WTF For those who have gone off effexor

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Runaway, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Runaway

Runaway Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And stayed off, how did you do it and how long did it take? I understand it has to be done carefully. I want to get off it, I'm going to Japan for a while and won't be able to get it over there anyway, thought I'd see what life was like without it.

2. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was on it for about 2 and 1/2 years. Late 2011 to early 2014.

I was taking 300mg a day.

While taking it I never noticed any changes that were helpful. It felt like I was stuck in a certain point in my life that was hell. It kept me in a terrible mood for the 2 plus years while taking it.

I just up and quit while I was off work for a week and then started the mid night shift. I wanted to quit because I was going on vacation to Mexico and wanted to have fun.

It was hell coming off of it cold turkey. The first week my head sizzled like something frying. I could not sleep for a few days. I had terrible mood swings. It lasted about 2 weeks and then I was fine.

Nasty shit. I'm pissed I allowed my doctor to put me on it. I was lazy and should have went to therapy. I figured Effexor would help but in all honesty it made my life worse. I wanted to die.

One I was off it... I feel fine.

Never ever go back on it once you quit. It's nasty.

Also good luck... in all honesty I would talk to your doctor before you quit. They may put you on a lower dose or a different medication to ween you off Effexor.

3. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I quit cold turkey and every couple of minutes it felt like somebody would stick a cattle prod to my head and zap me for 3 seconds. That lasted for about a week and a half. I never had mood swings but the brain zaps were tough.

codeine likes this.
  4. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Sounds insane.. Whats effexor for?
    I never put any chemicles in my body.