjy's??? They're all soooooooo lazy!!
    and I guess Howard could care less.....
    ....we're the suckers!!

Rant over
    thank you
    peace & love