News Florida: Mom Speaks About Murder Of Her Twins And Father

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Nov 29, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Florida mom recounts grisly triple murder-suicide that she survived
    [​IMG]
    Megan Hiatt was the only survivor of a murder-suicide which left her twin daughters, father and ex-boyfriend dead. (gofundme.com/meganrosehiatt)

Megan Hiatt’s hair was “caked in the blood of my daughters, the blood of my father and the blood of Rush. It’s all in there,” she told First Coast News.

The 22-year-old Florida woman said she had the realization six days after her ex-boyfriend, Gawain Rushane “Rush” Wilson, entered Hiatt’s Jacksonville home on Nov. 20, gunned down her father, killed her twin 5-month-old daughters, shot her multiple times and then killed himself.

“She had to crawl through her babies’ blood, then through the shooter’s blood, and to her dad to hear his last words"

- Melissa Bateh

“She had to crawl through her babies’ blood, then through the shooter’s blood, and to her dad to hear his last words,” Hiatt’s mother, Melissa Bateh, told First Coast News. “He wanted her to tell her brother that he was the best son ever and he loved him. That was God’s hand.”

The hand that held the gun belonged to the 28-year-old Wilson, a Navy man and the biological father of the twin girls, Hayden and Kayden.

“’Mama, he killed them,’” Bateh said, recounting Hiatt’s words. “’He killed them in my arms. He made me hold them when he killed them. He made me watch.’”

In the days since the grisly crime, Wilson’s history as a serial domestic abuser has come to light. Danielle Johnson, who told First Coast News she dated Wilson about two years ago, was asked after the couple broke up whether she thought he was capable of killing someone. She said she replied, “Yes.”

“I felt guilty because I dropped the ball,” said Johnson, who recalled one occasion when Wilson threatened her with an AK-47. “I was supposed to go get a permanent injunction and meet with a lot of other people and I didn’t because I was scared. But I wish I had – especially now.”

Wilson was primarily a verbal abuser, and mostly in private. In public, Hiatt and Johnson spoke of a charming man who would buy flowers and dote on his dates. But at home, Wilson would change, taunting, demeaning and belittling his girlfriends.

“The babies were 3 days old and he would ask, ‘When are you going to start losing weight?’” Bateh said. “[Hiatt] hadn’t even left the NICU.”

Hiatt said Wilson called her a “whore” and “lazy” because she was a stay-at-home mom.

Finally, Hiatt left Wilson – but not before he talked his way into one final, fatal meeting.

“All he wanted was to see the girls and see me before we left,” Hiatt said.

Hiatt’s father, Travis Hiatt, was at the house helping her pack when Wilson arrived, “agitated.” Before long he grabbed the gun and unleashed the unspeakable massacre.

Megan is still in the hospital dealing with physical scars – gunshot wounds to her face, wrist, mid-section and leg.

And emotional scars, too.

For instance: Wilson never let Hiatt cut her hair, the hair that was now “caked” in the blood of his victims.

That changed when Kimberly Clarke, who owns a salon in San Marco, heard about Hiatt’s story and immediately drove to her hospital room to trim, wash and style Hiatt’s hair.

“I feel pretty,” Hiatt said.

2. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Gawain Wilson

image.jpg

3. JessOnCrack

JessOnCrack Check out my maniacal laugh! Banned User

Reputations:
    Damn, that's horrible

Summer likes this.
  4. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    There's a special place in hell for that motherfucker.

MadWoman777 and piledriver123 like this.
  5. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ladies ladies ladies

Mudsharking is not the answer for the love of all things holy

I hear the Asians like thick white girls

Edit to add @isabella please read the article

6. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    They called it Tallahassee, but now he's just dead.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  8. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "In the days since the grisly crime, Wilson’s history as a serial domestic abuser has come to light. Danielle Johnson, who told First Coast News she dated Wilson about two years ago, was asked after the couple broke up whether she thought he was capable of killing someone. She said she replied, “Yes.”
    “I felt guilty because I dropped the ball,” said Johnson, who recalled one occasion when Wilson threatened her with an AK-47. “I was supposed to go get a permanent injunction and meet with a lot of other people and I didn’t because I was scared. But I wish I had – especially now.”

..... For instance: Wilson never let Hiatt cut her hair, the hair that was now “caked” in the blood of his victims.
    That changed when Kimberly Clarke, who owns a salon in San Marco, heard about Hiatt’s story and immediately drove to her hospital room to trim, wash and style Hiatt’s hair.
    “I feel pretty,” Hiatt said. "

Yeah, you sure DID drop the ball. But they, do you feel pretty now? :ufacepalm: :ucoffee:

Dirty South likes this.
  9. BethSucks

Reputations:
    If she wanted to be treated like shit by the guy that was her business, but once she had those kids it was her responsibility to protect them from that fuck.

Petal, Cunt, DiamondGoddess and 3 others like this.
  10. quitefrankly

quitefrankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    stanggirl likes this.
  11. GodsWForecast

GodsWForecast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hate reading these stories of thugs who take out family members and then themselves.

Why don't they just shoot themselves first and be done with it.

Fucking ponderous.

Zelda and BethSucks like this.
  12. trent Johnson

trent Johnson Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They shot themselves because they killed other people and didn't want to deal withe consequences of that. There is a good chance he didn't plan on suicide before he killed them

13. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Retarded Mudshark.

14. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    she picked him..and oh boy can she pick em

stanggirl likes this.
  15. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't even think it's the consequences...it's the enormity of what you've just done

16. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I would give zero fucks about my hair after all that.

17. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Just got finished watching a bunch of those mystery shows where the wives are the victims.

Every show, the woman does some ridiculous shit...for example...woman is married with 1 kid...husband hits her and threatens her life...she then has 2 more kids with the guy

Woman has 1 baby with boyfriend...they're broke....then they get married. ....2nd baby....still broke....pregnant third time but gives baby up for adoption. ..marriage starts to fall apart and wife starts fraternizing with ex con.

Wtf??????

SouthernListen and BethSucks like this.
  18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Here's the deal, I know I get a lot of shit for being old fashioned but women hop into the sack with men too fast. They don't take the time to date and really get to know them. They have babies and never really consider the consequences. Unless there is a real shift in how women treat themselves nothing will change

19. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    He did have enough ambition to join the navy and not just hang around his Grandma's house creating welfare babies. This would have been a tough one.

quitefrankly likes this.
  20. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mudshark killed by shark

or is it killed by mud.