Shop Now At Amazon

"Fiscal Cliff" Discussion...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by NotMyBro, Dec 28, 2012.

1. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So, everywhere you look, they're all talking about "fiscal cliff" and its implications. I came across this pic that perfectly sums it all up:

[​IMG]

So the only question is... how far can we prop up this ceiling before the roof collapses?

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At eBay
  3. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm waiting to hear what Howard thinks about it before I form an opinion.

4. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    lol :)

5. joe361

joe361 Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard invented cliffs and fiscals.

6. InstigatinMofo

InstigatinMofo Active Member

Reputations:
  7. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard: Why would these people with all this money go anywhere near a cliff? You have a beautiful home, stay there and stare at a wall. It's much safer than hanging around cliffs all day long. Who do you think you are? Steve-O?

Disembodied voice of Robin: I was just gonna say, "Do they think they're Steve-O?"

8. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this really is a great explanation of what we're facing. we should not raise the debt ceiling...then we must make a concerted effort to raise more revenue and most importantly cut spending. spending should be automatically cut 10% across the board on ALL programs from the military to section 8 and welfare. taxes should be raised on all INCOME (not estate or investment)above $500,000 a year. we should also eliminate the cap on social security taxes from $111,000 to $1,000,000.

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    yea but raising the ceiling has to do with past spending bills, not future ones.
    its not conservative to default on promises made

i'm for no income tax, but its bizarre to screw over 99% of the country, in order to save a marble for howard

10. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    good points. everyone say they want to rid our debt, but no one wants their taxes raised, and no one wants spending cut where it benefits them.
    i like how you say 'military" cuts rather then "defense" cuts, because you can make military cuts without sacrificing defense

11. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town VIP

Reputations:
    Well, we could bring the troops home for starters.

I know, crazy talk.

This fiscal cliff sure sounds alot like what Newt Gingrich did to Clinton. We heard headed for total collapse back then. I'm confident we'll see a last minute agreement.

12. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love USA. The greatest country in the world. I wish I lived there and I am thankful for all the sacrifices that the US people have done for the world. There are to many lefty retards in the world that don't understand USA and believes that US wants to occupy oil and so on. Its so retarded.. It would have been cheaper for USA to buy all the oil in the world then go into war for it.

The problem is that USA have to high moral. Steal the fucking oil! Charge Kuwait 100 billion for that you helped them. Stop all foreign aid (exempt Israel that loves US and helps fighting terrorism).

The question I ask as a non American.
    Do the general population in USA understand why USA have financial problems?

1) Over 50% of the budget on military without any threat against USA. No one will invade USA mainland.
    2) Immigration, especially low educated illegal immigrants. The unemployment can't mathematically go down with 4-5 million immigrants each year. Stop non essential immigration for 10 years and the unemployment would be cut in half or more.

Less unemployed = more people who pay tax.

BTW. In my country the lowest tax rate on work is 75%. Fucking slavery. And its the immigrants that gets all the money. Equal like USA would take 5 million Somalis that can't even turn on a lamp or understand a watch. How can they ever get a work and contribute. They just sit home. Gets benefits that are double then the people who have pension (and payed for it their whole life)

13. isabella

Reputations:
    i think you mentioned that you're swedish....your country is in trouble and i feel for you. what was once a thriving nation with very generous social programs and a wonderful standard of living(but with high taxes) for it's citizens is being cannibalized (almost literally) by inviting the dregs of the planet into sweden. i've read that crime has skyrocketed and certain cities like malmo are war zones.
    i need to know whose idea was it to import the somalis and muslims?

btw, if any country wants us to defend them, let them pay us for the privilege.

14. renchfrieswith

renchfrieswith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That sounds really fucking familiar.

It's kinda the same as the Netherlands. We have a lot of Muslims here (Europe's biggest mosque is in Rotterdam) and mostly Morrocans are the ones that cause a lot of trouble. We opened our borders to anyone for a while in the 70's. It didn't matter if you didn't have any education or credentials. Everyone was welcome. Most fucking retarded idea ever. We have people who have lived here for over 30 years and still don't speak a single Dutch word. A lot of them live on the free money they get from the government and they also get their healthcare for free.

But yeah, who can blame them? €1250 ($1650) a month is enough to live very comfortably, especially when you can sit on your ass all day.

And I'm paying for that goddamn fucking horse shit. I do it when I pay income tax for working an honest job, pay 21% tax on everything I buy, pay €600 a year in taxes for just owning a car, and pay 45% tax on every gallon of gas I throw into my fucking car :cuss:

My old man has a good senior-level job and makes a very decent living, and when he told me how much income tax he pays, It almost knocked me over. Almost half of what he makes goes away.

15. isabella

Reputations:
    why were they "invited" in to your country? for misguided humanitarian reasons or a need for labor? this is happening to every first world/western culture.....it will be our downfall. nothing good will come from these policies and the costs are too much for us.

16. dalecooper

dalecooper Active Member

Reputations:
    Social mobility is at an all time low in the US because the people at the top have gotten amazingly good at keeping wealth in the family, even when their offspring are useless retards.

Estate taxes should be over 90% above a certain level. It will help prevent having to raise taxes on people who actually work for their money, and will help reduce the historically unusual (for the US) class stratification. Also from an economic point of view, it's far better for growth if you are taking taxes from something unproductive (being born to rich parents) vs. something productive (working or investing).

Obviously spending is the much bigger part of the equation but I'm just talking about the revenue side of things.

17. Pissed_on_Fan

Pissed_on_Fan Active Member

Reputations:
    But most importantly, what does Beth'sFutureChild think of all this?

18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Spoken like someone who will never have two nickles to rub together his entire life and whose parents probably blew it on booze and vacations. If someone wants to save their money and worked for it it's their damn business what happens to it when they die. They already paid their taxes on the income it came from. Scare them off to live elsewhere and you will starve. They're not your debt-slaves. Cut the fucking spending pronto or face economic collapse, at which point you'll be remembering the good old days when you had a shitty job. There isn't enough income from high wealth/high income people to even come close to solving the problem. Any idiot who can be bothered to look up the numbers would know that. But please, keep solving our problems w/o doing any fucking research first. You're amazing.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I want to add one thing to the above piece of paper:

Uncle George went out and spent a ton of money on your credit card on stuff you can't return. You're stuck with the shit he bought and, even worse, the stuff he bought requires you to dump even more money into it because the stuff has a bunch of problems.

I'm no Obama fan, but dammit, we were put in a helluva hole. Is Obama doing much to stop it? Nope. How are those wars going? How many Wall Street assholes are in prison after having their goodies seized? We could go on and on about shitty Obama shit.

But damn, only a Republican can take a budget surplus with the real possibility of debt retirement and turn it into a monstrous deficit and an incredible debt.

20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Shot Dead

Reputations:
    As long as the rest of the world lets us. And not a day more.

21. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Shot Dead

Reputations: