former Stern target Jerry Seinfeld's new web series

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by IlluminatiJones, Sep 1, 2012.

1. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Seinfeld has this new web series called "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee", and the best one to date...................yes, even better than the Alec Baldwin one.......................features MST3K creator Joel-something...................a show I never got into........................a show I thought was done much better by Woody Allen when it was "What's Up, Tiger Lilly?".

I say all of this just to illustrate the point that I have no dog in this fight. I didn't know this fucker from Adam before I watched the episode.

Unlike previous episodes, there are no boundaries/constraints in this episode: no looking up/looking down/mutual admiration society nonsense, no slotting in to familiar roles, no accommodating the other person..............it's just two goofballs enjoying each others company, making each other laugh, and riffing on each others observations without a trace of one-upmanship, or however the fuck you spell it.

It's completely endearing.

And now that I've completely oversold it, without further ado, here is...............................it.

I really want him to do an episode with Leno, but I can't imagine who would drive. I think they'd have to get one of those driver's ed cars with dual steering wheels and pedals.

2. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I've seen two I think. I liked it.

3. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
  4. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
  5. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    not sure of the details to be honest. but the british version was quite popular.

6. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Really? Never heard of it, and I've heard of everything, man.

7. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    I've been enjoying the show. The last one had Super Dave with his plastic face & wig.:coffee:

8. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't realize that - at least the UK guy isn't taking the Stern approach of whining that he got ripped off and threatening litigation. I saw the first couple of episodes of Seinfeld's series and thought they were good.

9. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Thanks for posting that link. I'm an MST3K fan and it was nice to see Joel Hodgson. Now, I think I'll go watch Manos: The Hands of Fate.

10. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Yeah, he's a weird old creaky cranky obnoxious bastard, isn't he? He's got some good stories, but they certainly come at a price.

He did the Howard "wrecking ball/take over the situation" thing. He's like an old, complaining, Jewish hurricane, and Seinfeld basically just sat back and let him blow through the episode.

Each of these "webisodes" bring out a different aspect of Seinfeld. I've never liked the dude until now. He did himself a great favor doing this.

Fun times!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Age and success can, and I suppose should, make a funnyman a better person: they've mellowed, there should be nothing more to prove, they've made many friends along the way and can share some laughs with them, as well as help them out. Leno's taking care of God knows how many people, from his employees on his show and at his garage, not to mention comedy buddies and other friends, as well as family I'm sure. Kimmel hosts giant football parties during the season, and regular parties throughout the year, and seems to be with a complete normal woman.

and then there's this "gay-retard Matrix-abortion, sue everybody!-greedy miser" douchebag

[​IMG]

Howard got in the wrong car.

11. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link, Mr. Jones. I watched it last night and laughed till I nearly choked. :D

12. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Joel was just on the Nerdist podcast too. If you've never seen MST3K, check out the "Manos: Hands of Fate" episode. It's the bomb.

"DO SOMETHING!"
    [video=youtube;P0_f5fkrCTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_f5fkrCTA[/video]

13. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip. Great stuff.