Finally finished watching "Dexter"

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by RenchFries, Feb 4, 2014.

1. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Shitiest ending of a show EVER. Have I been watching this for 8 years for it to end like this? I feel robbed.

Breakdown (spoilers):
    I don't get why they re-introduced Hannah halfway into the season. That just came completely out of the blue. The thing that pisses me off the most is Debra's death, which was completely unnecessary. It didn't drive any point home. It overshadowed everything else and just made everything about the ending sad and depressing. And why dump her into the ocean? Now everyone else is going to wonder what the hell happened with her and she doesn't get the proper funeral she deserves. It just sucked.

There were so many other ways to end it in a more satisfactory way. Everything about the last couple of episodes of this last season feels like sloppy writing. On top of that, they left us with a shitty an open ending, which is bullshit. A show that has been running for this long should not have an open ending, not with so many things that can still potentially happen.

The writers of Breaking Bad did it right. The writers of this show ruined the legacy.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    Gave up before the last season.

The John Lithgow season was epic television IMO.

TY.

[​IMG]

3. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Yes it was. One of the best seasons of any TV show ever.

In hindsight, the show started losing its momentum after the 4th season. Season 1, 2 and 4 were exceptional.

I really feel what they did with the last episode is a huge "fuck you" to the audience.

4. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I watched the series from the beginning and abandoned it, two episodes into the last season.

Those last two seasons were so bad, I don't even care how it ended.

5. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Good. Keep it that way. The ending pretty much ruined the show for me. They let it go on for way too long and the writing got sloppy and shitty all over the place. One of the best things about Breaking Bad is that they got out while they were ahead.

I'm still angry about it.

[​IMG]

6. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    The writers stopped following the books and started writing their own story lines.

7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Yeah, but didn't they do that from the very beginning? Wasn't Dokes around longer in the books than the series?

8. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    True but at least they kept somewhat to the books, after Rita they went completely off the reservation

9. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    That whole Lumen plot line was fucking ponderous. After the Lithgow season, they should've ended it. And by "ended it," I mean Dexter should've been forced to go on the run, get captured, put on death row and executed...on a table, just as his victims met their end.

I'm sure it ended nowhere near like that. And the number of people who ended up finding out about him? Ridiculous. And the way that no federal agents or local police had any idea it was him (besides Dokes)?

I can only suspend disbelief to a point. Dexter went way beyond that point. Shame too. Was a pretty good show.

10. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I won't spoil anything for you, but no, it didn't end anywhere near like that.

The main idea around the start of the last season was good; it kinda brought everything full-circle. But then halfway in, they hooked into a storyline from a couple of seasons ago (that seemed to me not a major enough to base the ending of the entire series on), like they were suddenly out of ideas. The final conclusion was horrible, horrible, horrible. I hate the show now.

11. Psyche

Psyche Freethinker

Reputations:
    yep. It all went downhill post-trinity.

Shittiest finale ever.

12. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Glad I'm not the only one.