For you hockeypucks out there

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Nantrax, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What do you think of the proposed realignment plan in the NHL.

4 new conferences:

Conference "A"
    Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

Conference "B"
    Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

Conference "C"
    Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

Conference "D"
    Carolina, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

Each team in the conference will face each other 6 times. All the other teams twice (home and home).

For the playoffs, the top 4 teams face each other. Example: Conference C: Boston vs Buffalo and Montreal vs Toronto in the first round. Winner face each other in next round. After 2 rounds each conference will have a winner. 4 teams will be left, how that will be done is to be determined. (will they re-seed 1 through 4?)

I like this a LOT! What I miss about the old system was seeing the playoffs. In our division you knew the Habs would play Boston, Quebec, Hartford or Buffalo. Sure some teams would make the playoffs with bad records but nobody cared. Toronto would get Detroit, Chicago.. how great was that? Seriously Habs vs Sens or Habs vs Leafs in the playoffs.. that would be insane!

The only odd thing is having Florida and Tampa Bay in the same division as the Bruins, Habs, Leafs, etc.. but I guess with all snowbirds down there, they will sell more tickets. :giggle:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Love this new alignment

3. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I miss the old Norris division.

Fuck Dallas, Nashville And columbus. They shouldn't have a team let alone be in chicago's division.

4. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :lo5:

5. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    Pfffft. WGAS/WGAF :dontknow: