Politics Former Clinton investigator Ken Starr fired as Baylor Univ. president over sex scandal

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by XuXu, May 24, 2016.

1. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/for...starr-fired-as-baylor-univ-president-reports/

Ken Starr.jpg

Baylor University declined to comment on reports on Tuesday that Kenneth Starr, the former independent counsel charged with investigating Bill Clinton during his presidency who is now the president of the world’s largest Baptist college, has been fired over sexual abuse scandals at the school.

In the past several months, Baylor has been under fire on charges of doing too little to investigate reports of rapes by its male athletes of female students at the university in central Texas.

Local TV broadcaster KCEN reported on Tuesday that Starr had been fired, citing sources close the Board of Regents.

“We will not respond to rumors, speculation or reports based on unnamed sources, but when official news is available, the University will provide it. We expect an announcement by June 3,” the school said in a statement.

In March, a former student at Baylor University brought a negligence lawsuit in federal court in Texas against the school, claiming it acted callously and indifferently after she was raped by a Baylor football player.

In a separate scandal, Baylor football player Sam Ukwuachu was sentenced last year by a Texas judge to six months in jail for sexually assaulting a fellow student in 2013 in an incident that raised fresh questions about how the school investigates sexual assaults.

The judge in the trial deemed the school’s investigation so insufficient that he barred defense from citing it.

Following that case, Baylor asked for an independent investigation of how it has handled accusations of sexual assault on campus. A report, yet to be made public, was recently submitted to the Board of Regents, the group that can fire Starr.

Starr became the 14th president of Baylor in 2010.

Starr, a former appeals court judge, in the mid-1990s was appointed as a special counsel to investigate then President Clinton over a real estate investment and other matters.

Starr’s investigation widened to include Clinton’s sexual relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, and led to Clinton’s impeachment by the House of Representatives.

But Republicans could not muster the two-thirds majority in the Senate needed to remove Clinton from office. Republicans later were punished at the polls for what many of them conceded was a perceived overzealousness in pursuing Clinton.

MissTee and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  2. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Ken Starr brought us the juicy *ahem* tidbit that analingus went on between Clit-ton (lols) and Fatwinsky!!!

(Report did not specify who licked who.)

:c

3. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The article's headline is somewhat misleading. It seems to infer that Starr himself committed the sexual misconduct (a la Bubba), but the article clarifies that he was probably just a scapegoat, or had to fall on his sword.

4. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Well, if theres someone who knows how to fuck up an investigation, its Ken Starr.

Chiusano and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  5. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I almost cheered when I read this earlier.

Beths Arab likes this.
  6. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ken "look the other way" Starr, Newt "leaving a cancer wife" Gingrich, and Dennis "slippyfist wrestling coach" Hastert- the three guys up Clinton's ass the furthest are great standard bearers for the "morals, values, and integrity" set.

Anyonenow, nick11, h78 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
  8. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Are schoolgirls being raped something you normally cheer for? Or was it the fact this poor woman was ignored after the violation?

There is nothing to fucking cheer for in that story you sadistic fuck.

9. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whoops...

10. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Seriously?? I missed that.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  11. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    Yep!!!

Always wondered why everyone focused on the cigar instead.

:c

12. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Honest to God question as I was too young to understand this shit when it was going on. Wasn't he just hired to investigate allegations? Didn't he find Foster's death was in fact a suicide? What did he do wrong?

Why do people vilify him so much if he was nothing more than a political detective appointed to do a job, which by all accounts he did? It's like getting angry at a cop for investigation of an alleged crime. Am I missing something about the story that isn't in the history books?

Trainwreckjm likes this.
  13. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    i just like to say analingus..

14. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    That's the kind of news XuXu reads.

15. LonghornJ

LonghornJ VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  16. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Ah yah. I'm trying to think of a joke about how the cigar was a proxy for his penis while punning the hell out of munchausen referring to her butt being chowed, but I can't make it work.

17. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    :snicker:

Jayla likes this.
  18. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    i won't say he did anything wrong but there was a particular zeal with which he pursued them not like someone on a fact finding mission but like someone who was out to get someone at all cost...i don't defend the clintons at all and especially not bill as far as his philandering goes but to go after him like he did and then to try and keep this students rape quiet when it would be his job that is potentially be on the line...it just fucking reeks of hypocrisy..

cg256 likes this.
  19. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    He's an asshole....always was

20. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's easy to vilify him because back in the day, Starr positioned himself as a humble "the law is the law" and "I'm just here to get the facts" kind of guy, even though that was a veneer for what often appeared to be his very politically-oriented witch hunt.

This "aw, shucks" approach would be OK, I suppose, if he didn't end up being a fully corrupt college president who didn't mind hiding the facts when it suited his own insidious interests.

knuckle_hedd and cg256 like this.