Amazon Prime

Former Howard fans who like O&A now.

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by DogStar69, Feb 4, 2012.

1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One thing that sucks about O&A is that they don't have a good message forum.

the most popular one is Wackbag, but if you say negative things about them you get banned, O&A are actually as sensitive about shit said about them and also have no sense of humor about themselves when others say it. They always ban people who call them out on their instant feedback and love blocking people in Twitter.

If you start new topics there about them the older members all gang up on you and tell you that you are stupid.

Anyway I don't listen daily I usually just download the shows and listen on my iPod Touch and usually I don't hear the latest show because I listen to a half hour at a time while in the car.

If anyone wants the site to download their shows let me know I will post it.

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Target
  3. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Mostly Opie.....Ant is more strolling down the street, whistling while kicking a can as he goes

4. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    I'm beginning to enjoy their show, but just when Little Jimmy and a comic or two is sittin in studio.

5. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt! VIP

Reputations:
    Not gonna happen.

6. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't classify myself as a former Stern fan, but I definately prefer O&A these days.

I only started listening to them at the end of 2010 trying to prepare for a possible Stern retirement and thus far find the show more fun, with more laughs, and focuse on topics that better reflect my interests

Especially the fact that they have way more comedians who come in and hang out.

Little Jimmy is the funniest guy on either show

7. Jack Shit

Jack Shit New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Some of Norton's stuff is comic genius. Contrasted with the vibe in Howard's studio, you really get what's missing by not having someone in the Jackie/Billy/Artie chair.

8. jms397

jms397 Member

Reputations:
    Once I saw this guy, I knew not to listen to Opie Anthony

[​IMG]

9. Jack Shit

Jack Shit New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Every show has a bobo.

10. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't listen to Howard after seeing pics of Irish John and Double A.

11. turboteabag

turboteabag New Member

Reputations:
    O&A and Howard are good at the potty mouth and low brow humor, just STFU about politics and current events. That is all.

12. jms397

jms397 Member

Reputations:
    Thank goodness I started listening before Howard let those idiots on the air and before you could see retards on the internet.

13. Vanquish

Vanquish New Member

Reputations:
    I guess the wars are over now. I kind of enjoy them, and actually agree a lot of the time with what they are saying, I agree more with them than some of Howard's extreme views on issues. And at least they give their own opinion on movies and TV shows.

Actually I like their guests and interviews more too, they actually have comedians in.

But sometimes the show is a little bit of a drag. Anyway I listen to them sometimes but not as religiously as the Stern show. I find the stuff they talk about more interesting, but it's just not as polished as the Stern show and some bits are not working for them.

14. Scott

Scott Nightwatchman Staff Member

Reputations:
    I've been listening to them off and on for years, since they were on WAAF in Boston. I've never preferred them over Stern but to think you have to pick one or the other is silly. I've been listening to them a lot more now that Stern is down to 8-12 hours a week (and sometimes a month). I've never been one for reruns so if there isn't new Stern on, I will find something live to listen to.

They are much better when they're not talking about Howard too. A couple years ago when they were doing xm/fm at the same time, every time I put them on, I couldn't go 5 minutes without hearing them mention him.

One thing I like about them is they are younger and much more in tune with guys my age/social status. They are much more up to date with current music, technology and even video games. I'd much rather hear about that stuff than AGT or iphones.

15. Shithead

Reputations:
    Opie on vacation all week yet Anthony and Jim are working...Stupid work ethic...:c....Supposed to be talking to Will Ferrell today

16. Scott

Scott Nightwatchman Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard's doing 112 shows this year which averages out to about 9 shows a month. Yet the price of Sirius has gone way up. And he wonders why people are pissed. Oh well, at least I'm finding other shows to fill the void away from 100 and 101. Lately I've been switching to O&A during Howard's live show for the first time in my life. Every time the topic is AGT I just zone out and don't hear it so I might as well listen to something.

17. jobbey

jobbey Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    just started to listen to them the past week... today they're having shane from walking dead.

18. FreeFredNorris

FreeFredNorris New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    It's a shame what SiriusXM has done to O&A. They never promote them at all! Yet, Howard, who rarely comes to work anymore, and when he does puts on some of the most boring radio ever, gets all the press. I hope those idiots over their get their heads out of their asses and put some effort into promoting guys that ACTUALLY do their job!

19. Shithead

Reputations:
    Like O&A said, SiriusXM decided years ago to put all their eggs in one basket.......Now those eggs have gone rotten Sad but O&A are the Rodney Dangerfield of satellite radio

20. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    You've got to be kidding!!

21. Gwarn1

Gwarn1 Worlds poorest sugar daddy VIP

Reputations:
    Well you're just too fucking cool for O&A now arent you?