For Salooners Over 40: If You Were 15 Again, What Would You Do Differently?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Jun 4, 2013.

1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I woke up tomorrow morning and the newspaper said June 5, 1980, and I was 15 again, here's what I would do going forward.

1) Warn my father about his sudden fatal heart attack on March 28, 1981 that nearly destroyed our lives and tell him to get to the doctor, asap.
    2) Tell my brother not to buy that piece of shit 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix that was nothing but trouble for four years.
    3) Be more confident around girls when I started college in 1982.
    4) Not pursue that girl who ditched me in 1985 after telling me she was crazy about me.
    5) Not be broken hearted for a year after that.
    6) Try to get better grades in college and get into a better law school (law school was "cheap" back then - NYU was $14K per year)
    7) Buy Apple stock
    8) Buy Microsoft stock

You?

2. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Sit before release.

3. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    1) move to a part of the country that never gets winter weather after I got out of grad school
    2) buy mucho Google stock at the IPO (not listen to my asshole ex-boss who talked me out of it with all of his charts and Barron's articles).

4. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Jerk off before all dates.

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bareback more random chicks

6. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Can we play if we're under 40? I know your title says differently, but some of us would still like to play along.

7. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm only 36 but close enough.

What Xavier said above and even more so. Lots and lots of sex or even attempts at having sex. Being young and afraid of being shot down was a major issue. Now you know, who gives a fuck.

8. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I mean random with sores ... the ones with the husband about to pull into the driveway

and i mean crazy husbands with guns

9. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I'm about your age -- and having looked at Facebook at all the "hot chicks" I had crushes on who are now losing their looks (all of them, it's crazy!!) I totally agree.

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No shit. I'm only 32, but the amount of pussy I missed out on back then is shameful.

I'd also tell myself not to waste so much damn money. Thinking about the dumb shit I've spent money on through the years now that I need it more makes me cringe.

11. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    this :cheer:

12. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Okay, so the seal is broken with you. . . . I want to play along.

I have a similar thing about being broken-hearted over a chick. It happened to me in HS. It fucked up my senior year. Yeah, I dated the rest of senior year but I still wanted the gf who broke up with me. It crowded my thoughts every fucking day and went on into the first year of undergrad. I wish that could be changed. Funny thing is I KNEW I'd later be pissed at myself for being so obsessed with that chick but simply could not help myself.

I'd be nicer to my sister.

I would be more rebellious towards my parents. Being an obedient son reaped negative benefits that continue to this day.

I wouldn't get married at 19 (only to later divorce at 22). This is actually related to the chick I was heartbroken about in HS because the woman I married reminded me of that gf.

And if I still got married and divorced at such a young age, not being so ashamed of it and simply move on and chalk it up to youthful stupidity rather than feeling guilty about it for 3 years.

Those are the biggies.

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i saw the movie primer, time travel is a bad idea.

14. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Tell my dad NOT to sell 10000 Shares in a bank that he got threw my crooked Uncle in 1980, by 1989 it was worth $100,000

Tell My dad to by $35,000 ($.65 a share) of Microsoft Stock after selling that Bank Stock and paying taxes and use the other $25,000 to by 100 acres more of the land my grand parents bought in 1985.

Some How Convince my dad to stop smoking by 1983 instead of him having a heart attack in 1991. which he recovered from but his smoking and generally unhealthy lifestyle up to then lead to his cancer that killed him in 2004 even though he had become a fitness nut by the time he was diagnosed.

The land that my grandparents bought and then willed to my mother and her siblings have wind power generators on it that they are all dividing the royalties from and if they had 100 more acres they would have had 4 on it and that would be tons more money.

15. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    - don't get married the first time at 20
    - bang a few girls who wanted me, but i wasn't confident enough or smart enough to know
    - be stupid rich and freeeeee now because of what i know now - apple, etc.
    - get married the second time to the same woman and still have 3 kids

if i did all that, i'd be good i think. i'm actually pretty happy, except for my job situation.

16. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    Most of that is crystal ball shit, as opposed to shit you could actually apply your current knowledge to...no different from saying you'd have bet on a heavy underdog knowing today who won some championship in 1985. I'd have applied what I've learned since then to have been less of a self-centered shithead to my first girlfriend at 15 and I'd have stayed the fuck outta the goddamned friendship trap with some girls I was too chickenshit to pursue in high school, college and law school who obviously liked me as much as I liked them. Where'd you go to law school?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  17. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Were you married in college?

18. gail ha chu

gail ha chu Member VIP

Reputations:
    So many choices but I would have to say to stay out of the sun. I am paying dearly for all my days of growing up in the FL sun.

19. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    Totally would hit on the female teacher's that I thought were hot and if anything happened, I wouldn't tell a living fucking soul about it. I would let it continue for as long as possible.