Former Zapper Bassist Imprisoned for Child Molestation

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by RH Goatcabin, Feb 23, 2012.

1. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/22/3754559/former-frank-zappa-bassist-imprisoned.html

FORT WORTH — A founding member of the band Little Feat who also played bass for Frank Zappa will serve 25 years for molesting a child younger than 14 over an extended period, the Tarrant County district attorney's office said.

Roy Ralph Estrada, who performed with Zappa's The Mothers of Invention, abused the female family member in Tarrant County after he was released from a California prison for another child abuse case.

Estrada, 68, is being temporarily housed at the J. Middleton prison unit near Abilene. He pleaded guilty in January to a charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child.

"The victim's family was unaware that he was a convicted sex offender,†Melody McDonald, spokeswoman for the Tarrant district attorney's office, said in an email.

"Estrada was sentenced to 25 years in a plea bargain agreement and is not eligible for parole. He will be 93 years old before he is released from prison."

On Dec. 9, 1994, Estrada was convicted in Orange County, Calif., of the felony offense of committing a lewd act with a child, according to records from the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

After he served his six-year sentence, he reconnected with his family in Texas, McDonald said. He was indicted on the new charge in March 2008.

Zappa, a musical innovator described by The New York Times as rock’s most committed iconoclast, died at his Los Angeles home at age 52 in 1993.

The stage shows of his band, the Mothers of Invention, were renowned for precise musicianship and uninhibited, sometimes scatological humor, his Times obituary said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/0...k-zappa-bassist-imprisoned.html#storylink=cpy

2. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    I wonder what the kid was wearing?

3. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    I wonder what Slippy is wearing

4. Billy Brown

Billy Brown Thinking big VIP

Reputations:
    I have never listened to a Zappa song straight through.

you people are old.

5. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    That's horrible!

I hated when I found out all that stuff about Gary Glitter as well because I was a huge fan of his music. "Angel Face" used to be my jam until I found out he liked the kids.

"12 year-olds, Dude."
    [​IMG]

6. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    I love Zappa and I'm 31, sir. :eek:

7. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    Convicted child predators should be hanged, drawn and quartered and or what ever they be doing to this guy :coffee:

[​IMG]

8. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah I hate to hear that, too. I don't like all Zappa, but what I do, I like a lot. I really hate that his name is thrown into all this, too. Frank was an incredibly intelligent and learned man, but most people don't see past the Yellow Snow and Titties And Beer...

9. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Don't eat the yellow snow or diddle little kids. Frank would not approve.

10. jonpow

jonpow Tennessee Jed VIP

Reputations:
    Explains the band name "little feat"