For a Liberal, Howard Watches a Lot of FOX News

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Jan 31, 2013.

1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ever notice how many times Howard mentions watching FOX News? I thought libs detest that channel, but it's clear that Howard does watch it. He mentions watching Sean Hannity a lot - maybe he's trying to get him on the show.

2. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    For a straight guy, he sure watches a lot of gay shows.

3. gyp rosetti

gyp rosetti New Member

Reputations:
    Howchie is a Hollywood Liberal, which means in private he is as right wing as they come.
    Also despite all of his pretense at superior intelligence (his very public dalliances with The NYT, Chess, photography etc) Howard is basically a moron. So he watches faux news for the bubble headed blondes and the easy to follow crap they spout. Anything more complicated than that would bore him.

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fox has hot chicks in short skirts. No brainer for Howie.

5. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    All cable news sucks...Fox, CNN...all the same crap

6. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I don't have to watch Fox. I was The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. They watch it for me, show me all the funny parts and ridicule them endlessly. :jj:

7. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    i lean liberal on social stuff, and i read fox.com just to keep up on what they're spouting. same with msnbc.com.

8. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If it weren't for liberals Fox would have half the viewers it does.

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    in the same way we listened to and were entertainment by howards show, while still knowing much of what he says is bs.

but i dont think fox is anti liberal. nor do i think howard really is a liberal.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  10. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    agreed.

i think cspan, bloomberg, and bbc isnt too bad though

11. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is like most celebrities. They are Socially Liberal and that is the part they present to the public. Pro-Abortion, Pro-Gay, Anti-Gun, more Government control, more help for the poor, free health care.

Make no mistake, Howard also like many of those Socially Liberal celebrities are also Fiscally Conservative when it comes to their taxes. They are the ones who get hit the most when tax increases are put in place on the 1%. I would love to sit in on Howard or Bill Maher's meeting with their CPA when they do their taxes each year. Do you think they aren't itimizing every deduction possible, or are they saying, "I make enough money and I don't mind paying as much as possible in taxes because I know the Government will put it to good use."

12. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    Howard opposes animal cruelty, but is cruel to employees and wackpackers...

He is a closet antinatalist.:thumbup2:

13. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    are you accusing gary of being a monkey?

14. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    How to evaluate an argument:

If the conclusion is that Howard is a huge hypocrite, it's most likely true.:backlol:

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I heard some media analyst say something about why right-wing radio is so successful. He said something about how the hosts throw fire-bombs on to the air to get listeners worked up, whether they agree or disagree. Either way, they try to get people to really agitated which causes more people, whether they agree or don't, to listen. The other part of what he said was that conservatives tend to not listen to shows they disagree with but liberals do listen to contrary stuff.

Here is the article I was thinking about: http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insi...you’re-not-likely-to-see-another-neal-boortz/

Here is the blurb from Michael Harrison, the publisher of Talkers Mag: "Talk radio, especially the conservative version, has enjoyed a fine run — for a couple reasons, Harrison explained. “Liberals are more likely to listen to a conservative host with whom they disagree. Many, many people love to listen to Rush Limbaugh because they enjoy hating him. The conservative listener is less tolerant of listening to a liberal,” he said. Result: Fewer liberal talk radio show hosts."

Interesting stuff. And thinking about it, my wife's family, and mine, are very conservative in that Republican sense. And their information is fairly limited to the conservative viewpoint. This echo-chamber effect isn't limited to conservatives. I have lib friends who do the same thing, but it seems much more concentrated with conservatives.

16. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    if Obama could get rid of Fox, and talk radio, then they could have just one news.
    The government could put it on their own channel- that would save a lot of trouble. :rolleyes:

I know, they already have NPR & PBS...
    this "freedom of speech" thing is so last century, right?

17. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I don't know if I agree with that. I can't take 60 seconds of Limbaugh.

18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Talk radio proves that in a market driven purely by consumer demand, (not a content controlled monopoly) people choose to hear conservative talk. Liberal talk on the radio has been a failure- even when it was bankrolled by George Sorros. (AirAmerica)
    Democrats in Congress has made several attempts to control the content of talk radio- saying "its not fair" there are so few liberals there. Guess its fair that nearly all TV networks, newspapers and magazines, as well as Hollywood has total liberal content.
    Meanwhile, Obama is trying to eliminate Fox News (which is #1 in the ratings for the last 11 years) and talk radio. Limbaugh has a confirmed 20M listeners, 600+ stations.
    Seems Obama is not fond of anyone disagreeing with his spending and his attack on the constitution.

19. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I think the point is that more liberals are willing to listen to something disagreeable than conservatives. I don't listen to Limbaugh, either but do tune-in to Sirius Patriot now and again, check out the Drudge Report regularly, etc.

I think the echo-chamber effect is greater with cons but the libs suffer from the same malady, just not as badly, hence the success of right-wing news and talk radio.

20. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's hardly an accusation; it's more a statement of fact.