Four people shot at anti-violence rally

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by yippeekyaa, Sep 6, 2013.

1. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...breaks-out-at-anti-violence.html#.Uio9f8asjlW

By Steve Lyttle
    slyttle@charlotteobserver.com

Posted: Friday, Sep. 06, 2013
    Charlotte’s recent spate of violence took a new twist Thursday night when gunfire broke out at an anti-violence vigil in the city’s Villa Heights neighborhood.
    Four people were injured, but police say none of the victims’ injuries is considered life-threatening. No arrests have been announced.
    Mothers of Murdered Offspring sponsored the vigil, calling attention to last Thursday’s death of Javon Booker, who police say was fatally shot when he allegedly tried to rob a convenience store on Tom Hunter Road in north Charlotte. The service took place in the 2500 block of Pinckney Avenue, a block south of Matheson Avenue.
    Shortly after 10:30 p.m., police were called by someone at the vigil who said a person pulled a gun and began firing at people.
    When officers arrived, they found that most people had fled, and there were no shooting victims. But within a short time, police learned that there were four victims, each of whom had called 911 from a different location.
    Detectives spent much of the night gathering evidence and talking to witnesses.
    Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers, at 704-334-1600, or file a report online.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...anti-violence.html#.Uio9b8asjlV#storylink=cpy

2. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    Here is why they were having an anti-violence rally

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/1-dead-in-northeast-Charlotte-shooting-221732801.html

by WCNC.com Staff
    Posted on August 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    Updated Friday, Aug 30 at 9:43 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A store clerk in north Charlotte is alive after the store owner says the employee pulled a gun on an alleged robber and defended himself. The 21-year-old suspect died on the scene.
    "He was just defending himself. He has a family too. It's him or us," said Charlotte Fast Mart owner, Lamia Hannah.
    Hannah says her clerk did what he had to do when he shot and killed Javon Booker Thursday night. Hannah says Booker demanded money and hit the clerk in the head with a gun.
    "He could have been shot. He could have been laying dead on the floor and in a morgue," said Hannah.
    Instead, it's Booker’s family who is now planning a funeral. Mother Roberta says whatever her son may have done, she's still mourning the loss of her child.
    "I miss my son and I love him, and it hurts me. I wasn't there. I don't know what happened," said Roberta Booker.
    Hannah says they never want to have to use it like this, but the store must have a gun for protection. This isn't the first time this happened here at Charlotte Fast Mart. In 2007, the owner says a suspect came in, pulled a gun on her, and she also shot and killed the assailant in self defense.
    All day, neighbors of the Hidden Valley community came by to show their support for the store.
    "It's a neighborhood. I been around here 13 years. This is only store I come to. It’s the only store I come to and for that to happen--," said a neighbor.
    While in mourning, Booker's family says they don't condone his actions, but it doesn't take away from their loss.
    "It is what it is. An investigation is going to be done. All we ask is that you pray for the family, that all we can ask for right now," said Booker’s cousin.
    Hannah says she hopes no one else has to be hurt.
    "I hope they don't come and do it again, and I hope we don't have to do it again, because it's not easy," said Hannah.

[​IMG]

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...so do I have this right? a kid was shot dead when he TRIED TO ROB a store clerk and now a rally?

4. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    Exactly. The group holding the rally call themselves MOMO - Mothers Of Murdered Offspring. They consider the shooting of this criminal in self defense as an unjustified murder even though the thug had a previous criminal record and hit the clerk over the head with a gun while committing a robbery.

5. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    and forgot to add.............4 more people were shot at the rally.

6. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    They are protesting a criminal getting shot?

God help us all :facepalm:

7. yippeekyaa

Reputations:

is shooting 4 people at an anti-violence rally to support the recent shooting of a criminal really a protest?

8. Bye You!

Reputations:
    C'mon Yip. It's not like the kindergarten graduate/altar boy pulled the trigger or anything.

9. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    All he wanted was a bag of Skittles, the gun accidentally fell out of his pocket and hit the clerk on the head when he was reaching for his billfold.

10. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
  11. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I don't know that, but I do know this: it's pretty darn funny. :hhh:

12. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    But hey, this took place only 10 miles away from the church that recently asked for all white ushers to greet people at the door..................

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    help a nicca out here
    I ain't reading all that shit
    Who is white and who is wrong in this story?
    :hat:

14. Bye You!

Reputations:
    The PO-lice need to start looking for the shooter there. :grad:

15. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Srs, it's worth a read. :D

16. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    :lol:

17. yippeekyaa

Reputations:

Think of it as a comic book with no pictures and a guaranteed laugh at the end

18. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Will there be a car wash to raise money to help the victims shot at the anti-violence rally?

19. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Black folk....always good for a laugh.

20. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Javon...