Flight Attendant Warns Travelers To Flush Their WEED

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Aug 1, 2014.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    n-AIRPLANE-LAVATORY-large570.jpg

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — An Australian airline apologized on Wednesday for a warning a flight attendant gave passengers who might have been flying high that there were drug-sniffer dogs awaiting them at Sydney airport.

Many of the 210 passengers aboard the Jetstar flight from Gold Coast city on Sunday night had attended the Splendour in the Grass weekend music festival at Byron Bay and were returning home.

"We have been told there are sniffer dogs and quarantine officers waiting in the domestic terminal," Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper on Wednesday quoted the attendant as telling passengers via the Airbus A320's public address system.

"If you need to dispose of anything you shouldn't have, we suggest you flush it now," he added.

The newspaper said the warning prompted passengers to rush for the toilets.

Jetstar spokesman Stephen Moynihan confirmed the newspaper report was accurate. He said the public response to the announcement had been "mixed."

The airline said it routinely makes quarantine announcements on such flights that cross state borders.

"The crew member's words were poorly chosen and are plainly at odds with the professional standards we'd expect from our team," Jetstar said in a statement. "We apologize to customers offended by the comments."

Jetstar said it was "addressing the matter with the cabin crew member involved," but did not detail any potential disciplinary action.

One passenger told the newspaper several passengers suddenly made for the toilets with "things clenched in their hands."

"Why would you tip people off about this?" the passenger, who was not named, asked." If they have got something illegal, let them get caught."

But the response on Jetstar's Facebook page was largely positive.

"What a good Samaritan, Jetstar Australia this guy deserves a promotion," Rohit Dwivedi posted.

"Of course you should warn your passengers to help avoid them being humiliated, locked in a cage or fined," Jebediah Cole posted.

Australian Federal Police declined on Wednesday to comment.

2. P-B

P-B Honourary Canuck Gold

Reputations:
    Just another reason to drive everywhere.

3. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes! Let's drive to Australia.

XuXu likes this.
  5. P-B

P-B Honourary Canuck Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Wainegro likes this.
  6. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    the blue ice on that plane will be potent.

Bye You! likes this.
  7. Chigs

Chigs The finest in the Nation VIP

Reputations:
    Silly the panic created by stupid laws regarding a little plant.

8. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So I heard a good church going folk from West Virginia today saying a prayer that Coal was put on this earth by god and is man's right to use it with His blessing. How would marijuana be any different?

Dirty South likes this.
  9. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    good for her. such great customer service.

i used to fly from az to detroit with a couple OZ of weed in my luggage a couple times a year. long haired hippie type. i never had any problems.

i got out of basic training with a buzz cut. as i was standing at the check in counter, they pulled me out of line and searched me and my carry on luggage. not sure if they looked at my luggage, luggage.

fortunately for me, i was heading to the weed, and didn't have any with me. it was an interesting experience. i always figured they'd frisk the hippie looking fuckers but they ended up going for the all american buzz cut kid.

i certainly feel safe.
    :jj:

10. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    I can understand. Australia certainly frowns on people getting intoxicated.

11. Reggae Mistress

Reggae Mistress Old Catcher's Mitt

Reputations:
    I have been on many international flights and cruises where we were instructed to destroy all illegal substances before landing or docking :dontknow: