Florida News: Frat Assholes Spit On Disabled Vet, Piss On Flag

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Apr 23, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Frat boys spit on wounded vet, urinate on American flag
    [​IMG]
    Investigations have been launched at two universities over accusations that fraternity members taunted wounded war heroes, urinated on an American flag, and spit on a wounded veteran and his service dog in Panama City Beach, Florida.

The April 17 incident, involving Zeta Beta Tau fraternity members from the University of Florida and Emory University, has infuriated residents of Panama City.

“They were being treated like the Vietnam veterans were treated,” said Linda Cope, the founder of the Warrior Beach Retreat.

The local charity provides an annual all-expense-paid vacation for more than a 100 combat-wounded warriors and their spouses or caregivers. All of the expenses are covered by Panama City Beach residents and businesses.

Cope tells me the fraternity members were staying in the same resort – and caused a night of mayhem. The college kids made derogatory comments about the warriors’ wives, threw items off balconies and desecrated an American flag.

She also said one of the warriors and his service dog were spit on.

Television station WJHG identified that man as Nicholas Connole.

“They actually spit on me and my service dog as well, and that’s just so disrespectful and it hurts,” he told the television station.

There were local reports of frat boys throwing beer on veterans and ripping an American flag out of the ground.

“This happened because of two fraternities causing heartache for these warriors and that should never have happened – never happened,” Cope said. “Shame on them. There was no excuse.”

Reaction has been swift.

Zeta Beta Tau International confirmed that three members of the University of Florida chapter have been expelled from the fraternity and both university chapters have suspended all activities.

“There is no doubt that some of our members engaged in ugly and unacceptable behavior,” Executive Director Laurence Bolotin wrote in a statement. “Their actions have no place in ZBT or anywhere, and they will not be tolerated.”

Bolotin issued a personal apology to the veterans and their families as well as the Warrior Beach Retreat organization – calling the behavior disgusting.

“I am deeply saddened that the actions of our members ruined this special event and failed to show the respect our military and their families deserve,” he wrote.

To the fraternity’s credit, they have promised to make amends for what they called a “disgraceful situation.”

W. Kent Fuchs, the president of the University of Florida, wrote a personal apology to Cope and the Warrior Beach Retreat.

“I can only imagine the pain and indignity of enduring this behavior,” he wrote. “I want to assure you that it is not representative of our students or our university and we will make every effort to learn more, take appropriate action and prevent similar incidents from occurring again.”

Emory University, on the other hand, said it cannot confirm that any of their students were involved in the despicable behavior.

“If any members of our community are identified as being responsible, they will be held accountable for their actions by the university,” read a statement from the Georgia school.

Cope told me the residents of Panama City Beach are “up in arms about what happened.”

“This community is so patriotic and supportive,” she said. “The fraternities are learning a hard lesson. You don’t treat these men and women who have sacrificed so much for your freedom like that.”

Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is "God Less America."

Nemo likes this.
  2. TonyJax

TonyJax White Privilege Denied. VIP

Reputations:
    If it were not for FL the USA would be perfect.

3. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama

Nick Manning and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  4. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This story sickens me. :mad:

5. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They're allowed to piss on the flag all they want.

The rest is unacceptable.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Entiled sheltered hipsters. Their perfect world will soon be crashing down on them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Only if it is their flag.

reno and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  8. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm just glad they didn't use the "N" word. Now, that would have been completely unforgivable!

9. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Honestly what the fuck?!?!
    Why the hell would anyone do this??

10. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Beyond disgraceful.

11. Trainwreckjm

Trainwreckjm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is their flag:

[​IMG]

12. FishySausage

Reputations:
    Hey LT, what's with the name change?

13. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    They are protesting the militarization of the police. :coffee:

PI Nate likes this.
  14. FishySausage

Reputations:
    It's a Jewish frat??
    They looked Mexican to me :dontknow:

15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    You beat me to it!!! I was literally just typing out the same comment. :ninja:

FishySausage and Trainwreckjm like this.
  16. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Just a change. :)

17. FishySausage

Reputations:
    [​IMG] :giggle:

18. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    :chair: witness protection program?

GoshGeeGolly, Shortwave98 and LaserT like this.
  19. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Geez. What shocking and boorish behavior from U-Florida frat boys.

@Thedomina
    [​IMG]

reno and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  20. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Wounded Veterans Had Beer Poured on Them by Zeta Beta Tau Frat Thugs Who Also Urinated on Our American Flag in Panama City Beach Fl
    [​IMG]
    "I'm defending myself," said wounded veteran Nicholas Connole, photo above. Can Panama City Beach Fl get anymore disgusting and a real place to avoid. The scumbag members of the Zeta Beta Tau Frat from the University of Florida who poured beer on our wounded Vets and urinated on our American flag must make their parents proud in New York City and South Florida. Zeta Beta Tau (ZBT) is a mostly Jewish fraternity, which was established at the University of Florida in 1921.

[​IMG]
    PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. -- A group of injured and wounded veterans on a retreat in Florida's panhandle claim they were harassed by members of a University of Florida fraternity, according to WCTV sister station WJHG in Panama City.
    Attendees and organizers of a retreat for veterans say they were shocked at the level of disrespect shown by the college students.

[​IMG]
    "They actually spit on me and my service dog as well and that's just so disrespectful and it hurts. I come and I feel honored and I feel safe and that I belong, but now I feel like I'm defending myself," said wounded veteran Nicholas Connole. Veterans say the students spit at them and threw beer on them from their balconies. "They're a total disgrace for our military," Linda Cope, founder of the Warrior Beach Retreat said. "They were urinating on the American flag and throwing things off of the balconies."

[​IMG]
    The veterans were staying at the Lake Town Wharf Resort at the same time as members of Zeta Beta Tau chapters at the University of Florida and Emory University, who were both in Panama City Beach for their spring formal. Cope says she did receive an apology letter from the University of Florida President who says he has started an investigation into the incident. She also received an apology letter from the Zeta Beta Tau's UF chapter president, who was present during the incidents. Cope says she has not heard anything from Emory University.[​IMG]

Univertiy of Florida’s Zeta Beta Tau President, Tyler Drescher

Zeta Beta Tau (ZBT) is a mostly Jewish fraternity, which was established at the University of Florida in 1921. ZBT consists of members from various backgrounds that are mostly from South Florida and New York City. The brothers are generally laid back and intelligent, yet they still enjoy the occasional party or club. ZBT is the house, from an outsider’s point of view, that is best to have a relaxing night with in which you engage in watching Entourage and Californiacation, where you can enjoy the light-headed results from puffing the flavored tobacco in a hookah or enjoy other means that create an "elevated state of mind (drugs)".

[​IMG]

ZBT is the one of the brotherhoods, where a means of self-discovery in an elevated state of mind are always welcomed and should be experienced within reason. On weekends the house is filled with pre-game festivities of drinking, mostly beer-related games, followed by downtown. ZBT, is described by one member, as much like Fox's "That 70's Show", where a different types of people gather and are united by friendship to enjoy each others companies in "the circle" as they submerge themselves in mind-alternating trances Life isn't taken o serious, only when it counts and matters, see http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Fall08/RodriguezK/brothers.html

Bill Warner Private Investigator Sarasota to Panama City Fl, SEX, CRIME, CHEATERS & TERRORISM at www.wbipi.com